BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

It seems that WARS greatest achievement to date is creating a logo. All the momentum of the last few weeks has disappeared quicker than Paul Pogba's talent. This stagnation has allowed all old wounds over protesters vs non protesters to rear it's ugly head again thus diverting everyone from the protest itself.

To me their are 4 groups of fans at the moment.

1. Boycotters who won't enter but will be out protesting outside E.g Abbey (respect).

2. Those who attend but are full educated on the happenings and will protest 1875.

3. Those who have the facts but have made the decision to not get involved and will just watch the game E.g Parson (I respect their decision).

4. The most important and biggest group those not yet in the knowledge of the protest itself or the information that has come out. These people still attend but could join the protest if educated.

Knowing this then the solution is simple. @#/? WAR and it's pissing contest, we need to target group 4 not group 3. These are the ones who will help ensure the success of this protest.

We have enough brains and expertise on this site alone that if we put our heads together could get a leaflet designed made and printed off with all relevant information and links before next home game. I'm also sure we would have many volunteers to distribute it at the game and around town.

Let's not stagnate let's get the momentum back now!!! This website got the ball rolling let it be the place where it's kick-started again

Good post.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely those boycotting are all making their point already. Those attending look like they feel all is well. So to mitigate that they've been asked to make a statement that although they still attend it is the club they are supporting, their history and all that means to the town and the community.That statement is to be visible to a wider audience. Nobody thinks it will persuade the owners to leave but it says to anyone bothered to understand, "Even we who attend every week, are not happy with the set up here at Rovers". It's mild, polite, not open to any abuse I can think of and so I can't personally see why any Rovers fan wouldn't join in. I accept that not everyone will be persuaded to but I think that's a pity. I will not be there. I'm not judging you. But I can't for the life of me see why, if you are still attending you can't be part of this.

I haven't "disrespected" him I just said I think this idea is hare-brained. I consider myself pretty bright but I have had and continue have "hare-brained ideas" - I once bought 12 Mail on Sunday's with a free Bowie CD in which I thought would do a bomb on eBay, I've still got all 12. That was a pretty hard-brained scheme too.

If he came in the pub and asked me to support it, he'd get the same response as a fella did who came over to discuss it last Saturday. I sit round a table with10 or 11 people none of whose decision-making I have any input into and like me, they all said, no, they wouldn't be supporting that particular 18-75 thing, they were only interested in supporting the team on match days not demonstrating

When pressed, the lad who said he would admitted he'd probably not bother walking out on 75 minutes as the bar would be shut! We were able to have a laugh about that and he admitted that most of the supporters on the table he sat on weren't bothering either

On the game I sit with a family ranging in ages from 6 to 80 with five or six ages in between. They all said they wouldn't be interested in missing part of any game they drive 35 miles to attend including picking an elderly relative up

The couple in front we've sat with or years also said they'd be in their seats from 10 to 3 till five to 5.

I'd hazard a guess that if a game was as good, or even more poised on a knife edge than Saturday's, plenty who presently declare they'd consider getting up and leaving wouldn't actually go through with it

I'm sorry if your stance is such that you can't accept that anyone with such a contrary opinion is a proper Rovers supporter or as anguished, committed and concerned about the club's future as you are, but provided there is no open hostility between the factions I'm sure we can all get along and accept each other's right to carry on how they like at or around Ewood Park provided it is within the law and doesn't cause anyone to feel threatened or intimidated

You're floundering. All to justify your previous bewildering digs

I haven't "disrespected" him I just said I think this idea is hare-brained. I consider myself pretty bright but I have had and continue have "hare-brained ideas" - I once bought 12 Mail on Sunday's with a free Bowie CD in which I thought would do a bomb on eBay, I've still got all 12. That was a pretty hard-brained scheme too.

If he came in the pub and asked me to support it, he'd get the same response as a fella did who came over to discuss it last Saturday. I sit round a table with10 or 11 people none of whose decision-making I have any input into and like me, they all said, no, they wouldn't be supporting that particular 18-75 thing, they were only interested in supporting the team on match days not demonstrating

When pressed, the lad who said he would admitted he'd probably not bother walking out on 75 minutes as the bar would be shut! We were able to have a laugh about that and he admitted that most of the supporters on the table he sat on weren't bothering either

On the game I sit with a family ranging in ages from 6 to 80 with five or six ages in between. They all said they wouldn't be interested in missing part of any game they drive 35 miles to attend including picking an elderly relative up

The couple in front we've sat with or years also said they'd be in their seats from 10 to 3 till five to 5.

I'd hazard a guess that if a game was as good, or even more poised on a knife edge than Saturday's, plenty who presently declare they'd consider getting up and leaving wouldn't actually go through with it

I'm sorry if your stance is such that you can't accept that anyone with such a contrary opinion is a proper Rovers supporter or as anguished, committed and concerned about the club's future as you are, but provided there is no open hostility between the factions I'm sure we can all get along and accept each other's right to carry on how they like at or around Ewood Park provided it is within the law and doesn't cause anyone to feel threatened or intimidated

Happy clapping's finest are reaping what the venkys have sown.

