BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

I do find it very strange you have such an axe to grind with Jason, I wonder if it would've been the same if you'd met him like Connor :) 

Yeah, that must be it. Maybe if we'd all met Steve Kean we'd feel differently.

I told you you wouldn't get it. :)

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew will want good wages and more than 8k a week. 

Hull and Boro after him. 

Yeah our ceiling is apparently 10k and I'd be shocked if we signed him, just relaying what some people have said - http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103004-Centre-back&p=2430061&viewfull=1#post2430061

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Small correction

Yeah being able to afford those big wages worked out well for you last season didn't it? Money isn't everything and I fully expect us to be in the top half again next season, although of course we may need to shell out a bit more to make that top 6 jump but the owner never does it.

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The real irony, Joe, is that when we eventually reach Lowe's level we can't afford him. Which is even more ironic because it was an overpromotion and wages that we gave him - a monster of our own creation!

Even worse still, he is one of the key reasons for taking us to his level and then he leaves.

In fact, if you look up the word ironic in the dictionary, there'll be a picture of millionaire Jason Lowe grinning back at you.

IMG_2729.JPG

:lol: :wacko:

Is our fall into L1 Venky's fault? Nope.  Anderson? Nah  Maybe Coyle? No way. Who then? Jason Lowe. And people who are mean to Connor.

You should take this stuff on tour.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

:lol: :wacko:

Is our fall into L1 Venky's fault? Nope.  Anderson? Nah  Maybe Coyle? No way. Who then? Jason Lowe. And people who are mean to Connor.

You should take this stuff on tour.

I'll attempt to not respond in kind.

Venkys selected managers and approved players. Those managers and players were not good enough. One particular player has been an ever-present (hence 'key') throughout Venkys time here and epitomises their poor judgement.

He is also proven to be a @#/? footballer.

Mahoney has been a bit part player with flashes of quality who still has the potential to improve.

Which bit do you need me to explain in more detail?

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Tbf Lowe was sh1t. 

Opinions mate. Mine is my own, and funnily enough shared by every "manager" we've had since Allardyce that the lad has some useful elements. 

"Tbf Lowe was sh1t" sums up entirely why you and others will never be able to even discuss something without resorting to the basic "Neanderthal" style judgement system a few seem to revert to constantly.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Yeah, that must be it. Maybe if we'd all met Steve Kean we'd feel differently.

I told you you wouldn't get it. :)

I don't have your opinion. I've watched as many games as you and I've forged my own. I never met him or Connor, but I have my own judgements.

One thing is for sure. Replacing Lowe will be more difficult than replacing Connor, since he couldn't even get into the starting lineup in front of train track Feeney.

Just now, Biz said:

Opinions mate. Mine is my own, and funnily enough shared by every "manager" we've had since Allardyce that the lad has some useful elements. 

"Tbf Lowe was sh1t" sums up entirely why you and others will never be able to even discuss something without resorting to the basic "Neanderthal" style judgement system a few seem to revert to constantly.

"Neanderthal" I wouldn't go that far "Biz". I think your becoming a bit melodramatic if anything.

I don't think your opinion has been shared at all and to suggest as such leads me to think you suffer from delusions of grandeur, merely it's a case of we've had how many managers since BSA, 7? Bar Gary Bowyer how many have had an opportunity and transfer windows to significantly upgrade the squad or change it someway? I denote it was actually Steve Kean what gave his debut anyways.

He was rubbish, okay he had an engine,but the lad couldn't pass water. Nor could he accurately tackle well, how many goals scored for a box to box midfielder half the time? Couldn't shoot, Couldn't head a ball. A captain who couldn't lead. Guthrie when fit was twice the player.

He was nothing short of awful and a waste of wages we could ill afford.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

"Neanderthal" I wouldn't go that far "Biz". I think your becoming a bit melodramatic if anything.

I don't think your opinion has been shared at all and to suggest as such leads me to think you suffer from delusions of grandeur, merely it's a case of we've had how many managers since BSA, 7? Bar Gary Bowyer how many have had an opportunity and transfer windows to significantly upgrade the squad or change it someway? I denote it was actually Steve Kean what gave his debut anyways.

