BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

On crowds of 8000 and very little commercial or merchandising income we would need to be in League Two to be self sufficient. There is no way on earth the massively reduced income stream can support a Championship club.

They are liars Chaddy. They want to squeeze every last drop out of this club and selling off the last assets we have will put more money into their coffers. Had they accepted the Seneca bid they would have missed out on the Hanley money and potentially Duffy and Marshall.

If they had accepted Senace bid and we backed the manager with serious cash to get promote then we would be very much on the way to be debt free if we reach PL.

Surely that a better way?

On crowd of 8k, didnt Burnley manage it before Dyche took over and got them promotion 1st time around?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they had accepted Senace bid and we backed the manager with serious cash to get promote then we would be very much on the way to be debt free if we reach PL.

On crowd of 8k, didnt Burnley manage it before Dyche took over and got them promotion 1st time around?

The best way, imo, is for these neglectful, clueless, care free, cold hearted, confused charlatans to spend everything daddy gave them on the club to get back up. Then, if we go up spend some more to stay up. Then sod off. And if we don't go up put the club into administration, write off the debt and let someone who cares buy it for a quid and nurture it back to life.

• Backroom

Coyle couldn't be more blatant with the Duffy comments.

Hanley is literally just out of the door and he's pimping the next one out.

• Moderation Lead

I couldn't agree more. What is it with the LT? Every other local paper is on board with their local club, not ours though! The LT seems desperate for us to sell our players so they've got something to print! All those goons and ex-Rovers that are effectively putting our players in the shop window can jog on as well! :angry2:

Thats exactly how I read it, where is the not for sale at any price line?

Kamy I hope you are right. They could sell the entire squad for me as long as they bugger off.

Just read this myself. His comments indicate that Celtic have expressed an interest (just not a formal offer) ad he is basically now telling them to come back and make a proper bid.

Meanwhile, he says we haven't got any offers in place to replace Hanley, even though he's known since day 1 of pre-season that he's been off to Newcastle and he is using his contacts for a loan. Meaning we aren't interested in replacing him with a permanent signing.

It's an absolute Joke.

If they are using the cash raised from sales to pay off the 'external' Bank of India debt then it should be paid off by now.

With the Hanley and Rochina money coming in this summer, that takes us up to more than £26 million received in the space of 12 months. If the entirety of that money is being used to reduce the debts then the Bank of India debt should be paid off by now. I seem to recall that it was around the £20 million mark, with the remaining circa £80 million owed to Venkys. So in theory our overall debts should have fallen from £100 million to £70 million or so and the external debt should have been wiped out, with the remainder owed to Venkys.

Sadly I think we're just hoping for a positive outcome from a sustained period of bad news. I don't think Venkys have any intention of relinquishing control of this club. They've had to make serious cutbacks and pocket this money because someone in their organisation has had enough of pouring money into a venture that as yet hasn't brought any success and they are reigning it in. The trouble is they don't seem to realise that doing too much cutting too quickly and selling the quality we have sold recently without replacing them is a blueprint for relegation from this League.

They naively gambled the parachute money thinking that it was easy to get promoted. After 4 years missing out they've had enough of spending and are trying to get back as much as they can before running the club on a shoestring budget going forward.

If they did decide they wanted out then a sensible first step would be to sort out the external debt, get back as much money as they can, before selling the club for next to nothing debt free. There would undoubtedly be a lot of interested parties across the world interested in taking on a club of this size, stature and history if the price was right and the debt was a sensible level. However an 'exit strategy' requires people with sense. Venkys would have to accept that it hasn't worked out, agree to write off a large amount of money and agree on who/when/how much to let the club go for. That's too much to hope for.

I couldn't agree more. What is it with the LT? Every other local paper is on board with their local club, not ours though! The LT seems desperate for us to sell our players so they've got something to print! All those goons and ex-Rovers that are effectively putting our players in the shop window can jog on as well! :angry2:

Yesterday Kevin Gallacher was telling us all what a brilliant, massive, wonderful club Newcastle is, today they've moved on from the successful Hanley sale and are now on to the next one, trying to get Duffy out of the door. I'll give it until Monday before they are linking Marshall with a move to a Championship rival.

Absolute disgrace of a newspaper and the reason I won't buy it.

Did I even say that at all?

Maybe read what I say 1st!!!

JB's post above makes the same points as me.

Why sell the all the best players then sell the club? Cos you are going to get less for it. Keep the best players then sell it and you get more for it surely?

Also if this money from players sales is just to pay for day to day running costs and paying of BOI loan, then what about the 100 mil plus in debt? Also why would a new owner want to spend millions on buying a club when its over 100 millions in debt?

!!!

Just read this myself. His comments indicate that Celtic have expressed an interest (just not a formal offer) ad he is basically now telling them to come back and make a proper bid.

