SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He would have been better off staying here for a year playing regularly under a manager who fancies him, rather than going to forest. Stupid move. Silly boy. 

Not really, more money, higher level of players to train with and play against. Shot in the dark stab for a play off spot next year with Warburton.

Only Shaky ground is going to Forest with a new owner but he will be looking to spend whereas Venkys won't be. 

Good luck to the lad on 1.3 k now apparently was offered 1.8 k when he asked for 3.5 in January. That's what you get at Rovers, same with Marshall, Duffy and Hoillett. 

Mall of whom we could have offered terms much earlier too and they'd have signed or left earlier with Rovers beneficiary of a proper fee.

Cheston and Venkys only have themselves to blame. They never learn, always trying to cut corners.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Not really, more money, higher level of players to train with and play against. Shot in the dark stab for a play off spot next year with Warburton.

Only Shaky ground is going to Forest with a new owner but he will be looking to spend whereas Venkys won't be. 

Good luck to the lad on 1.3 k now apparently was offered 1.8 k when he asked for 3.5 in January. That's what you get at Rovers, same with Marshall, Duffy and Hoillett. 

Mall of whom we could have offered terms much earlier too and they'd have signed or left earlier with Rovers beneficiary of a proper fee.

Cheston and Venkys only have themselves to blame. They never learn, always trying to cut corners.

And you will still get some fans calling him greedy.

To think, the wages that this club has thrown at utter dross and we can't afford £3.5k per week to protect our investment.

Wonder how much we'll offer Whittingham.

Just now, Stuart said:

To think, the wages that this club has thrown at utter dross and we can't afford £3.5k per week to protect our investment.

Mahoney wanted 3.5 k a week in January after barely playing for the past 6 months from being on 1.3 k a weeks. So thats 170% increased in wages that wasnt warrented at the time. 

Just now, Stuart said:

What's greedy about it? 3k as a 45percent tax payer with 12 percent NI and possible pension on top... It's not allot is it so of course you will look for more money.

Young lad possibly new apartment or place to live in Manchester ain't cheap, his Mrs probably still studying, his wage just about covers that of a more middle class working family where both mum and dad work.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I'm gutted that Venkys have reduced us to letting our youth prospects leaving for championship clubs as a step up but it's to be expected under this total shower of an ownership. 

They'll have us sat in the middle of this division producing players for championship clubs you just watch. It's cheap, easy and low hassle whilst they continue to flow money through the club and the agent buddies get their % from player movement. 

Always on the cards.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mahoney wanted 3.5 k a week in January after barely playing for the past 6 months from being on 1.3 k a weeks. So thats 170% increased in wages that wasnt warrented at the time. 

Surely he was worth a contract to stay at that wage, you don't get much for that money these days.

Just now, tomphil said:

Surely he was worth a contract to stay at that wage, you don't get much for that money these days.

Under Mowbray yes 

But Mahoney has barely got a luck in under Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle. Wasnt loan out either. 

Mahoney's contract last summer should have been sorted then

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

If that's the truth re the wage offer and he would have been happy with £3.5k a week I retract my post above.

If Mowbray has been given assurances re money another £100k a year to keep Mahoney is a drop in the ocean and a good investment. It contradicts this supposed dream policy of breeding youngsters and selling at a big profit 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Case in point.

He had broken into the first team and allegedly wanted £3.5k to sign a new deal for, what, 3 years. It's called protecting an investment. If Forest sell him for £3m in 18 months then they will have made a tidy profit. As would Rovers.

Instead, we'll get a trivial amount and have to take a chance on someone else. We should have loaned him out but instead we blooded him. We are completely schizophrenic - we rate him, until it comes to paying the market rate.

Just now, david brent said:

If that's the truth re the wage offer and he would have been happy with £3.5k a week I retract my post above.

If Mowbray has been given assurances re money another £100k a year to keep Mahoney is a drop in the ocean and a good investment. It contradicts this supposed dream policy of breeding youngsters and selling at a big profit 

I heard that from two sources and someone with a link to Mahoney posted similar last month or so. That's what he requested in January February when rovers low balled him with the 1.8k offer.

Since then he's only played more games caught more eyes and been offered wages of 6/7k From reading Nixon and papers.

thing is he'd have happily signed for that 3k in January 

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

You are expecting a huge turnaround in a forest team who we bet near the end of the season and who would have went down had they not scored 3 against an Ipswich team on the beach. Play offs? Don't think so mate :)

It's a poor move by Mahoney. Purely for short term financial gain. 

Mowbray pretty much admitted Mahoney was leaving for the money he could get elsewhere. He also laid the blame at the feet of the agent in a roundabout way iirc. So, either Mahoney was made such a derisory offer to stay that he felt insulted or he really is just be after the best financial deal he possibly can get and will go wherever that takes him.

Or he could just want to play in the Championship and not get booted round League 1 for a living.

Nobody on here knows the real reason he's leaving, that's for certain.

• Backroom

Good luck to him, he would have been a real asset in league one but has been hit and miss here. Poorer the more he played, much more use as an impact sun.

Really is a player that would have benefitted from more playing time a couple of years back but I think with more time he will be decent enough.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are expecting a huge turnaround in a forest team who we bet near the end of the season and who would have went down had they not scored 3 against an Ipswich team on the beach. Play offs? Don't think so mate :)

To be fair look at Huddersfield and Reading after their previous seasons, Brighton only just stayed up in 14/15, Dingles before they went up first time with Dyche. Doesn't take too much to get from near the bottom to towards the top in the Championship.

Doesn't take much at all. Also throw in Fulham/Middlesbrough/Sheff Weds for rapid turnarounds under new managers backed with half decent funding and see what we could have been last season under Lambert (who did far better than Karanka/Jokanovic/Wagner in his first few months at the helm).

So whose next out the door? 

Mulgrew, Lenihan? 

And ill tell you what...i bet at least one of them goes before we get the green light to go for Whittingham who by then would have been snapped up by Bristol City. You heard it here first folks!

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So whose next out the door? 

Mulgrew, Lenihan? 

Mulgrew will definetly be offski, hope we would get 1.5m at least for him. 

Lenihan I think will stay. Back four of Nyambe Lenihan Ward Williams with Wharton and Doyle on the bench is what we are looking at. Decent for league 1 you would hope.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would be looking 500 k at worst.

I don't think he will be regular there and I expect him to be loan out by January.

I expect Mahoney to develop well under a decent manager at a Club that now has a plan going forward.

I also expect Mahoney to spend quite some time playing at a League level at least 1 above Rovers.

Whatever we get for him will be used to pay off the bean counters.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's a poor move by Mahoney. Purely for short term financial gain. 

He is a local lad and knows better than you or me that the Club is a pile of dung.

Offered a joke of a wage increase by known lunatic owners.

Mowbray is a good guy and he may be gone in a month too.

Good luck Conor. You did the right thing.

The LT rehash from the BBC telling us Mulgrew wants out of Rovers but don't worry Williams can play CB:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15342676.Mulgrew_unsure_of_his_Rovers_future_following_relegation/?ref=mac

Mulgrew: "Going down is hard to take"

Me: F.O. git

Meanwhile in other news TM remains 'hopeful'. TM still has a lot to learn about the Raos:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15343202.Rovers_boss_Mowbray_hopeful_to_bring_in_new_faces_soon/?ref=mac

Archived