BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully we can make a deal sooner rather than later on Dack. It sounds ,from that report t least, that we aren't miles apart on the fee. 

When you're talking £200k that shouldn't really even be an issue for us but due to Venky's, we probably won't sign him because of the £200k.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just Dack, we've made a big for Ben Gladwin a midfielder from QPR and are also in talks to sign Chris Burke on a free (used to play for Birmingham)

I get people wanting deals done quickly, but in the same respect we have to trust Mowbray & Venus to do the best they can.  I'm guessing, bit by no means certain, that Mowbray will have agreed a certain budget.  Whatever that is, him paying over the odds for one player, is the difference potentially in him bringing in another player.  Dack sounds like he'd be a great signing but gone are the days when we can write blank cheques, or name your figure.  It's rare, and often unnecessary in this league for a club to splash much cash given the amount of free & out of contact players available, that can be topped up with a couple of decent loans. 

I fully appreciate that I am getting well ahead of myself here obviously, but surely the midfield and attack below could cause problems in league one:

Smallwood    Whittingham

Burke                Dack                Conway

Graham

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

I get people wanting deals done quickly, but in the same respect we have to trust Mowbray & Venus to do the best they can.  I'm guessing, bit by no means certain, that Mowbray will have agreed a certain budget.  Whatever that is, him paying over the odds for one player, is the difference potentially in him bringing in another player.  Dack sounds like he'd be a great signing but gone are the days when we can write blank cheques, or name your figure.  It's rare, and often unnecessary in this league for a club to splash much cash given the amount of free & out of contact players available, that can be topped up with a couple of decent loans. 

I've a suspicion TM will look to the loan market for a young fast striker and maybe a winger too.

I see Chris Burke mentioned above. He was ok but 33 now and has hardly had a game for a couple of years. On a free so just a squad filler?

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I've a suspicion TM will look to the loan market for a young fast striker and maybe a winger too.

I see Chris Burke mentioned above. He was ok but 33 now and has hardly had a game for a couple of years. On a free so just a squad filler?

He only managed to make 6 appearances for Ross County last season (according to wiki)

Just now, JacknOry said:

Wasnt Dack involved in some kind of rape accusation or something? I remember hearing his name.

Seems like it's not a great story for Dack. Typical footballers mentally where they enjoy doing weird (and illegal!) things.

I'll let you google it but Dack wasn't accused of rape but his part in it isn't much better.

EDIT: Saying that, the other bloke was acquitted. Still WTF Dack was doing is still weird.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Seems like it's not a great story for Dack. Typical footballers mentally where they enjoy doing weird (and illegal!) things.

I'll let you google it but Dack wasn't accused of rape but his part in it isn't much better.

Oh Dear! Not good.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Sky Sports think....

BLACKBURN IN TALKS TO SIGN DACK

Blackburn are in talks with Gillingham to sign midfielder Bradley Dack but Sky Sports News HQ understands the Gills are playing hardball over the transfer fee.

The Kent club are asking for a payment of £600k up-front plus add-ons potentially rising to £1.2m for the 23-year-old, who only has one year remaining on his contract. Blackburn are not willing to pay more than £400k as an initial fee and are willing to negotiate add-ons, but talks have hit a standstill at this stage.

Dack was of interest to a number of bigger clubs last summer including Brighton and reportedly Crystal Palace, but a move never materialised.

I worry when they put details like that out when most transfer stuff is cloak and dagger it just screams of agents advertising their player and saying come and get him quick because Blackburn aren't serious.

Just now, tomphil said:

I worry when they put details like that out when most transfer stuff is cloak and dagger it just screams of agents advertising their player and saying come and get him quick because Blackburn aren't serious.

Ah information on transfers usually comes out before a deal is done. It's the same with all clubs. Can't be helped unfortunately 

"Dack was of interest to a number of bigger clubs last summer including Brighton and reportedly Crystal Palace, but a move never materialised."

That part in particular seems designed to have a few Champs teams to come and have a look.

Archived