He was rubbish, okay he had an engine,but the lad couldn't pass water. Nor could he accurately tackle well, how many goals scored for a box to box midfielder half the time? Couldn't shoot, Couldn't head a ball. A captain who couldn't lead. 

He was nothing short of awful and a waste of wages we could ill afford.

Over paid? Yes. Over promoted to captain? Yes

Couldnt pass? Is this compared to Evans, Akpan et al? JL is a decent passer just not a creative one. If you look at his impact under TM, he was our main midfielder for breaking play up and giving the ball to Guthrie etc.

Ok he had an engine? That's not a minor pro- it's a massive thing. Energy and attitude are prerequisites of all footballers I admit, but you seldom get them! If we'd had others with a similar level of input, we'd hardly be in this position.

For example, Emnes. There is no doubt that Marvin is a better player but he went missing so often, you can't afford those sort of players in a scrap! 

The fact you even mention goals says it all. Lad was never going to be an attacking player, despite Kean the moron playing him on the wing. He had decent technique but not the mindset for that. 

His versatility (played 2/3 positions) will be missed if we cannot invest.

I implore you to show some scope, the very same thing that I feel separates opinions on players.

Just now, Biz said:

I don't have your opinion. I've watched as many games as you and I've forged my own. I never met him or Connor, but I have my own judgements.

One thing is for sure. Replacing Lowe will be more difficult than replacing Connor, since he couldn't even get into the starting lineup in front of train track Feeney.

Replacing Lowe wouldn't be difficult at all. What about that lad from Morecambe? Bit of a journeyman, granted, and not blessed with much pace, but he's strong, tall, imposing, an all-weather type and has good footwork to boot - and people would be more than happy to be on the bench with him in front of them.

IMG_2736.PNG

Just now, Stuart said:

Replacing Lowe wouldn't be difficult at all. What about that lad from Morecambe? Bit of a journeyman, granted, and not blessed with much pace, but he's strong, tall, imposing, an all-weather type and has good footwork to boot - and people would be more than happy to be on the bench with him in front of them.

IMG_2736.PNG

I think that would be a "wise" investment tbf 

3 hours ago, Biz said:

Over paid? Yes. Over promoted to captain? Yes

Couldnt pass? Is this compared to Evans, Akpan et al? JL is a decent passer just not a creative one. If you look at his impact under TM, he was our main midfielder for breaking play up and giving the ball to Guthrie etc.

Ok he had an engine? That's not a minor pro- it's a massive thing. Energy and attitude are prerequisites of all footballers I admit, but you seldom get them! If we'd had others with a similar level of input, we'd hardly be in this position.

For example, Emnes. There is no doubt that Marvin is a better player but he went missing so often, you can't afford those sort of players in a scrap! 

The fact you even mention goals says it all. Lad was never going to be an attacking player, despite Kean the moron playing him on the wing. He had decent technique but not the mindset for that. 

His versatility (played 2/3 positions) will be missed if we cannot invest.

I implore you to show some scope, the very same thing that I feel separates opinions on players.

Absolutely disagree as ever on Lowe Biz.

He didn't get in people's faces and break up play. He didn't 'win the ball back and give it to others'. 

His passing was poor. Not just creative passing but simple balls to his teammates were often under hit or off target making the receiving player work to receive the ball. Evans and Guthrie could clearly pass better and they aren't exactly,Tugay.

As for decent technique, come on. His touch was poor as was his control. Was it Bristol City away we conceded because he couldn't  trap a hoofed clearance once?

Plenty of goals we conceded featured J Lo either switching off or not closing down.

He has been an ever present in our decline when anybody else with a molecule of skill or value has left. Let's see where he ends up but I bet he doesn't play 30+ games for a Championship side ever again. Good riddance. 

Just now, Hasta said:

He didn't get in people's faces and break up play. He didn't 'win the ball back and give it too others'. 

His passing was poor. Not creative passing, just simple balls to his teammates were often under hit or off target making the receiving player work to receive the ball. Evans and Guthrie could clearly pass better and they aren't exactly,Tugay.

As for decent technique, come on. His touch was poor as was his control. Was it Bristol City away we conceded because he could trap a hoofed clearance once.

Plenty of goals we conceded featured J Lo either switching off or not closing down.

