BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Humble pie duly eaten.

Scotland put up a good performance and Gordon massively at fault for England's first.

Great free kicks!

What the hell is Dier doing playing for England. He looks asleep, drunk or on something. A donkey. Of course he plays for Spurs so auto shoein.

The rest tippy tappy and not very good at it.

Bit annoyed a few ducked out of crunchers in second half. Good game for an international to be fair. Only caught second half as I had a 2 year old with me striking the pub down after watching gangster granny at the theatre! Same Scotland though strachans favourites as opposed to the best team available.

2nd equaliser had the same technique of Teddy Sheringham, not sure people will remember just how good that goal was.

Dier by name that performance by nature he's a centre half for me, looks to stiff to play DM reminds me when BSA played Jones DM for his vision passing etc and to learn positionally if you get me?

Meanwhile Southampton allowing Jack Stephens to play CB makes the odd Titus Bramble but he's going to be a star as he's learning quickly as opposed to Eric Dier.

moyes could have signed him for 500k at everyone when he was on loan as a kid.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They are welcome to him, he's not very good. Kid needs to broaden his mind and develop mentally as well as a footballer and Ridgers at Celtic will do that.

Another player we could have offered terms for 12 months ago and he'd have signed like Hoilett Duffy or Marshall. We seem to be able to do it with Kean and Mowbray so it's perplexing in the extreme 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are close to signing Josh Harrop from Man Utd for 600k so not sure where that leaves us in the whole Mahoney saga.

Couple of posters on our forum, however, seem to think we're after Mulgrew.

Just now, north_ender said:

We are close to signing Josh Harrop from Man Utd for 600k so not sure where that leaves us in the whole Mahoney saga.

Mulgrew will want good wages and more than 8k a week. 

Hull and Boro after him. 

6 hours ago, north_ender said:

So you have been after Nyambe, Mahoney and now Mulgrew? I bet you don't get any of them.

8 hours ago, north_ender said:

:lol: Course they do

Are they the same 'couple of posters' who said you were after Nyambe and Mahoney too?

FYI Lenihan is quite good if you need a name for next time you visit.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Have we actually been linked with anyone?  Normally**, I'd have expected 2 or 3 through the door by now, given the size of the recruitment task this summer.

**pre venkys

Peter Whittingham only so far and that has all gone quiet now.

14 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

They are welcome to him, he's not very good.

Them's some bitter grapes.

Is it any wonder players have no affinity to Rovers when home grown talent are described like this.

Just now, Stuart said:

Is it any wonder players have no affinity to Rovers when home grown talent are described like this.

Couldn't be more ironic that you'd be offended he stooped so Lowe. :)

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm not bothered if he is home grown, or from Hong Kong. That goes for all players, you don't win kudos because your local or come through the academy, your either good enough or not. Sentiment isn't a skill.

Simple fact is both himself and Nyambe were not very good last last year in the first team. Obviously L1 is substantially weaker so potential is there to shine and grow accustomed to playing week in and week out.

No sour grapes at all, if i was Mahoney i'd have sacked of Rovers for who'd pay me the most money. I don't think he posses to much talent, more like a Blackburnain Keith Tracey and if i was him or any footballer i'd want to take as much £££ before i retire.

Let's be honest if you had a chance would you play for crackpot Rovers ahead of another team like Barnsley, celtic etc I wouldn't, i'd do what was best for myself.

24 minutes ago, Biz said:

Couldn't be more ironic that you'd be offended he stooped so Lowe. :)

I think there's a bit of a difference between a young lad with potential who is still developing, and an over-paid, over-promoted "captain" who is proven to be a failure after many, many opportunities. Hardly not been given a chance.

But, I know you wouldn't get that.

:)

24 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'm not bothered if he is home grown, or from Hong Kong. That goes for all players, you don't win kudos because your local or come through the academy, your either good enough or not. Sentiment isn't a skill.

Simple fact is both himself and Nyambe were not very good last last year in the first team. Obviously L1 is substantially weaker so potential is there to shine and grow accustomed to playing week in and week out.

No sour grapes at all, if i was Mahoney i'd have sacked of Rovers for who'd pay me the most money. I don't think he posses to much talent, more like a Blackburnain Keith Tracey and if i was him or any footballer i'd want to take as much £££ before i retire.

Let's be honest if you had a chance would you play for crackpot Rovers ahead of another team like Barnsley, celtic etc I wouldn't, i'd do what was best for myself.

I agree with the last paragraph.

But, again, for some reason (some) Rovers fans want to blame the youth - who had cameos - for our failure and ignore the fact that there were actually more senior players who were far more to blame. Bowyer made Lowe our longest serving player and Coyle used that to make him captain. With him as our fulcrum the football has been dire and our record abysmal.

But, no, let's all dump on Ryan and Connor, two of the brighter spots in an otherwise awful few years.

:wacko: 

Just now, Stuart said:

I agree with the last paragraph.

But, again, for some reason (some) Rovers fans want to blame the youth - who had cameos - for our failure and ignore the fact that there were actually more senior players who were far more to blame. Bowyer made Lowe our longest serving player and Coyle used that to make him captain. With him as our fulcrum the football has been dire and our record abysmal.

But, no, let's all dump on Ryan and Connor, two of the brighter spots in an otherwise awful few years.

:wacko: 

No fans are blaming them for not being good enough atm, any proper functioning club would have loaned them out last year and recalled them to play for the last few games of the season.

Because y'know other clubs invest in their playing squads and procure experienced players able to do a job from day one. 

I know I know this is crackpot Rovers.

I don't think anybody wants to see any potential youth leave.

Having a different opinion in his quality doesn't change that Stuart! 

Just like I think many would prefer to keep Lowe despite differing opinions on his ability.

Just now, Biz said:

I don't think anybody wants to see any potential youth leave.

Having a different opinion in his quality doesn't change that Stuart! 

Just like I think many would prefer to keep Lowe despite differing opinions on his ability.

The real irony, Joe, is that when we eventually reach Lowe's level we can't afford him. Which is even more ironic because it was an overpromotion and wages that we gave him - a monster of our own creation!

Even worse still, he is one of the key reasons for taking us to his level and then he leaves.

In fact, if you look up the word ironic in the dictionary, there'll be a picture of millionaire Jason Lowe grinning back at you.

IMG_2729.JPG

Just now, Stuart said:

The real irony, Joe, is that when we eventually reach Lowe's level we can't afford him. Which is even more ironic because it was an overpromotion and wages that we gave him - a monster of our own creation!

Even worse still, he is one of the key reasons for taking us to his level and then he leaves.

In fact, if you look up the word ironic in the dictionary, there'll be a picture of millionaire Jason Lowe grinning back at you.

IMG_2729.JPG

I do find it very strange you have such an axe to grind with Jason, I wonder if it would've been the same if you'd met him like Connor :) 

Archived