Floundering? Or calmly and rationally explaining how, of 30-odd people attending the Rotherham match I was in contact with before or at the game with on Saturday only two appeared to be likely to participate in 18-75?

It appears it's going to fail and go unnoticed.

Floundering? Or calmly and rationally explaining how, of 30-odd people attending the Rotherham match I was in contact with before or at the game with on Saturday only two appeared to be likely to participate in 18-75?

Venky sympathising then .😡👎💩

I always suspected it would. It would be good to show the club that the majority of fans are against the owners and the way it is being run, but asking people to miss 30 minutes of a game appears to not be the way to do this.

Let's hope in the secret forum that the plan to smuggle 1000 whistles into the ground is coming to fruition.

It's a bad, bad state of affairs when you are rooting for the tax man :-(

The bottom line Mike is that you are asking people to do something (1875) which they don't believe in. As for talk of solidarity does this mean that if we all participate in the 1875 protest that the boycotters will turn up and remain for the next few games to show solidarity with those still supporting the team? Of course not, people do what they believe is the right thing to do for them. I have nothing but respect for those who have made the difficult decision to boycott as I know how hard that must be for them. Sadly, respect for those who continue to support the players on matchdays is not really forthcoming but I don't have a problem with that either. I'm happy with the decision I have made and I'm sure Meadows is happy with his continued support of the club. People have different opinions as to what will make Venky's leave and on the impact of protests. Like Meadows, I believe the owners will only leave when they themselves decide to go and it will be for reasons which will have little to do with supporters.

Hang on. You "don't believe in" showing solidarity with your fellow supporters for an ultimate end game (Venkys gone) that you purport to want?

Why do you not say to your group/neighbouring (like-minded) fans, "I understand why we need to do this" and walk?

It appears some fans want, nay, are going to make sure it fails.

Sadly I think this will be the case. Clearly the two groups (people who go and don't go) are generally poles apart and I can't see any common ground being found soon. From my personal perspective I am comfortable with my decision and I have the will power and am principled enough to see it through however long that may be. Perhaps we should all bury the hatchet, respect each others opinions and just do what we are comfortable with.

Hopefully one day we will be free of these wretched people and can go back to debating football.

Surely those boycotting are all making their point already. Those attending look like they feel all is well. So to mitigate that they've been asked to make a statement that although they still attend it is the club they are supporting, their history and all that means to the town and the community.That statement is to be visible to a wider audience. Nobody thinks it will persuade the owners to leave but it says to anyone bothered to understand, "Even we who attend every week, are not happy with the set up here at Rovers". It's mild, polite, not open to any abuse I can think of and so I can't personally see why any Rovers fan wouldn't join in. I accept that not everyone will be persuaded to but I think that's a pity. I will not be there. I'm not judging you. But I can't for the life of me see why, if you are still attending you can't be part of this.

He considers it a hare-brained scheme! And he considers himself "pretty bright"! So he must be right. What are we thinking of?

Sadly I think this will be the case. Clearly the two groups (people who go and don't go) are generally poles apart and I can't see any common ground being found soon. From my personal perspective I am comfortable with my decision and I have the will power and am principled enough to see it through however long that may be. Perhaps we should all bury the hatchet, respect each others opinions and just do what we are comfortable with.

Hopefully one day we will be free of these wretched people and can go back to debating football.

Well that is the leadership role required...to find areas of agreement and sign up between the two poles....One of the criteria( not the only one) for assessing the merits of a particular protest idea should be the impact on other Rovers fans...Clearly, there will be visible protest behaviours that don't alienate others or,, in particular, invite sabotage.

The first job is to ensure as many supporters as possible to grasp the concerns about who is running Blackburn Rovers and the implications.

The more agreement on problem definition, the less disagreement on "solutions"/responses etc

I fear there will be animosity for years over this sordid episode of the clubs history, much like after the cup final ticket affair.

• Backroom

The bottom line Mike is that you are asking people to do something (1875) which they don't believe in. As for talk of solidarity does this mean that if we all participate in the 1875 protest that the boycotters will turn up and remain for the next few games to show solidarity with those still supporting the team? Of course not, people do what they believe is the right thing to do for them. I have nothing but respect for those who have made the difficult decision to boycott as I know how hard that must be for them. Sadly, respect for those who continue to support the players on matchdays is not really forthcoming but I don't have a problem with that either. I'm happy with the decision I have made and I'm sure Meadows is happy with his continued support of the club. People have different opinions as to what will make Venky's leave and on the impact of protests. Like Meadows, I believe the owners will only leave when they themselves decide to go and it will be for reasons which will have little to do with supporters.

