BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

24 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

How have Hardcastle, Tomlinsom, Doyle, Travis developped? Are they looking promising? Anyone we should keep an eye on?

Don't know this Travis lad but I'd say Tomlinson is just about marginally ahead of the others but all are too slow for premier league football.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JAL said:

Don't know this Travis lad but I'd say Tomlinson is just about marginally ahead of the others but all are too slow for premier league football.

Sorry to remind but LEAGUE ONE Blackburn Rovers we are now known as :unsure:

Just now, JAL said:

We are in League 1. Premier league is miles away..

This season aim is promotion

Just now, JAL said:

Who's the lads agent LR ?

Firstly I dont care 

Secondly go and look yourself for once. Not part of your agency then?

Just now, tomphil said:

Sorry to remind but LEAGUE ONE Blackburn Rovers we are now known as :unsure:

Yep

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly I dont care 

I'm not an agent 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly I dont care 

How can you aim for promotion without a settled team in place or players that have won anything  ? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mentally or physically? 

Mainly physical but speed of thought speed of movement is certainly where they would fall down but then is that down to coaching ? But you've got David Lowe with the first team now he couldn't do anything other than work on team shape. Dropping to the third tier of the English game probably gives them a better chance than in the second tier but I wouldn't hold my breath over the lads capabilities just look at Ryan Nyambe and his performances in the second tier.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

To share some information on the two. 

Keenu Marsh Brown is someone I followed a fair a bit when he was at Barnet as being a London based Rovers fans, if Rovers aren't playing around the area I either go and watch AFC Wimbledon which is my family team that they support, or Barnet as it isn't too far away. Lyle Taylor I am a big fan of having seen him develop there into a top top striker, Kenu Marsh Brown has explosive pace on the wing and has the ability to open up play and grab a few goals at the same time. Christian Doidge I have been told by my Forest Green fans that he is a great finisher. He has a good pretty goal scoring record across all the clubs he has been at and scored 23 goals last year. Wouldn't break the bank to sign him either would rather have him than the Elvis hater, IRA supporter Anthony Stokes 

dont bet on that - Forest Green are 'my local Rovers', 5 miles up the road in fact.  Run by Dale Vince, a savvy chairman who's made a fortune in renewable energy and is investing heavily in FGR,  is well connected and has a vision [oh for one of those] to move on up through the leagues - local press have him quoted as none of his stars are to be sold, having just gone from the National League to div 2 via the playoff, they're very keen to press on, new stadium in the offing and aiming high.   I don't think they would sell cheap!

I'd agree that BRFC would likely be a big draw for the likes of Doidge, but big element of risk - came from Dagenham to FGR with a bit of league 2 experience, looked ok in patches in the National League but blows hot and cold.  On the plus side, he was at the Southampton academy, they have a bit of an eye for a player - but on the minus side, was released by them to Bristol Rovers who in turn released him to some Mickey Mouse welsh league.  He may be a 'new' Jamie Vardy, [or he may not].

Just now, JAL said:

Yep

I'm not an agent 

How can you aim for promotion without a settled team in place or players that have won anything  ? 

Whittingham won promotion with Cardiff, Muglrew and Stokes won numerous cups in Scotland, Evans if i am not mistaken won promotion with Hull, Ward with Bournemouth promotion. So to say we need players we have plenty that have won things. 

• Backroom
Just now, roverstdt said:

Whittingham won promotion with Cardiff, Muglrew and Stokes won numerous cups in Scotland, Evans if i am not mistaken won promotion with Hull, Ward with Bournemouth promotion. So to say we need players we have plenty that have won things. 

Bennett, Graham, Conway have all won promotion from the Championship too.

Just now, Glosrover said:

dont bet on that - Forest Green are 'my local Rovers', 5 miles up the road in fact.  Run by Dale Vince, a savvy chairman who's made a fortune in renewable energy and is investing heavily in FGR,  is well connected and has a vision [oh for one of those] to move on up through the leagues - local press have him quoted as none of his stars are to be sold, having just gone from the National League to div 2 via the playoff, they're very keen to press on, new stadium in the offing and aiming high.   I don't think they would sell cheap!

I'd agree that BRFC would likely be a big draw for the likes of Doidge, but big element of risk - came from Dagenham to FGR with a bit of league 2 experience, looked ok in patches in the National League but blows hot and cold.  On the plus side, he was at the Southampton academy, they have a bit of an eye for a player - but on the minus side, was released by them to Bristol Rovers who in turn released him to some Mickey Mouse welsh league.  He may be a 'new' Jamie Vardy, [or he may not].

Thank for the insight Glosrover what is your opinion on Keenu Marsh Brown out of interest? 

5 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Other than Stokes, who doesn't seem to play are the others staying along with Mike E's group of players ?

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Dave Lee's son, or the 'hairy quinoa' as he likes to be known. Bloody poncey footballers.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Just hope Mulgrew and Lenihan stay contrary to reports.

I would say they are our two most important players,along with Bennett and Graham. Those 4 are good championship players. Be huge to keep them. 

You would think that after seeing what selling your two starting centre halves leads too, the club would be making holding onto them a priority. Given them a payrise if needs be. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say they are our two most important players,along with Bennett and Graham. Those 4 are good championship players. Be huge to keep them. 

You would think that after seeing what selling your two starting centre halves leads too, the club would be making holding onto them a priority. Given them a payrise if needs be. 

Bennett was anonymous for most of the season apart from the odd cracker. wouldn't call him a good championship player. Average maybe.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Bennett was anonymous for most of the season apart from the odd cracker. wouldn't call him a good championship player. Average maybe.

Load of @#/?, you're either clueless or you haven't seen him play.

4 hours ago, JAL said:

Yep

I'm not an agent 

Promotion is the target..both Mowbray and Whittingham have said so..

Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett, Ward, Evans, Stokes, Conway have promotion or won trophies in Scotland. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Need one or 2 pacy wingers, team is far to slow, would look at Mark Marshall, Sammy Ameobi, Lloyd Isgrove and Conor McAleny, all I think on frees.

Would like Mark Little at right back for free as Nyambe is not enough there.

Ive mention Little, Isgrove in the past. 

Marshall I think is 31..

Ameobi is off to Bolton..

I would look.at Harris from Cardiff. Just been release cos he couldnt agree new contract

If Mowbray gets what he claims he has been promised then promotion should be the expectation rather than the target.

If he is allowed to keep whoever he wants to keep and gets to add several players of Whittingham's calibre then the pressure should be on to deliver a top 2 spot.

If Venkys start playing silly beggars with the club and manager like they have done most summers they've owned it then we can forget about even aiming for promotion and concentrate on getting to 50 points asap.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

If Mowbray gets what he claims he has been promised then promotion should be the expectation rather than the target.

If he is allowed to keep whoever he wants to keep and gets to add several players of Whittingham's calibre then the pressure should be on to deliver a top 2 spot.

If Venkys start playing silly beggars with the club and manager like they have done most summers they've owned it then we can forget about even aiming for promotion and concentrate on getting to 50 points asap.

In that league thinking about getting over the safety line is a worrying prospect. I hope Whittingham is the first of many. Won't get too ahead of myself.

Archived