Meanwhile, he says we haven't got any offers in place to replace Hanley, even though he's known since day 1 of pre-season that he's been off to Newcastle and he is using his contacts for a loan. Meaning we aren't interested in replacing him with a permanent signing.

It's an absolute Joke.

Yep, and some folk seriously thought Coyle would be reinvesting the Hanley proceeds into new players and strengthening Rovers. Time to wake up folks.

does anybody know, if i call Coyle a Keaner, that it might change Keaner to a W@nker?

so next season, all these loan players go back to their clubs. Then we have to find new loan players again. *sigh* we have morons and imbeciles running this club

It's back to the original Venky project of 'leasing' players. Its bound to fail. It isn't sustainable and won't help Blackburn Rovers in the long run.

I could just about accept a strategy of signing young promising players, developing them, and selling them for a big profit to try and make the club self-sustainable, but building a squad around loans will be of no financial benefit to BRFC. In 12 months time we'll be messing about with 14 contracted players again, like we are at the moment.

Burnley weren't £100m+ in debt and had some local businessman with the club's best interests at heart. We have people who are disinterested and appear oblivious to what is going on. The oblivious bit applies to some fans too.

Burnley weren't £100m+ in debt and had some local businessman with the club's best interests at heart. We have people who are disinterested and appear oblivious to what is going on. The oblivious bit applies to some fans too.

+100

I wonder if some of our fans have forgotten the last 5 years of mismanagement and destruction (of the club I love).

It's possible with them though they've got themselves in between a rock and a hard place if most or all of that 100 mill plus is borrowed against their assets over there. They just couldn't sell unless they wiped the debt themselves or lost what its secured against because no one will give enough for the club and the bank or whoever certainly wouldn't write it off.

Only way is pay it down then try and sell with reduced debt but even then it'll be nigh on impossible. They probably couldn't even take on a bid like Senacas because if they owe cash the bank would want it so their investment would be swallowed straight away and disappear into the hole. Also opening the books shows the real horror story.

Even if it was an exit strategy it'll be a very long slow and painful one but something happened last summer for sure. They've virtually disappeared they cut contact with their managers, they sent a guy over to liase with people here and all we've done since then is cut costs at ground level and sell players. Remember TC sold from under everyone including himself, cash was desperately needed somewhere.

Anyone looking in from the outside would say this strategy is one of urgently avoiding going bust whilst desperately trying to keep the business a going concern of some sort. Especially with the appointment of an accountant to run a football club. If we didn't have assets to sell we'd have gone in admin.

I don't know whether to thank Bowyer or curse him.......

It's possible with them though they've got themselves in between a rock and a hard place if most or all of that 100 mill plus is borrowed against their assets over there. They just couldn't sell unless they wiped the debt themselves or lost what its secured against because no one will give enough for the club and the bank or whoever certainly wouldn't write it off.

Only way is pay it down then try and sell with reduced debt but even then it'll be nigh on impossible. They probably couldn't even take on a bid like Senacas because if they owe cash the bank would want it so their investment would be swallowed straight away and disappear into the hole. Also opening the books shows the real horror story.

Even if it was an exit strategy it'll be a very long slow and painful one but something happened last summer for sure. They've virtually disappeared they cut contact with their managers, they sent a guy over to liase with people here and all we've done since then is cut costs at ground level and sell players. Remember TC sold from under everyone including himself, cash was desperately needed somewhere.

Anyone looking in from the outside would say this strategy is one of urgently avoiding going bust whilst desperately trying to keep the business a going concern of some sort. Especially with the appointment of an accountant to run a football club. If we didn't have assets to sell we'd have gone in admin.

I don't know whether to thank Bowyer or curse him.......

Bowyer deserves a great deal of praise for the job he did. Even now, 9 months after his departure, the club is relying on cashing in on his good work in the transfer market. Nigh on £30 million pocketed mainly due to Bowyer's signings and player development, and in Marshall, Duffy, Evans and possibly Conway, all Bowyer signings, remain the last few million they can obtain before the well runs dry.

It makes their decision to dispense with him even more baffling, because if there was one man who delivered what they appear to want - big profits on players - then he was doing it.

I don't believe that they will allow the club to go into admin, because of the shame it would bring to them and their family and also because they would have to relinquish control of the club and step back whilst an administrator took control and made decisions. Somehow I just cannot see Venkys ever allowing that to happen.

?

Oh, do shut up! You're like a gibbering fool going from one daydream to another

SENACE LIMITED
Company Type Private Limited Company Status Company Dissolved

If we didn't have these assets to cash we'd surely have gone under but it would have meant the end of them. If all these sales clear the external debt to the bank we know of then we roll on as we are under them for another year or two until the next crop is ready to do it all again or we face bust again.

It'll never end unless something forces it I don't think. If this conveyor belt of players stalls, and it will, then we'll see for real. We'll be in league 1 by then for sure anyway.

Worst thing of all is the agents or hidden partners are still coining it in, unless of course that is what it's all about B)

Archived