Parson, I remain a STH and attend every game. I completely respect anyone's right to attend or not.

This isn't about that. When it comes down to it, if you want Venkys Out but aren't willing to show it, you don't actually want them out. I'm the same as you, I don't believe 18in75out will make a difference, but I am participating because it MIGHT.

Part of the protest will be pre-game vs Wolves btw, so not necessarily anything to do with supporting the players.

Mike, it's also about telling the owners that large numbers of fans(hopefully) regard Venky's behaviour as unacceptable.

If you don't joln in, you are saying their ownership is OK by you.

Are we really going to return to the Kean situation where the club will be saying "it's only a small percentage of the fans, the rest

understand what we are trying to do here."

Parson, I remain a STH and attend every game. I completely respect anyone's right to attend or not.

This isn't about that. When it comes down to it, if you want Venkys Out but aren't willing to show it, you don't actually want them out. I'm the same as you, I don't believe 18in75out will make a difference, but I am participating because it MIGHT.

Part of the protest will be pre-game vs Wolves btw, so not necessarily anything to do with supporting the players.

I'm in the same boat as you Mike. Whatever comes of the 1875 protest, it may be nothing, it may be something, nobody truly knows. But for me to miss 30 minutes of a match and to actually try and make a stand with other fans is definitely worth a try.

What's 30 minutes in the grand scheme of things?

I'd be willing to bet the players are well aware of the fans feelings towards the ownership situation, so I would highly doubt that their feelings are going to be hurt by people partaking in the protest. They are grown men after all.

Mike, it's also about telling the owners that large numbers of fans(hopefully) regard Venky's behaviour as unacceptable.

If you don't joln in, you are saying their ownership is OK by you.

Are we really going to return to the Kean situation where the club will be saying "it's only a small percentage of the fans, the rest

understand what we are trying to do here."

Remember there are already 15K fans missing and only about 8000 fans still attending.

If 1000 fans do the 1875 it would be a significant message.

It may go unnoticed on SKY but it will still send out a warning.

The whistles, beachballs, paper planes, chicken, taxi, drone, streaker which delay the game will be noticed by SKY.

If you attend but ain't doing the 1875 AND want Venkys out then blow a whistle or blow up a beachball or make a paper plane.

WAR to announce paper plane making classes?

I am not a radical, too old and long in the tooth, I was stood on the Riverside in the old Div 3 with 5,000 others, but I personally made the decision not to step foot into Ewood and part with another £ until Venkys no longer have overall control, I promised myself this in May 2016 and drew a line in the sand as my way to declare my dissatisfaction with our owners.

I will be back and renew my season ticket and my lads the day they are gone, in whatever league we are then, happy to take Evostick Northern or wherever.

I am reluctant to break with this, though with any dignified organised protest I am prepared to reconsider. If this is 1875 at the Wolves game then possibly I may show my support and attend.

However somethings needs to be happening informing people what is going on and soon. If there is a significant number stating that they are unwilling to join in, then why should I go against my principles? Instead I shall leave it.

I have no idea what % of those not attending I may represent.

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

Apart from a bit of publicity, I don't think it will achieve anything either, but i do think this is one way of saying, "I love this club but i no longer want our current owners to be here." and reach a wider audience with that message, without indulging in the kind of protest that got us a bad name before.. We never know till we try. But we needs to be more than a handful.

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

This is exactly the issue, we wont achieve anything unless we pull together. Most people naturally avoid confrontation; which in its very nature protest is, however something can be stirred in people to protest and this is what we need. If you were to join the protest Parson that may then spark debate within your group, which in turn leads to another 5 people joining, they can then impact on 5 more people each, it goes on and on until we have a movement. The alright jack defeatist attitude that you've displayed above and is shown by others is sadly the reason that 'we' wont achieve anything.

Do you not believe that if a significant number of people took part that it would :-

A ) Show the club, and thus the owners, that the majority of people still attending Ewood are unhappy with the running of the club and want the owners to leave. Even those they think are still "with" them are unhappy.

B ) Show that fan unity can be achieved. That as a collective group, whether we attend or not, we all want the same thing and all can act as a group.

What 18/75 needs is a well written press release saying that this is not about not wanting to support the club. That by taking part in this does not mean that you don't support the players. Get the message out there so people who stumble across info on 18/75 don't feel torn or flat out refuse because they thinks it is some kind of disruptive action. It is also where the LT need the balls to feature it on the front page. Imagine if it was a front page plea with councillors and ex-players backing the gesture. Only at that level of coverage and credibility , giving out the message as to what the protest is for and why it's aim is to unite fans to show their wishes, could this work.

Honest people on street corners handing out leaflets, and a few Facebook shares, won't be persuasive enough to change their minds.

If WAR are supporting this they should be using their 'professionalism' to try and make some of the above coverage and credibility happen.

Archived