BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Sign all the best players available to us right now bays the rovers message board mob!!! 

But the window isn't open and we can only sign out of contract players. Is it not better to get the right signings? 

We don't care, sign them all anyway!!! 

All sound pretty sensible from Mowbray. Pity he isn't planning for the championship 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sign all the best players available to us right now bays the rovers message board mob!!! 

But the window isn't open and we can only sign out of contract players. Is it not better to get the right signings? 

All sound pretty sensible from Mowbray. Pity he isn't planning for the championship 

I don't think they are saying that at all, to be fair! Can you honestly blame people for being concerned about Venky's, given what has happened under their ownership?  :unsure:

I don't think any of the comments about us needing to act quickly and get on with our business ahead of pre-season are unreasonable at all, they're just simple common sense and what all other clubs in our division will be doing!

Is any other club in this division currently on course to have 13 outfield players under contract on July 1st? Blackpool maybe?

Is any other club under such extreme pressure to get promoted next season, knowing a failure to do so could have catastrophic implications on the very infrastructure of the club?

That's why the panic/urgency/alarm. We've got more work to do than anyone else and unlike most simply have to be getting promoted next season.

We aren't a Northampton with a settled squad of players happy to steadily improve and cart along in mid-table. We need to be going up. No ifs and no buts.

Alongside that critical shortage of players and huge expectation for next season we've got without doubt the most disgraceful, unprofessional and unfit owners ever seen in English football, who have proven themselves over 6 years to be liars.

You can agree all aspects of a deal beforehand, ready to go through when the window opens. See Bernardo Silva's arranged transfer to Manchester City as a more recent example.

Maybe we are doing this.

In Mowbray we trust! 

Maybe Mowbray is doing it. If he isn't then he shouldn't be our manager.

Trouble is that he can have all his players lined up in a row ready and waiting to sign with all the legwork done, but unless the cretins in India give it the nod its a waste of time.

Just now, JHRover said:

Maybe Mowbray is doing it. If he isn't then he shouldn't be our manager.

Trouble is that he can have all his players lined up in a row ready and waiting to sign with all the legwork done, but unless the cretins in India give it the nod its a waste of time.

Well he will walk if not. Fingers crossed it isn't the case

Sorry guys if I'm being a bit thick here, but can anybody explain the following article:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10862752/when-does-the-transfer-window-open

It says that the transfer window opens on June 9th for English clubs, yet all other articles I've read say 1st July?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Sorry guys if I'm being a bit thick here, but can anybody explain the following article:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10862752/when-does-the-transfer-window-open

It says that the transfer window opens on June 9th for English clubs, yet all other articles I've read say 1st July?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously.

Cheers

Domestic window opens 9th June. International opens 1st July

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

We have to sell before we can buy.

We can't sell until the window opens on 1st July.

Stop wasting your fingers excitedly typing in this thread. You will never get that month back folks.

You don't know that for sure. Venkys have thrown managers and money into the mix on odd occasions. The word on here (as has been for the last 6 years) was certain and impending administration...then they put £6m in the pot and everyone has gone quiet about that. I've given up making predictions about what they'll do next. If they are to invest in the squad then a few 250k league 1 players mixed with some loans and out of contract players is about right for them to pat themselves on the back about though.  Only time will tell I suppose.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Bury have signed about 6 already. So it can be done. I'm not at the panic stations stage yet with regards to our transfer business but if we follow the usual path of doing nothing until August then we won't be going up this season.

Bury have signed their 6th player today

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Is any other club in this division currently on course to have 13 outfield players under contract on July 1st? Blackpool maybe?

Is any other club under such extreme pressure to get promoted next season, knowing a failure to do so could have catastrophic implications on the very infrastructure of the club?

That's why the panic/urgency/alarm. We've got more work to do than anyone else and unlike most simply have to be getting promoted next season.

We aren't a Northampton with a settled squad of players happy to steadily improve and cart along in mid-table. We need to be going up. No ifs and no buts.

