BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, had.e.nuff said:

He may have taken similar money to what Cardiff offered but a longer contract period and he`s going to play more games for us.

Very true, if what is reported that he was offered 1/3 of what he was on, that's about 8k. I wouldn't imagine we would be paying much more than that. That's still a years extra wage he didn't have on the table from Cardiff. Possibly a wage increase for final year if promoted to Championship as well.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

He was on £25 k pw at Cardiff before their reduced offer.

Their reduced offer was apprix £10 k pw

(from a cardiff mb)

Wow - i would have guessed we'd be around the £ 5k pw now

shows how little i know................

Just now, Earlydoors said:

Wow - i would have guessed we'd be around the £ 5k pw now

shows how little i know................

Cardiff's £10k pw was for a 1 year contract but warned he was not in anticipated starting 11.

At Rovers he's got 2 years, more or less a guaranteed start but I don't know the wage.

He wanted to keep playing and looks a fit beggar so could be a goodun for us.

I think we'd need an average of 4k per week. So the only way i see it is that we are going to have a small squad (which we know anyway) With a select few senior players and the rest from the academy to make up that average.

I also imagine this will be offset by Mulgrew going.

Based on somebody on these boards mentioning it before. Cannot remember who but it was claimed that we would need a squad averaging 4k per week to meet League 1 FFP rules. Not sure on the specifics of squad size etc.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Based on somebody on these boards mentioning it before. Cannot remember who but it was claimed that we would need a squad averaging 4k per week to meet League 1 FFP rules. Not sure on the specifics of squad size etc.

There are no League 1 FFP rules. Wages can be whatever, as long as the owners cover them. 

There are rules but they are easily circumvented 'IF' the owners put the money into the club as a 'gift' to cover the wages. Big IF for us.

Much like Sheff Utd were paying a substantial wage to Billy Sharp last year. Was done through gifts from the owners.

SCMP explained - credit to Bristol Rovers Supporters Club

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/2017/05/04/scmp-league-1-2/

Quotes "In League 1 and 2, wealthy owners can fund the club in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Owners can donate cash to the club and include that donation within the turnover total."

This is why Cheston at our Supporters meeting had the foresight to make a point of saying that we can't expect the owners to continue to fund the Club. Our wages will be restricted to turnover without owner cash input. Imo.

Edit: foresight is too complimentary. Informed crystal ball?

45 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You spend too much time on Twitter Chaddy...you speak in short sound bites on here.

What would you like me to say. 

We have made a good signing today..

Just now, JacknOry said:

We need a good squad to achieve promotion this coming season. 

As long as the owners give money as a gift, we can pay what we want..

Quality players cost money. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What would you like me to say. 

We have made a good signing today..

I dunno, some longer sentences, fewer linebreaks and perhaps (shock, horror) a paragraph or two.

We need a good squad to achieve promotion this coming season. 

Thanks, I would never have guessed.

As long as the owners give money as a gift, we can pay what we want..

Thanks for repeating what I already said.

Quality players cost money. 

Really? We're screwed then!

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Not overly excited but cautious, good player in his pomp but at 32/33 I don't think we should be signing players on 2 year deals. 

Not in the same league (literally), but Tugay came at 31 and gave us 7 years. Whittingham strikes me as a player who wants to play rather than shirk it.

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Dunno why they are fuming really unless its at their board/manager for not offering more than 1 year at a cut that would have put him on 1/3rd of what he was on before. The player obviously feels he deserves more than that after 10 years at the club, becoming a player favorite that is classed as a legend by many of their supporters. What I like is that he obviously wants a fresh challenge rather than plonking into another mid-table Championship team. he knows he will start here (well, there is no competition anyway lol).

The guy just loves to play...this aint about one last big payday like Murphy would have been.

I have my doubts, let's hope he proves me wrong.

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Not in the same league (literally), but Tugay came at 31 and gave us 7 years. Whittingham strikes me as a player who wants to play rather than shirk it.

I would say shirk like Danny Murphy did more just not able to 

Archived