He has been an ever present in our decline when anybody else with a molecule of skill or value has left. Let's see where he ends up but I bet he doesn't play 30+ games for a Championship side ever again. Good riddance. 

Bang on.

Just now, Hasta said:

He didn't get in people's faces and break up play. He didn't 'win the ball back and give it too others'. 

His passing was poor. Not creative passing, just simple balls to his teammates were often under hit or off target making the receiving player work to receive the ball. Evans and Guthrie could clearly pass better and they aren't exactly,Tugay.

As for decent technique, come on. His touch was poor as was his control. Was it Bristol City away we conceded because he could trap a hoofed clearance once.

Abso....bloody.... lutely !

Jason Lowe continually shows that he's simply no good at his job.

3 hours ago, north_ender said:

Yeah our ceiling is apparently 10k and I'd be shocked if we signed him, just relaying what some people have said - http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103004-Centre-back&p=2430061&viewfull=1#post2430061

Yeah being able to afford those big wages worked out well for you last season didn't it? Money isn't everything and I fully expect us to be in the top half again next season, although of course we may need to shell out a bit more to make that top 6 jump but the owner never does it.

Your owner is wise. Know your place.;)

You can take as many of our lot as you can stick in the back of a taxi.

Stay up so we can see you at your place in 2018-19:brfc:

7 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Has Lowe been snapped up yet?

Liverpool and Arsenal set to battle it out I've heard. Stalling point is his agents insistence that he starts every single game even if he ends up with one leg.

On 6/10/2017 at 02:36, roverstdt said:

I don't understand why we need so many players. For me we need to get Tomlinson Connor Thomson jack Doyle Scott Wharton around the first team. 

On the other side of things we need to sell Steele, Stokes.

which means we are left with 

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ward, Mulgrew, Wharton, Doyle, Williams, Tomlinson, evans, Bennett, Conway, Feeney, Graham, Fisher. For me we need 2 strikers  2 wingers, creative mid right back ball winning mid

That's the squad I'd go with....to Stanley in 12 month from now

4 hours ago, Biz said:

He was shiit though

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Your owner is wise. Know your place.;)

You can take as many of our lot as you can stick in the back of a taxi.

Stay up so we can see you at your place in 2018-19:brfc:

I think it is time you rovers fans started to know your place  jack walker is a once in a lifetime chairman. Over 100 million in dept & rising and still demanding more money & big signings to be made. Your wage bill Will still be mid championship size next season. You were always a small time club with a exceptional chairman. Impossible to ever replace.    Unless get that we are.a big club altitude from your fans you will never recover.

Ha! 

Nothing small time about our recent or ancient history. All this 'small time' stuff just shows the inadequacy of our neighbours. I suppose if you are still banging on about one player that retired 50+ years ago it's no surprise...

Mods, do your stuff...

10 minutes ago, Bowlandforest said:

I think it is time you rovers fans started to know your place  jack walker is a once in a lifetime chairman. Over 100 million in dept & rising and still demanding more money & big signings to be made. Your wage bill Will still be mid championship size next season. You were always a small time club with a exceptional chairman. Impossible to ever replace.    Unless get that we are.a big club altitude from your fans you will never recover.

Look over the other side of Pendle hill if you want to see something that is, always was and always will be the very definition of small time. Still freezing In our shadow despite being 2 divisions above your living beyond your means now and it wont last.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 02:36, roverstdt said:

I don't understand why we need so many players. For me we need to get Tomlinson Connor Thomson jack Doyle Scott Wharton around the first team. 

On the other side of things we need to sell Steele, Stokes.

which means we are left with 

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ward, Mulgrew, Wharton, Doyle, Williams, Tomlinson, evans, Bennett, Conway, Feeney, Graham, Fisher. For me we need 2 strikers  2 wingers, creative mid right back ball winning mid

What your advocating is basically promote half the youth team overnight into the first team squad which was always on the cards because it's the cheapo easy option. It's naïve very naïve to do that and expect to prosper in this league without complimenting it with some experienced and physically mature players being brought in as well.

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ha! 

Nothing small time about our recent or ancient history. All this 'small time' stuff just shows the inadequacy of our neighbours. I suppose if you are still banging on about one player that retired 50+ years ago it's no surprise...

Mods, do your stuff...

Know one likes the truth.

Archived