BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, JacknOry said:

Ever-present for Northern Ireland though.

Poor lad needs a break from the Ewood and Brockhall medical rooms. You can only have a limited number of massages or turn to jelly.

I think he likes the colour green more than blue and white.

Still if he is fit he should be competent enough in L1 or attract a buyer.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DanielMB said:

2 year contract? Thats not much is it? Hopefully it is with an option for a further year if we go up.

Yeah - lacks logic again. Dack is till pretty young and can improve. I would have put him on 3 years at League One rates. Anyway, if true he has signed, I would suggest its our best signing so far overall due to his age and potential to get better. Just lock up your daughters.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Looks like Dack is pretty much done on a two year contract. League 1 player of the year 1 season ago and only 23. Great signing. 3 great bits of business so far. Looking forward to next season. 

Where have you got this Chaddy-esq inside knowledge from?

Mulgrew debate is interesting. At the time we signed him Imo it was a poor call given his injury record and a 3 year deal. All squads can take a risk with an injury prone player but given our squad was small and filled with cms who were crocks it was another needless risk Imo.

Having said all that his performances when he played were excellent, going some way to evening things out and being a decent signing.

Next season I'm really not sure about keeping him if we were a normal club. He's on a big wage and will miss half the season, so the resources could be better spent Imo. However we're not a normal club, money flows only one way - out - and so lets keep the quality he has got. As others have stated his set pieces and experience will be invaluable in this league - and I'd add to that his versatility, with what will still be a small squad.

IF TM was guaranteed the funds and wages from his sale though it'd be a much harder decision.

As for Evans - waste of space Imo. Would play only a fraction of the games Mulgrew would play and isn't very good to boot. Imo Jason Lowe mk 2 with better technique and a worse engine. The lad may be tidy but doesn't really contribute to the attack or defence. I imagine he could do a bit better in league 1 but not at the level of his wages. And that's assuming he can get fit enough to be on the pitch. Not sure anyone will take him off our hands though.

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah - lacks logic again. Dack is till pretty young and can improve. I would have put him on 3 years at League One rates. Anyway, if true he has signed, I would suggest its our best signing so far overall due to his age and potential to get better. Just lock up your daughters.

Think my girls have more sense especially the one who has met loads of footballers

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Thought that was bad Chaddy's new nickname for a second.

If so 'Chadass' sounds better. As in, don't mess with him, he's a Chadass Mother keaner.

Watch out, we got a chadass over here!

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15368187.Tony_Mowbray_reveals____no_serious_interest____in_Blackburn_Rovers____under_contract_players/

Don't think anyone has linked this link yet, but in the link it describes what it says in the link, so there's no need to repeat it like a parrot.

Anyway, forget crock Mulgrew, the best news in that article is Lenihan is possibly staying. He'll be a colossus in League 1.

Tend to agree with you on Mulgrew.

Lenihan is a shocker though but hopefully will be ok and grow at this level 

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

2 year contract? Thats not much is it? Hopefully it is with an option for a further year if we go up.

It's more than I expected this summer. I thought it would be loans and 1 year free agents.

Still don't understand why suddenly the interest and - dare I say it - something that resembles a sensible plan. 

Surely TM is not the only person who's had sense at the club in the last 5 years.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/june/mowbray-relishing-evans-return/

ACHTUNG************THIS^ LINK SAY MOWBRAY IS RELISHING EVANS RETURN************ACHTUNG :)

If Mowbray is true to his word and no-one else leaves then the likes of Mulgrew, Smallwood, Evans, Whittingham, Lenihan, & Bennett make up a very good midfield for League 1.

Mulgrew and Lenihan are centre backs for me

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Is Dack at Ewood?

People on twitter say Deal is dome

Link?

Twiiter account called Transfer cetrie

BREAKING NEWS: Bradley Dack has reportedly signed for Blackburn Rovers on a two-year deal. More to follow. https://t.co/oZNqlcWszL

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

Hopefully its 2 year contract with option of 1 more year. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

People on twitter say Deal is dome

Twiiter account called Transfer cetrie

BREAKING NEWS: Bradley Dack has reportedly signed for Blackburn Rovers on a two-year deal. More to follow. https://t.co/oZNqlcWszL

Hopefully its 2 year contract with option of 1 more year. 

28 followers and called Transfer cetrie?

I know you are excited to post all these links but please check them first.

Lenihan played all of his season at Burton as a central midfielder under JFH. He can play in both positions. As can Mulgrew. Hence they form part of a very good squad of players who can operate comfortably in midfield. Where you see them playing is irrelevant to the point I was making.

How often did you see Lenihan last season? 

He was my player of the season last season

He's never a centre half as long as I have a hole in my bottom.

gets stuck to easily under the ball, marking is abysmal, his reading and positioning is terrible, okay in the tackle but move him further up the field.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

From the same twitter feed:-

Transfer Cetrle EFL @TransferLiveEFL 18h18 hours ago

Many clubs including Wigan, Blackburn and Nottingham Forrest are interested in signing Wolves winger Jordan Graham. @Rovers @NFFC @Latics

Seems legit. I mean, who doesn't spell centre as 'cetrle':)

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

From the same twitter feed:-

Transfer Cetrle EFL @TransferLiveEFL 18h18 hours ago

Many clubs including Wigan, Blackburn and Nottingham Forrest are interested in signing Wolves winger Jordan Graham. @Rovers @NFFC @Latics

Seems legit. I mean, who doesn't spell centre as 'cetrle':)

One game in April this year after 15 months out injured.

Sounds about right.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I only posted where the news came from.

where did I say it was true or whether I believe it?

Lenihan played all of his season at Burton as a central midfielder under JFH. He can play in both positions. As can Mulgrew. Hence they form part of a very good squad of players who can operate comfortably in midfield. Where you see them playing is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Under Mowbray they both played at the back not in midfield.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

He's never a centre half as long as I have a hole in my bottom.

gets stuck to easily under the ball, marking is abysmal, his reading and positioning is terrible, okay in the tackle but move him further up the field.

Looks much better under Mowbray and since turn of the year He has performed much better. I wouldn't play in centre midfield as we have 3 centre midfielders ahead of him.

I see him as centre half. his positioning looks much better now under Mowbray and can tackle and head.

Tbh I knew of Whittingham and familar with T.Watt but rest are totally new to me and all I know is from here, Youtube and Google.

It's like shopping in a cheap market and checking where stuff was made. Even then you don't know for sure. Caveat Emptor.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Getting tony watt back would be awesome always liked the guy

Talent off the radar but can't keep away from booze, attitude stinks and doesn't have any dedication to make the most of his talent

Archived