BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day if you don't protest then it is your choice but with that goes the right to slate the venkyscum

Don't people like Glen Mullan and Wayne Wild still attend, sure I've seen mention of it on their twitter accounts, etc.

I'm sure there are members of the various fan groups supporting Venky's out that still attend, I really don't think its as black and white an argument as you make out, it may be for you but for others it isn't. A bit of tolerance and respect for other peoples views wouldn't go a miss at times.

Not a case of tolerance is it. At the end of the day there's an opportunity for fans to come together and make a stand ( surely 30 mins is doable ) against the scum dogs . If Super Fans can't be arsed making a stand then I'm afraid they not only lose respect of other fans but lose self dignity and all rights for calling the owners . The wolves game is simple it's US v THEM. Choose your side and deal with it .

Not a case of tolerance is it. At the end of the day there's an opportunity for fans to come together and make a stand ( surely 30 mins is doable ) against the scum dogs . If Super Fans can't be arsed making a stand then I'm afraid they not only lose respect of other fans but lose self dignity and all rights for calling the owners . The wolves game is simple it's US v THEM. Choose your side and deal with it .

Well it is a tolerance for other people's views, you don't have to agree with them but calling out anyone who doesn't share your view seems OTT to me, however that's just MY view.

I do agree with that 47er. I may be in my mid-sixties, but, like yourself I will defend my viewpoint no matter what. It won't surprise you that I agree with the sentiments behind the post by Meadows. The decision to join the protests or not is an individual one and everyone is free to make that decision and shouldn't be criticised for whichever stance they take. I have explained fully in the past why I won't join in the protests and will continue to support the team. If there was an action that I felt would impact on the owners, that might be a different matter, but me walking on 18 minutes from the start and leaving 75 minutes into the game will have little impact on owners in India, particularly if they own the club for reasons which some have alluded to.

I totally agree with Meadows that Saturday was one of the most entertaining games seen at Ewood in a long time. I thought the atmosphere reflected that and, like Meadows and yourself 47er, we have seen games at Ewood with no more than 5,000 on when the atmosphere has been excellent. As Meadows pointed out, you can have 20,000 or 30,000 on and the place can be as quiet as a library.

Finally, I thought Saturday was the first time this season that the crowd got behind the team to that extent and we were rewarded with an excellent game of football and the right result. Of course one result doesn't mean we have turned a corner but what a joy it was to leave Ewood having been so thoroughly entertained.

It will have zero impact on the owners whoever they are. After reading all the info about the owners and everything that happened around the takeover, I don't know who the actually owners are or whether Venkys are the sole owners or part owners. Plus reading about how many different parts of the world the money was transfers its leads me to think that they might be more owners than we know official.

No it doesn't Abbey. You might think it does, but it really doesn't.

agree

Don't people like Glen Mullan and Wayne Wild still attend, sure I've seen mention of it on their twitter accounts, etc.

I'm sure there are members of the various fan groups supporting Venky's out that still attend, I really don't think its as black and white an argument as you make out, it may be for you but for others it isn't. A bit of tolerance and respect for other peoples views wouldn't go a miss at times.

Yes Glen Mullan, Wayne Wild, Mark Fish, Birdy all still attend games and support the team.

I agree this isnt a simple a Black and White argument for everyone. As I said for ages everyone needs to respect each other views whether you agree with them or not

Bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss, we're talking about a football club here not industrial inequalities. I will be protesting at the Wolves game, the same as I have protested at every other game where there has been organised protest but I think making it an us and them scenario only serves to drive more wedges between an already splintered fanbase.

Wouldn't it be wiser to try and turn the non protesters by presenting them with info, etc rather than potentially turning them from our cause for good by abusing them?

It really does & it shows non protesters to be super fans or cowards

No it shows people have formed their own opinion and remain unconvinced about what impact the protests will have. You have opted to boycott as a protest and are happy with your decision. I have opted to continue to attend and not protest and am happy with my decision.

Bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss, we're talking about a football club here not industrial inequalities. I will be protesting at the Wolves game, the same as I have protested at every other game where there has been organised protest but I think making it an us and them scenario only serves to drive more wedges between an already splintered fanbase.

Wouldn't it be wiser to try and turn the non protesters by presenting them with info, etc rather than potentially turning them from our cause for good by abusing them?

Didn't mean us n them as fans I meant Us = fans Them= venkyscum

No it shows people have formed their own opinion and remain unconvinced about what impact the protests will have. You have opted to boycott as a protest and are happy with your decision. I have opted to continue to attend and not protest and am happy with my decision.

don't protest .. But don't moan

As far as 1875 goes - it's 30 minutes or so, and about showing solidarity with your fellow fans. If you can't bring yourself to do that then that's pretty sad imo.

I'd change pretty for extremely

I do agree with that 47er. I may be in my mid-sixties, but, like yourself I will defend my viewpoint no matter what. It won't surprise you that I agree with the sentiments behind the post by Meadows. The decision to join the protests or not is an individual one and everyone is free to make that decision and shouldn't be criticised for whichever stance they take. I have explained fully in the past why I won't join in the protests and will continue to support the team. If there was an action that I felt would impact on the owners, that might be a different matter, but me walking on 18 minutes from the start and leaving 75 minutes into the game will have little impact on owners in India, particularly if they own the club for reasons which some have alluded to.

I totally agree with Meadows that Saturday was one of the most entertaining games seen at Ewood in a long time. I thought the atmosphere reflected that and, like Meadows and yourself 47er, we have seen games at Ewood with no more than 5,000 on when the atmosphere has been excellent. As Meadows pointed out, you can have 20,000 or 30,000 on and the place can be as quiet as a library.