Alongside that critical shortage of players and huge expectation for next season we've got without doubt the most disgraceful, unprofessional and unfit owners ever seen in English football, who have proven themselves over 6 years to be liars.

we need about 10 signings, But with Mowbray on holiday until next week, I'm sure he will be receiving phone calls from Agents.

But I'm sure we will start the recruitment process next week when he returned and possible coaching staff changes. But we need a clear plan and not the mess we had last summer

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

We have to sell before we can buy.

We can't sell until the window opens on 1st July.

Stop wasting your fingers excitedly typing in this thread. You will never get that month back folks.

You don't have a clue what going on.

Players can be sold and signed now. But cant be official signed until the 9th Jone

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

At no point in that article does Mowbray say money will be spent.

"Mowbray has revealed that money will be made available for transfers by the club’s owners, despite the only outlay last season being the £250,000 spent on player of the season Derrick Williams. "

Just now, Pedro said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/these-3-summer-signings-will-make-blackburn-rovers-title-contenders-next-season/

I would like to sign James Vaughan from the 3 players suggested by the link above

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bury have signed their 6th player today

we need about 10 signings, But with Mowbray on holiday until next week, I'm sure he will be receiving phone calls from Agents.

But I'm sure we will start the recruitment process next week when he returned and possible coaching staff changes. But we need a clear plan and not the mess we had last summer

You don't have a clue what going on.

Players can be sold and signed now. But cant be official signed until the 9th Jone

"Mowbray has revealed that money will be made available for transfers by the club’s owners, despite the only outlay last season being the £250,000 spent on player of the season Derrick Williams. "

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/these-3-summer-signings-will-make-blackburn-rovers-title-contenders-next-season/

I would like to sign James Vaughan from the 3 players suggested by the link above

Vaughan is a good player but even Bury are bigger then us now. They have signed 6 very good players already for the start of next season unlike Rovers. Mowbray will be off come August when Venkys go back on there word. They won't spend a penny on a player.

11 minutes ago, gazsimm said:

Vaughan is a good player but even Bury are bigger then us now. They have signed 6 very good players already for the start of next season unlike Rovers. Mowbray will be off come August when Venkys go back on there word. They won't spend a penny on a player.

What?? Bury are bigger than us because they have signed 6 players already??

Who have they signed? 

Tomlinson, Doyle, Wharton and Rankin Costello could all be pretty useful next year and will benefit from first team games. The u23s played a lot against this level last year and Wharton was on loan at this level I think.

Thats the kind of advantage you need when you're in this division. The key will be adding some experience and vigour around the young lads.

1 hour ago, gazsimm said:

Bury bigger than us? Haha

Vaughan is a good player..

6 good players? Dawson very decent. Beckford? Could be good or could be poor. 

Who else have they signed? 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bury bigger than us? Haha

Vaughan is a good player..

6 good players? Dawson very decent. Beckford? Could be good or could be poor. 

Who else have they signed? 

That is a high risk laugh and premature.

Best to wait and see if the Raos provide cash for cash purchases.

That is not the same as paying wages on frees and loans from funds released from outgoings.

I am reading TM as being promised cold hard cash and I do not expect the Raos to fullfill their part of the 'assurances'

I agree with you about Vaughan. The other 2 mentioned look useful but that article is my only knowledge of them.

• Moderation Lead

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15324199.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_looking_to_make_permanent_signings_this_summer/

Still talk of  using loans, but there is hope of permanent signings! It's impossible to plan long term when overly reliant on loanees, but as ever with Venky's, actions speak louder than words.

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What?? Bury are bigger than us because they have signed 6 players already??

Who have they signed? 

Bury have signed some very good players who will do very well in league 1, like Beckford & Dawson. Blackburn Rovers should be a bigger club then Bury with the facilities we have got, but with our clueless owners even Bury might take over us!!

Archived