BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

When Coyle was first appointed I like many was completely against the appointment and was immediately regretting renewing my season ticket. However, I'm definitely warming to him a bit more now. I don't blame Lambert for leaving but it's good in a way we Atleast have someone in charge now who is willing to work with f**k all money wise and has managed to bring in a few good players so far.Many of us didn't expect him to be able to get Graham back and I think some definitely underestimate how good of a pull that was for us, we will be heavily relying on him to get the bulk of our goals this season. I also think whenever he's spoken he's come across very well, and I think he knows this is his last chance to manage at this level in football. You might think all this means nothing if he can't manage a team which is true but all I'm saying is I'm certainly not as against his appointment as I was when he first got appointed, I don't wanna sound like that knob Cheston who has been singing Coyles praises. But I definitely think coyle should be cut some slack a bit as so far he hasn't done much wrong. And I'm glad the SEM talk has died down a bit now I was getting sick of that haha. Is anyone else of a similar view?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

No not yet

He's made some promising looking signings but if that doesn't translate to performances on the pitch it means nothing

As I said though if he turns us around and somehow gets us promoted I'll chip in myself for his statue!

Hahaha lads I'm not a fan of him by any means all I'm saying is that I'm not as against his appointment as when he first joined. I was expecting most people to reply no too be fair 😂

No not yet

He's made some promising looking signings but if that doesn't translate to performances on the pitch it means nothing

As I said though if he turns us around and somehow gets us promoted I'll chip in myself for his statue!

Of course, all I was saying is based on what he's done so far I'm not as against his appointment as I first was.

You don't mention the sales.

Wait til the seasons underway.

Should have probably made reference to that if only one of Marshall duffy and Hanley go then not many would complain with that. Was just saying it as more of a at this moment in time thing.

No, and the pathetic attempt to justify his appointment by the club has annoyed me further.

He talks a good game, (remind you of anyone?), and no wonder he sounds so positive as he probably still can't believe his luck.

Only surprisingly good results will make me warm to him.

No, not considering the potential to appoint far better managers, he's just another manager happy to put up with whatever venkys throw in front of him, lambert on the other hand told it like it is, I have nothing against him personally but this appointment is destined to end in failiure

If he had come out, explained the SEM links and how he used to be involved with them but guaranteed he wasn't anymore, I'd have been prepared to give him a touch more leeway. However, blatantly lying to the fans on one of your first days says a lot about the man, and no amount of spin will change my opinion of him.

Talk is cheap. A few loans and freebies sprinkled with a huge dose of positivity ain't gonna change my opinion on him. Everyone is getting pulled in by his chat in the papers, the talk of PL loans etc. For some reason it has whetted people's appetites. What's the big deal about these PL youngsters?! When Venky's arrived, Hanley, Lowe, Henley etc were these same types of players we are trying to sign now! I'm not going to praise Coyle for working hard to sign players. It's in his job remit and he'll be getting paid handsomely enough.

This is a results business, anyways. Though I have a feeling Coyle will remain regardless of results.

Do you think any sales will be down to the manager or the owners?

Interesting point. But ultimately the manager takes responsibility for transfers in and out. If he gets the credit for players like Graham or (hopefully) Traore then he must accept the blame if we are weakened by selling first team players.

If players are sold without his consent - or even against his wishes - and he doesn't walk then the accusation will be as a YesMan.

Ultimately though managers are (or are normally) measured by results. It will be easier to stomach Coyle if he is winning games of football. Far too early after a few warm up matches to decide anything.

• Backroom

I would hope nobody has started lowering their standards already without a competitive game being played.

And is "happy to work without any money" really a positive criteria now?

I would hope nobody has started lowering their standards already without a competitive game being played.

And is "happy to work without any money" really a positive criteria now?

He's just happy to have a bloody job! I'd be buzzing around smiling like a Cheshire cat if I was earning a few hundred grand a year in a job I wasn't qualified to do.

His hands are tied financially and how many managers could we attract in our current situation? I won't blame him if we sell Hanley or Duffy.

We could have done a lot better. We could do a lot worse.

In a nutshell, Owen Coyle being the manager is not the biggest problem we face at the moment.

I haven't got remotely bothered about him joining because im just disillusioned with the whole club.

Not at all, joke of an appointment given his career since Burnley.

Signing wise,

Graham was Lamberts man so no credit there

Stokes a freebie who has it all to prove south of the border

Feeney - give me strength

2 Loan players - could be anything

All in all, very uninspired and some of the comments coming out of rovers is like Steve Kean all over again.

We are a joke under venkys

• Backroom

I'm not frothing at the mouth as I was, however that's more reluctant acceptance rather than anything he's done.

I'll see how results go. He has my support as Rovers manager, but I'll not come near chanting his name for some time.

Not at all, joke of an appointment given his career since Burnley.

Signing wise,

Graham was Lamberts man so no credit there

Stokes a freebie who has it all to prove south of the border

Feeney - give me strength

2 Loan players - could be anything

All in all, very uninspired and some of the comments coming out of rovers is like Steve Kean all over again.

We are a joke under venkys

Glen hits the nail on the head, especially the reference to king rat. Some of his comments are right out of the same play book and lets not forget he was in the building less than a week and he told a whopper about SEM.

His managerial record is abysmal, but thats where he'll be judged, as long as he cuts back on the drivel and fibs.

I'll be surprised if he sees the season out.

I'm fairly happy with the signings so far.

Graham was a good signing and impress with Coyle getting him to come back to Rovers. You can give Lambert credit for bringing him to Rovers in the 1st place but it was Coyle who get him to signed here permanent tho.

But Coyle will be judge by Results and nothing else as it should be and nothing more.

Was I happy about his appointment? No I wasn't as I wanted Gary Monk or Tim Sherwood. But Coyle was appointment. But if you look at Carlos Carvalhal's record before he was appointed at Sheff Wed you wouldn't have appointed him

Does Coyle have ties to SEM at this current time? Its appears not. He has only met a certain person once and that's was roughly 8 years ago I am led to believe by 2 different people. Yes he did lie. why I don't know but that's a question for him not me.

Archived