BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

@#/? thats alot of money received, and not a single penny spent on a transfer fee. The feck going on!

A polite phrase would be ''asset stripping' but what's going on in more like rape and pillage...imo

I do not blame Hanley for getting out of the Ewood madhouse and wish him well at the home of the Massively Inflated Egos. They will get promoted but I do wonder if Hanley will play in the PL.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why, it's so frustrating when people shoot down the realists as doommongers in order to stay asleep. Maybe even justify their apathy towards protests. When really they just can't be bothered, or don't really care that our club is being damaged further every season.

The writing is on the wall with every decision but:

"Signing Kean is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, give em a chance"

"Giving Bowyer another season is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Selling [pick one] is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, they just need to give the manager a bit of it"

Moving the family stand without consultation is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"We don't know that FFS, it's not their fault it's the fans walking away"

"Signing Coyle is a bad idea, they are taking the mick"

"Not spending a penny on transfer fees for two years and making long serving key staff (the higher earners?) redundant is a bad sign about the perilous state the club is in"

"There's nothing we can do except watch and wait and hope we have a club left"

Fans of most other clubs would not put up with all this without a fight. We went down like lemmings.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if our transfer 'dealing' is done. But then it also wouldn't surprise me if they signed another player who just about made it possible for their supporters to say "see, they are trying" - or perhaps just openly courted someone only for it to fall through.

Bleakerer than ever. They say the darkest hour is before the dawn. We our nightmare continues with no sun in sight. Annual target of 21st and a player to sell - that's the height of our ambition.

Yeah but wouldn't it be a dull world if we were all the same Stuart? People all deal with it differently. I've lost loved ones and all I wanted to do was work. I didn't really want to work of course. But it gets you through it nonetheless. I'm sure everyone is feeling hurt by what's happened at the club. But some see fit to shout, some moan and some cheer even louder. Doesn't make it any less painful. It's just the shouters, by their nature, shout when someone is perceived to disagree with them. It's probably the same for those who want to just keep supporting their way through it with blind optimism. They probably feel like they wish everyone would stop reminding them how bad things are because it doesn't fit with their way of coping. That's the real pisser here. We all feel the same really but the fans only have each other to air their grievances with because the club don't want to listen.

Have I used the work bleak today? Because it feels apt again. So no concrete offers for Duffy. Which says there has been tentative enquiries. Which means they'll probably bid 25% less than they feel he's worth because they know Venkys are in the mood for cash.

Jesus he is repeating the same tricks he pulled for Hanley. Might as well pitch a for sale sign around his neck.

Have I used the work bleak today? Because it feels apt again. So no concrete offers ro Duffy. Which says there has been tentative enquiries. Which means they'll probably bid 25% less than they feel he's worth because they know Venkys are in the mood for cash.

We don't know that FFS, they just need to give the manager a bit of it ;)

But yeah, i think you're right. I don't know what the end game is though. Maybe they've had enough of being complete incompetents and are planning their escape.

The subtext of what Coyle has said is as subtle as an elephant on a trampoline.

He may as well be parading Duffy around Celtic Park.

Losing Hanley is obviously a blow but if we keep Duffy , him and Ward will be a decent partnership and with Brown and Wharton there as back up I think we will have enough there to stay in the division ( ... Oh how the targets for the season have changed ... ) the problem for me us if we lose Duffy as well , then we have to go into the market , Baptiste would be ideal IF his injury hasn't compromised him

I have mentioned that I feel OCM will have to some money to spend , restocking the fridge I think I called it , it won't be a lot , maybe £1m or so , so I would not be surprised to see a younger highly rated defender come in , maybe even from a league below us

Could this be start of Venky's exit strategy?

We have received circa £30 million in transfer fees/sell on clauses in the last 12 months, very little spent on the playing squad with almost all of it used to bring down the debt with the state bank of India which Venky's have liability for. Maybe they are bring down that debt to a level as much as they can from existing assets (playing squad) once they have sold all of those assets they begin the process of selling the club.

We have received circa £30 million in transfer fees/sell on clauses in the last 12 months, very little spent on the playing squad with almost all of it used to bring down the debt with the state bank of India which Venky's have liability for. Maybe they are bring down that debt to a level as much as they can from existing assets (playing squad) once they have sold all of those assets they begin the process of selling the club.

tumblr_mcsewwDwGV1rzbvsto1_500.gif

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE...I DONT WANNA GO TO ASDA!!!!!

Well as I've said numerous times this week, there's only Marshall and Duffy left to sell asset wise. So please pass on that they're free to bugger off after this point.

Exactly my thoughts Kamy.

Buy the club, relegate it, sell everything in it with value then dump it.

What good people.

But who is going to buy the club when the current owners have sold the best players?

makes it less valuable to sell surely?

Plus why ignore the Seneca's bid? and denial they was an approach to buy the club. But I have noticed that Seneca haven't make any public comments about their bid aswell.

I wouldn't be surprise if they are looking to reduce the debt whilst looking to run the club minimal money and the club having to be self sufficent

A new very real problem we are hurtling for is that any new owner coming in could be well put off by knowing the squad is in tatters, so spending circa of £5-10m is absolutely required to get this squad competitive to stay in this league never mind promotion.

I want venkys to go more than anything so don't think my opening line is thinking we need them, it just has me thinking we are surely not that attractive of a purchase for anybody especially if as expected the scumbags simply load the £110m+ debt on to the club on exit!

But who is going to buy the club when the current owners have sold the best players?

Plus why ignore the Seneca's bid? and denial they was an approach to buy the club. But I have noticed that Seneca haven't make any public comments about their bid aswell.

I wouldn't be surprise if they are looking to reduce the debt whilst looking to run the club minimal money and the club having to be self sufficent

...DO YOU WANT THEM TO STAY?

you know what, if being relegated to league 1 helps get rid of Venkys, then so be it. If we have to play the kids in league 1, then so be it, if it means Venkys and the fools are gone. We are Rovers, we will find somebody again who might want to wake this sleeping giant again.

I hope you're correct Kamy, but the logic of selling the players to make us a more saleable asset seems to be a bit confusing - I mean, we are worth less without assets, but the debt won't go down if we are selling for running costs...?

Therefore we would cost the same for less of a football club?

Venky's have continually denied that they are looking to exit over the years, I would not expect them to cut their losses and sell up, they are here for the long term unfortunately.

I hope with every fibre in my body that you are correct Kamy.

Disclaimer: I am not getting my friggng hopes up though.

...DO YOU WANT THEM TO STAY?

Did I even say that at all?

Maybe read what I say 1st!!!

JB's post above makes the same points as me.

Why sell the all the best players then sell the club? Cos you are going to get less for it. Keep the best players then sell it and you get more for it surely?

Also if this money from players sales is just to pay for day to day running costs and paying of BOI loan, then what about the 100 mil plus in debt? Also why would a new owner want to spend millions on buying a club when its over 100 millions in debt?

On crowds of 8000 and very little commercial or merchandising income we would need to be in League Two to be self sufficient. There is no way on earth the massively reduced income stream can support a Championship club.

They are liars Chaddy. They want to squeeze every last drop out of this club and selling off the last assets we have will put more money into their coffers. Had they accepted the Seneca bid they would have missed out on the Hanley money and potentially Duffy and Marshall.

Archived