Finally, I thought Saturday was the first time this season that the crowd got behind the team to that extent and we were rewarded with an excellent game of football and the right result. Of course one result doesn't mean we have turned a corner but what a joy it was to leave Ewood having been so thoroughly entertained.

No argument with what you have written Parson but Meadows poured scorn on the 1875 planned demo which is pouring scorn on other Rovers supporters for their efforts to save the club. Birdy would have the same sort of record as yourself in terms of bleeding blue and white,so I thought that was pretty low.

I disagree very strongly.

I disagree with the idea that somebody can SAY they want something to happen (e.g. Venkys to leave) but when asked to help to illustrate the strength of feeling through visible demonstration of the numbers which back it up, they say 'it's my choice to not help and you can't make me'.

The TV cameras will be pointing at the Ewood terraces and viewers watching are expected to take note of the number of people who actually want Venkys Out by the volume of people taking part in the demonstration.

By not joining in you give the impression that the numbers who want Venkys Out are a minority. In effect, undermining any credibility of future protests. Including any campaigns which take place in India, or wherever or however, you feel would be most appropriate.

The 18/75 protest is not in and of itself a way to get Venkys to leave. However, it is our only real opportunity to show the football world, the Sky audience, the PL and FA, and yes, Venkys the number of people who feel the same. Venkys advisors are banking on most people being like you, Parson.

By exercising your personal choice, as an individual and not part of a collective Rovers fan base, you reinforce the message that only a minority really want Venkys gone and that the majority are happy for them to continue. Whatever anyone 'says' and 'thinks', it's what we 'do' or 'don't do' that matters. Ironically, much like Venkys.

I truly despise the man. Everything he says has this smarmy tone to it. He keeps sucking up to the fans and bigging himself up to cover for his inadequacies. One win and he's so effing chuffed with himself. I read an article on the LT interviewing Sam Gallagher. Was all going well until someone asks that clown for his opinion.

“I told him that he could help me and I could help him and, having looked at some of the strikers I’ve worked with, like Jay Rodriguez at Burnley, he spoke to Jay and he said, ‘he’ll help you and really improve your game’.

“I’m just pleased the kid is showing such a high level of performance. As much as you can try and impart a bit of knowledge and experience the biggest single person is the lad himself because when he crosses that line he’s got to deliver."

Eurgh.

I truly despise the man. Everything he says has this smarmy tone to it. He keeps sucking up to the fans and bigging himself up to cover for his inadequacies. One win and he's so effing chuffed with himself. I read an article on the LT interviewing Sam Gallagher. Was all going well until someone asks that clown for his opinion.

I told him that he could help me and I could help him and, having looked at some of the strikers Ive worked with, like Jay Rodriguez at Burnley, he spoke to Jay and he said, hell help you and really improve your game.

Im just pleased the kid is showing such a high level of performance. As much as you can try and impart a bit of knowledge and experience the biggest single person is the lad himself because when he crosses that line hes got to deliver."

Eurgh.

I can't make head nor tail of half of his interviews to be honest with you. Did you see the one on Channel 5 after our highlights? It was just nonsense!

Parson doesn't moan. He's brainwashed himself into thinking lower-league football is our natural level. That way he'll never have to take a stand.

I'm just pleased you're are attending the game to take part in the protest.

I disagree very strongly.

I disagree with the idea that somebody can SAY they want something to happen (e.g. Venkys to leave) but when asked to help to illustrate the strength of feeling through visible demonstration of the numbers which back it up, they say 'it's my choice to not help and you can't make me'.

The TV cameras will be pointing at the Ewood terraces and viewers watching are expected to take note of the number of people who actually want Venkys Out by the volume of people taking part in the demonstration.

By not joining in you give the impression that the numbers who want Venkys Out are a minority. In effect, undermining any credibility of future protests. Including any campaigns which take place in India, or wherever or however, you feel would be most appropriate.

The 18/75 protest is not in and of itself a way to get Venkys to leave. However, it is our only real opportunity to show the football world, the Sky audience, the PL and FA, and yes, Venkys the number of people who feel the same. Venkys advisors are banking on most people being like you, Parson.

By exercising your personal choice, as an individual and not part of a collective Rovers fan base, you reinforce the message that only a minority really want Venkys gone and that the majority are happy for them to continue. Whatever anyone 'says' and 'thinks', it's what we 'do' or 'don't do' that matters. Ironically, much like Venkys.

That's the beauty of freedom of choice Stuart. We are able to make the decision for ourselves and do what we believe is right. There has been enormous publicity about how supporters feel about the owners so I think that point has already been made.

That's the beauty of freedom of choice Stuart. We are able to make the decision for ourselves and do what we believe is right. There has been enormous publicity about how supporters feel about the owners so I think that point has already been made.

The point has not yet been made at all.

The Wolves game is the litmus test. A poor showing and that will be the end of the protests. The saddest part is I believe you will be glad about that.

The point has not yet been made at all.

The Wolves game is the litmus test. A poor showing and that will be the end of the protests. The saddest part is I believe you will be glad about that.

TBH Stuart momentum seems to have been lost and it may well be a poor showing protest wise....if for instance the 1875 would of been done on Saturday with an official attendance of just over 10,000 it wouldn't have been noticed unless every fan in the ground did it....but hey according to some posters on here it made for a cracking atmosphere....Russ Abbot must of been singing..lol

I think all this talk of atmosphere by Coyle is a very thinly veiled attempt at blaming the stay away's and protesters for our current plight and poor run of results. As if to say get behind the team and we win, very similar to the line toted by Magic Mike a month or so ago.

Lancaster the fan base is as split as ever....we have the super fans who are over dressing Saturdays game up..We have some who still can't see the wood for the trees as the old saying goes

Archived