BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom

This is why, it's so frustrating when people shoot down the realists as doommongers in order to stay asleep. Maybe even justify their apathy towards protests. When really they just can't be bothered, or don't really care that our club is being damaged further every season.

The writing is on the wall with every decision but:

"Signing Kean is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, give em a chance"

"Giving Bowyer another season is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Selling [pick one] is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, they just need to give the manager a bit of it"

Moving the family stand without consultation is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, it's not their fault it's the fans walking away"

"Signing Coyle is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Not spending a penny on transfer fees for two years and making long serving key staff (the higher earners?) redundant is a bad sign about the perilous state the club is in"

"There's nothing we can do except watch and wait and hope we have a club left"

Fans of most other clubs would not put up with all this without a fight. We went down like lemmings.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if our transfer 'dealing' is done. But then it also wouldn't surprise me if they signed another player who just about made it possible for their supporters to say "see, they are trying" - or perhaps just openly courted someone only for it to fall through.

Bleakerer than ever. They say the darkest hour is before the dawn. We our nightmare continues with no sun in sight. Annual target of 21st and a player to sell - that's the height of our ambition.

I actually agree with a lot of this content BUT I'd like to add in the interest of balance:

When you say 'realists' are shot down as 'doom mongers', realist is subjective. You could easily be shooting down 'realists' as 'Rovers Fans'.

I know it's splitting hairs, but just try to appear less confrontational when it comes to other opinions. I had a few messages today about those first few sentences, and not from the usual whingers.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I don't buy this 'natural level' lark either. Only need to look down the road at our tin-pot neighbours and who they're lining up against this season to show it means nothing.

One or two keep going on about it like they are yearning for it for some reason, it's cobblers. Several clubs in this div would be way down the leagues on just their sole income not just us and also several in this league and below would be in the Prem on what they can generate themselves. Old days it worked like that for most but modern days it doesn't and nearly all clubs in the leagues need outside funding just to tick over.

By modern standards after what Venkys have reduced us to our meagre income would see us in league 2 probably but would people say oh they are at their real level now ? Would they balls they'd say we are a big club that should be in the Prem/top half of the Championship. They wouldn't look at the 5k gates they'd look at the 20k+ ones from nigh on 20 yrs at the top table in our recent past.

That's where this set up should be.

And please nobody mention Portsmouth, when they were in this league when Kidd was here their gates were probably less than ours at that time if I recal correctly. Because they were just a plodding Champ outfit.

Yeah, I don't buy this 'natural level' lark either. Only need to look down the road at our tin-pot neighbours and who they're lining up against this season to show it means nothing.

The difference is that Burnley have been run on a much sounder footing in terms of finance. They are run by local people who make sure that the club does not over reach itself financially and thus are now making a healthy profit with the promise of another season of Premier League/TV money to come. It's the debt that is the problem for us and is the reason, I suspect, why we are now selling whoever we can for whatever we can get for them. The only reason natural level has entered the conversation is because it was suggested they may be looking to sell and one or two of us felt it may also point to them allowing the club find its own level in terms of being self supporting in terms of finance. One or two of us merely speculated that it would be difficult to sustain a Championship club with our levels of debt with limited income streams.

Why the hell is Coyle all over today's press talking about Celtic and Duffy?

If they've made no bid shut up you idiot.

Coyle, like any other manager is in a no win situation. If he is asked if a bid has been received and refuses to comment it will be taken as a signal that a bid has been received. When he says no bid has been received he is accused of inviting offers. Doesn't matter if it's Coyle, Lambert or whoever, in the present climate within the supporter base the manager is never going to win.

I think making the club self sufficient seems to be the plan and I would agree that we would have to drop down to at least League One and possibly lower to make it work. Money seems to be going into the Academy - just look at the number of lads involved not to mention all the sport science and back up staff down there. Rather than looking to sell at the moment, I get the feeling that they are simply going to allow the club to find its own level without having to prop it up financially. The amount of money that Coyle gets from the Hanley transfer will be a good indicator. The fact that he is talking about loans suggests he has been told not to expect very much.

That does appear to be the plan PB.

I was chatting with Bob Coar and he confirmed that the V's are putting £2M into the Academy every year. If we get a couple of decent ones breaking into the 1st team (you are far closer to the quality and potential than I am PB) and if you sell one for £5M every couple of years then the Academy starts to pay for itself; this is exactly the plan at Fleetwood Town with their investment in their new Academy.

