BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go on then... i'll be the first to call it absolute bullshit. Pete O'Rourke seems to have started the rumour on Twitter and he is probably the most inconsistent transfer reporter on the internet. He's absolutely dreadful, some of the rubbish i've seen him spout and then delete when he's ultimately wrong is incredible. Reus has signed for about 6 different clubs according to him - and he transferred Jordan Rhodes to a good 4 teams while he was with us. Combine that with 'Football League World' as a source and you may as well be pissing in the wind.

9 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

You'd think he would need to take a big pay cut to come to us

Would be a good signing for us as long it's not a 3 year deal. I would imagine that Evans is gone if Whittingham comes in. I asked nicko about it hasn't come back yet 

Cant see it - he will have offers from other championship clubs. Why would he go down a league, probably have to take a substantial wage cut as well. The only way I could see it if it was a loooong contract he wont get anywhere else at his age with the promise of a big increase in wages should we come back up.

Would be a good player for us though, good age and experience for L1 and knows where the goal is.

5 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

You'd think he would need to take a big pay cut to come to us

There is a story that he has been offered a new deal but on one third of his current one. At 33 we have to be careful over the length and terms of a contract offer to him. We have been stung too often in the past.

That said he can play and is something we don't have but I understand he is a sulky type when things aren't going his way.

As has been mentioned above the story in the Welsh press is he's out of Warnock's plans so has only been offered a cut price deal, given Cardiff won't necessarily be huge payers anyway, it's not beyond the realms of possibility we could get him on ok wages with a longer deal, accept the risk in that but he's not a player who has previous for acting like Stokes etc.  It also suggests one of his team mates has tweeted something about him leaving so seems certain, though obviously doesn't mean it's certain to us.

Heres what Cardiff fans are saying about it. http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185264

Lump on us to win L1 if he signs apparently.Then this:

"If true, sounds like a good move for Peter

Bossing a league with a stronger side around him for that level and enjoying his last few years playing regular and winning games

I don't want him to go
still think we could wrap a midfield around him - (but that may be unsustainable for the club at this time)"

What stronger side?

Just now, JacknOry said:

Heres what Cardiff fans are saying about it. http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=185264

Lump on us to win L1 if he signs apparently.Then this:

"If true, sounds like a good move for Peter

Bossing a league with a stronger side around him for that level and enjoying his last few years playing regular and winning games

I don't want him to go
still think we could wrap a midfield around him - (but that may be unsustainable for the club at this time)"

What stronger side?

It might help if he was actually going to have a side around him at all

I hope this happens and is the calibre and level of experience that we can add to the team. I also want Stokes to stay, him and Graham would be very good at this level (whether they play in the same side is another matter).  

Very difficult to not get excited by this despite how hard I am trying. At the same time though, if its going to happen it needs to happen very quickly (and that never happens here) as there are a few others interested.

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Believe it when I see it, but as others have said it would be beyond frustrating if they finally decide to back a manager when in the wasteland of League 1...

Oh come on. Is this what the complaint will be if we actually sign quality players? 

Archived