SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

He won't be in the game long if his employers find out about the racist bile he's been spewing about Nyambe...

Noting I've read remotely suggests Jal is racist. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Except he's not is he... He's not castrating someone for there colour etc

At the time, I read it as he didn't rate him and send him back to the reserves - I still believe that's what he meant. I don't know JAL but certainly  believe he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  

10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Yeah, talking about sending back a lad that came here as a child. Would he be saying it if he was white? I doubt it. Racist or not, it is still completely inappropriate for someone supposedly working in the game to be saying.

It was back to the academy for clarification away from the first team because he aint good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers.

9 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Brighton want Steele as their no2

once the window opens there is gonna be a firesale of the first team squad

Steele shouldn't be anywhere near the top two divisions in this country if he does play there and performs to a higher standard than hes done here then the quality of coaching at Rovers should come under sharp focus. 

Dunn and Lowe aren't good enough imo as both have proved incapable so far.

Just now, JAL said:

It was back to the academy for clarification away from the first team because he aint good enough to play for Blackburn Rovers.

You don't need to defend yourself, JAL. The grown ups on the board knew that was exactly what you said and what you meant.

For the record, I actually disagree with you about Nyambe. He should probably play further forward though.

40 minutes ago, JAL said:

Steele shouldn't be anywhere near the top two divisions in this country if he does play there and performs to a higher standard than hes done here then the quality of coaching at Rovers should come under sharp focus. 

Dunn and Lowe aren't good enough imo as both have proved incapable so far.

Shhh, big him up if you think he is a clown. Then Brighton may buy him if we all sound worried. Who knows who may read these sort of boards.

10 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Brighton want Steele as their no2

once the window opens there is gonna be a firesale of the first team squad

No link on any football website on this Steele to Brighton bearing in mind that they don't even have a number 1 yet

Firesale of the first team squad? isn't what Mowbray is saying. says he has full control of in and outs

10 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

TM quoted in LET he and only he will decide who goes stays comes in, of course the majority on here wont believe a word will they. RTID

If Mowbray has gone public on this suggested he got the assurances and confirmation of what issues he wanted

At most football clubs " assurances " given by the owners can only be relied on to a certain extent.  Unfortunately at our club any " assurances " can't be relied upon at all. In fact my way of evaluating the likelihood of what the chokers say being correct is to expect them to do the opposite of what they say.  9 times out of 10 it works.

The owners will not back Mowbray out of their own pocket.

They recently put 6 million in just to keep the stern afloat.

If TM shifts a body or 2 then he may get money for the wages of freebies. Loans depends on the deal meaning the parent club will have to cover most.

Or he may not.

I do not care what the loons in Pune told TM they will let him down.

Mowbray's quote :

“Now I have had those conversations, we will hopefully be able to recruit well and be strong and the supporters during the next two months of the transfer window will be able to see our intent.”

The next two months will tell us everything. A potential rebirth or the final nail.  You can't blame us for being cynical. We've seen and heard it all before but every once in a while, Venkys suddenly buy someone or employ a proper manager. 

Coyle only got hold of Gallagher and Emnes when the deadline was fast approaching and Southampton/Swansea were increasingly desperate to get shut. Southampton wanted someone to take Gallagher for the season to get him games and Swansea wanted Emnes gone for the last 12 months of his deal rather than sit around down there doing nothing. It was only when both of those clubs agreed to massively subsidise their wages that Venkys agreed to pay a small contribution to bring them here from the multi millions out of the Hanley and Duffy sales. If they had been here from the start of the summer there's a chance things would have been much different in that horrific first month of the season when we picked up about 1 point from 21.

Mowbray is putting all on the owners now with reference to his 3 convo's every two mins, quite rightly. They better step up as it's all being set up for him to exit if they don't he's covered his own backside.

I won't hold my breath but even so its refreshing to see him wanting to rebuild midfield however he can as lets face it the same crap trotted out in there for years has played its part in our downfall. It was the weakest in the championship imo.

Just now, tomphil said:

Mowbray is putting all on the owners now with reference to his 3 convo's every two mins, quite rightly. They better step up as it's all being set up for him to exit if they don't he's covered his own backside.

I won't hold my breath but even so its refreshing to see him wanting to rebuild midfield however he can as lets face it the same crap trotted out in there for years has played its part in our downfall. It was the weakest in the championship imo.

in addition, to sell both your centre-backs pre-season and not adequately replace either was suicide.

I just can't work out what favour Coyle owed Wes Brown to bring about one of the most dubious signings even in Rovers recent years.

Yes the excuse was cover at CB but we had enough and Brown was a known crock nevermind his limitations due to age and complete lack of pace.

The excuse that he was used as a trainee coach was boderline pathetic.

Coyle worked us over big time with Brown and Stokes.

• Backroom

If we haven't made a decent signing by August then it can be safely assumed it's business as usual as far as Venky's and Rovers are concerned. We always seem to make our signings just before or after the season has begun. This is obviously bad practice as it means players are still trying to bed in whilst the season is already underway. You can justify a signing or two in August, but when the bulk of your signings come after July there is a problem. 

BBC News football gossip section suggests Wes Brown is off to Crewe. Fair play to him - he know's his days are behind him, and rather than retire and enjoy his wealth, he'd rather keep playing. I really respect that, for someone who will have previously earned a stonking wage in the United days, to be paid what I assume to be peanuts in League 2?

Archived