This helps towards the Club paying for itself on a day-to-day basis but it does not answer the need for: investment; infrastructure; and a strategy to build and grow. It is a safety first strategy of lower and non-league teams. It is also the plan that Chorley FC are looking to adopt.

It is called dumbing down, where investment has to come from within. Sadly the other income streams of corporate sales and sponsorship, match income and TV deals are continuing downwards.

This may be an understatement but the future is looking a wee bit uncertain for Blackburn Rovers.

Shane Duffy isn't for sale should have been his answer Parson.

That's what Souness or Hughes would have said, coupled with a menacing stare.

But they had a chairman who worked woth them to strengthen our first team and replace players we sold. How daft would Coyle look if he said duffy is not for sale and then found that someone had already sold him from under him. I dont feel sorry for him but he must have to be careful not to say something that will come back to bite him

The difference is that Burnley have been run on a much sounder footing in terms of finance. They are run by local people who make sure that the club does not over reach itself financially and thus are now making a healthy profit with the promise of another season of Premier League/TV money to come. It's the debt that is the problem for us and is the reason, I suspect, why we are now selling whoever we can for whatever we can get for them. The only reason natural level has entered the conversation is because it was suggested they may be looking to sell and one or two of us felt it may also point to them allowing the club find its own level in terms of being self supporting in terms of finance. One or two of us merely speculated that it would be difficult to sustain a Championship club with our levels of debt with limited income streams.

I do understand where you're coming. To have a squad made up of League One players and wages would lead us closer to breaking even, with reliance on the academy to produce talent worth selling. However, as preston blue has said, with the drop in gates, sponsorship and all the other income streams that benefit being a higher league club, we could still struggle.

With our infrastructure, achieving promotion (even if we get relegated the following season) is surely the only real way out of this mess.

As for Coyle's comments on Duffy and Celtic, certainly seems like a come and get him plea to me. He's no doubt resigned to selling off our best players.

Why on earth did this lot buy a PL football club? And why did it have to be us?

Anyone who still thinks Venkys have Rovers' interests at heart is an imbecile.

I certainly don't trust them to help make Rovers self-sufficient. In my view they (and their associates) have been making money out of this club since day one.

The sooner they go the better whilst we at least still have 6000-8000 fans. That many gives us half a chance of stabilising in League One.

I just hope Kamy is right and this is their exit strategy, with the TV cameras m set up because they want the club to make the club look better (overseas coverage obviously).

I actually agree with a lot of this content BUT I'd like to add in the interest of balance:

When you say 'realists' are shot down as 'doom mongers', realist is subjective. You could easily be shooting down 'realists' as 'Rovers Fans'.

I know it's splitting hairs, but just try to appear less confrontational when it comes to other opinions. I had a few messages today about those first few sentences, and not from the usual whingers.

Odd post. Why are you getting messages about my posts Mike?

Are there people REALLY clicking the report button over content like that? Crimes, this mb has dropped to knew lows if so.

Anyone still happy clapping along (you are on Fb - you know the type) is NOT a realist.

Are there people REALLY clicking the report button over content like that? Crimes, this mb has dropped to knew lows if so.

Anyone still happy clapping along (you are on Fb - you know the type) is NOT a realist.

clappers gonna clap dude .

Because it's true.

Think I've just found out who is complaining about me.

Imbecile, n. A stupid person.

Yes, I think that's accurate.

Calling somebody an "enemy of the club" for wanting rid of Venkys is far more insulting. Which is what EwoodSpark and Jbizzle called me.

Think I've just found out who is complaining about me.

Imbecile, n. A stupid person.

Yes, I think that's accurate.

Calling somebody an "enemy of the club" for wanting rid of Venkys is far more insulting. Which is what EwoodSpark and Jbizzle called me.

I could narrow it down to 2

• Backroom

I'm afraid so, but this is an mb that caters to all views. You can't make a post complaining about your views being dismissed or shot down when simultaneously decrying the opposing view. That's just daft.

Differing opinions are why this mb exists. Without them it becomes RoversTalk or some other crud.

FWIW I don't believe there is anyone (even chaddy ;) ) who actually is 'happy clapping'. I think people are 'at worst' clinging to anything positive. Personally I choose to do that, while hoping for an exit strategy or admin rather than trying to join the (absolutely justified) misery.

Archived