BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

One thing I like about Bostock is he had ability and potential when younger, in rovers sides gone by previously these were the sort of players in our market. Like a Bentley type but obviously a Lower scale.

Bolton mate asked me what did I think of Jason Lowe, he's heard they are looking at him. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Looks like Leon Best may have found a level suited to his amazing football skills ??

IMG_1956.PNG

He does have talent, you don't score goals in the prem if you don't or do well at Rotherham under warnock if you don't. Problem is his attitude is @#/? appalling and I think the knee injury he had here against aek Athens after he'd signed in a friendly took the shine of him.

Rumor was at the time he @#/? on the training pitch? 

• Backroom

You know even though Best has a shocking attitude he had some decent attributes and is probably cheap now with Rovers subsidising his life.

We've had worse strikers in recent times 

Just now, Tom said:

You know even though Best has a shocking attitude he had some decent attributes and is probably cheap now with Rovers subsidising his life.

We've had worse strikers in recent times 

Mm, I'm not so sure about that. The first time I saw him play in the flesh I couldn't believe what I was seeing. His first touch was a pass. That was when he could actually be bothered to show for the ball.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

He broke the story about Whittingham even though he has a link to hitc which is usually rubbish. Seems very reliable 

A mate sent me a screen shot of the tweet he did about Whittingham coming here. 

Said he is normally pretty spot on with his transfers.

Looks like Dack will be announced in the next day or two. Cracking signings, adds much needed flair into the side. Hopefully we can add Bostock too and a pacy winger, and our midfield options with then be impressive. A couple of strikers to add and then the top end of the pitch is covered. 

Building a proper team at last, we'll have a stronger squad than last season. 

Just now, rovers11 said:

Looks like Dack will be announced in the next day or two. Cracking signings, adds much needed flair into the side. Hopefully we can add Bostock too and a pacy winger, and our midfield options with then be impressive. A couple of strikers to add and then the top end of the pitch is covered. 

And a few strikers and a keeper and a full back and a centre back

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

And a few strikers and a keeper and a full back and a centre back

Two strikers I would say. Dack can play the number 10 role. I wouldn't want to rely on Graham (injury prone) or Stokes (unreliable). We need one goalscorer and one pacy striker. TM is focusing on the midfield first as he knows that's our weakest area. He's done an excellent job in addressing that area so far. 

Just now, rovers11 said:

Sorry to rain on your bonfire but Dack is bloody awful - one paced, limited and a greedy bugger.also told by a mate who watches Gillingham that he's not a good sort and not well liked by his team mates. Sounds like Stokes will be a soul mate for him.

why are people so impressed at signing somebody from Gilingham ffs???

its like the last 12 months never happened on here let alone the last 7 years.

Someone's balls should be in a vice for the failure to conduct transfer affairs in this businesslike manner this time last year. Whoever thought putting a clown faced failed dingle in charge of matters on the pitch was clearly deluded to the point of derision. Just imagine how things might have turned out if there'd been even a half decent football manager at the helm last season, rather than that areosol...

Anyway, if things continue like this there might even be some pleasure in taking in the odd game in the coming season, rather than stewing melancholically in the slough of despond, as per recent years. Keep em coming 'Tone.

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good news. 

And Rovers paying a fee

Chaddy last time Mowbray managed in league one, how many players did he sign for Coventry in pre season assembling his own squad ? And what happened?

i would exercise caution before thinking TM is the next Pocchetino

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

When in Rome...And anyway, the signings so far hint of some broader plan behind the scenes, rather than last years turd-fest.

I will wait to see who turns out for us in August first. I can't at any level see how we can carry on with the likes of Mulgrew and Graham and Evans earning what they earn.

we will get some bang average league one names in and then these lot will be off. Phrases like " it's hard to deny them the chance to play at a higher level" will be thrown around as once again we have our intelligence well and truly insulted

Just now, TBTF said:

Sorry to rain on your bonfire but Dack is bloody awful - one paced, limited and a greedy bugger.also told by a mate who watches Gillingham that he's not a good sort and not well liked by his team mates. Sounds like Stokes will be a soul mate for him.

why are people so impressed at signing somebody from Gilingham ffs???

its like the last 12 months never happened on here let alone the last 7 years.

I haven't seen him play much but he was league 1 player of the year the season before last. He was also linked with some good championship clubs last summer, such as Brighton. I believe Gills  turned down a 2m bid for him from Bristol City. Plus, he's fairly young so time to improve. Seems like a very good signing compared to the dross we signed last summer. 

Lots of people saying Gladwin will sign next week too. Wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

What is with some in here, constantly moaning about every signing we make despite not actually seeing them play! Just can't please some folk 

Aye ok- onwards and upwards. All is forgiven Venkys. Tell you what pal , I would much rather they threw a few quid at trying to keep us up last year than trying to convince us this is some brave new dawn.

scumbags the lot of them- enjoy the quality on offer EO.

Just now, TBTF said:

I will wait to see who turns out for us in August first. I can't at any level see how we can carry on with the likes of Mulgrew and Graham and Evans earning what they earn.

we will get some bang average league one names in and then these lot will be off. Phrases like " it's hard to deny them the chance to play at a higher level" will be thrown around as once again we have our intelligence well and truly insulted

I totally agree. I just feel a lot happier with something happening for a change, rather than the almost, nearly, oh fuwk of recent pre-seasons. I think caution is more than justified and perhaps this will extend well into the new season, which sadly sees us plying a furrow far away from the hallowed turf of our more recent history. The fact is we are where we are, and despite the recent history, we have no god given right to be anywhere else at the moment - we will have to earn our rise, should that ever come to pass.

Just now, rovers11 said:

I haven't seen him play much but he was league 1 player of the year the season before last. He was also linked with some good championship clubs last summer, such as Brighton. I believe Gills  turned down a 2m bid for him from Bristol City. Plus, he's fairly young so time to improve. Seems like a very good signing compared to the dross we signed last summer. 

Lots of people saying Gladwin will sign next week too. Wouldn't surprise me at all. 

And didn't quite make it out of Gillingham. Meantime money bags Rovers nip and get him on the cheap from under the noses of the big boys and he remains in league one . Yawn yawn.

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

Someone's balls should be in a vice for the failure to conduct transfer affairs in this businesslike manner this time last year. Whoever thought putting a clown faced failed dingle in charge of matters on the pitch was clearly deluded to the point of derision. Just imagine how things might have turned out if there'd been even a half decent football manager at the helm last season, rather than that areosol...

Anyway, if things continue like this there might even be some pleasure in taking in the odd game in the coming season, rather than stewing melancholically in the slough of despond, as per recent years. Keep em coming 'Tone.

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

Somebody somewhere wanted this club relegated. Now they are having a clearout and letting players go with maybe a bit of severance pay and signing cheaper replacements. That's before the sales start, wonder who benefits from this latest scenario and I wonder who talked Coyle into position, someone must have.

Archived