BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tempted to think you are deliberately winding me up, but I hope you just don't realise just how much you've achieved it. My job is my business, my personal life and taking offence to a joke is no reason for you to question it.

Get over yourself ... I will write really slowly , just so that the third time yo may get it .. It was aimed at all teachers not you

Teachers shouldn't be making hitler jokes .

They really should know reich from wrong.

• Moderation Lead

It was hardly a Hitler joke was it? Surely the point was that as long as someone was successful their past wouldn't matter- like Diouf, Bellamy, Savage before they came here. That's how I read it in any case. The mention of Hitler seemed to be purely incidental.

But we didn't so that is hypothetical. It's as much the fact Coyle is useless as he had a season in the sun down the road. The thought of him wearing Rovers gear is enough to make me retch.

Here's what I don't get about managers Tony, if it's possible for a useless idiot like Coyle - and he certainly looks and sounds like one - to win promotion from the Championship, doesn't that just suggest it's mostly luck? Given your exposure to virtually all league managers during your days reaching for the yellow card, did you see certain traits in successful managers, or did it seem random? If that's the case, I'd rather we had stuck with Bowyer who at least bled Blue and White.

Here's what I don't get about managers Tony, if it's possible for a useless idiot like Coyle - and he certainly looks and sounds like one - to win promotion from the Championship, doesn't that just suggest it's mostly luck? Given your exposure to virtually all league managers during your days reaching for the yellow card, did you see certain traits in successful managers, or did it seem random? If that's the case, I'd rather we had stuck with Bowyer who at least bled Blue and White.

I think luck does play a part John and having seen quite a few of Coyles games at Burnley that was certainly the case. Sometimes the correct formula is stumbled across and that can last for some time. Coyle rode the crest of a wave but was seriously found wanting in the PL. One of the main assets for a manager though is respect. I was lucky to have been in the company of the likes of Ferguson, Robson (Bobby), Wenger and many more. They had an aura about them and commanded respect from their players and staff. I genuinely think Lambert had this but Coyle doesn't command too much respect and from a couple of people I spoke to isn't taken too seriously neither.

I was a critic of Bowyer but he is certainly on a par with Coyle. I would have him over Coyle in a heartbeat.

I agree there's some luck in it. Not least the mix of teams. It's a very strong league this season. Last season was fairly even in terms of quality but I don't think Coyle's (or even Dyche's) Bumley would have been promoted this season. The mix of teams is much stronger, and the gulf between rich and poor is getting wider.

The application of Football League FFP at the same time that Premier League "prize" money has grown almost exponentially is perverse. Relegated teams have a massive, massive advantage over the rest - and every football league club has been downgraded as a result. A PL2 is a virtual inevitability in the next few years.

Venkys couldn't have @#/? us over at a worse time.

• Moderation Lead

I don't see that there's a lot of choice, there's no cash to spend on players, so he over-promotes youth players that aren't good enough......

Owen Coyle is prepared to give his youngsters a chance this season:

https://t.co/JlLkU0LNRohttps://t.co/dhb2hBMBaS

Coyle :- "Are they quite ready to play in the Championship? Who knows. But they are certainly going the right way to try and achieve their ultimate goal."
Seems fair enough, he's certainly not saying the tem will be full of kids. I'd worry about playing a 17 year old CB on a regular basis though. Hanley will need replacing, and so will Duffy mif he leaves.
Coyle sounds happy with Mahoney. Could be a big season for him, i hope he gets an extended run in the team.

I don't see that there's a lot of choice, there's no cash to spend on players, so he over-promotes youth players that aren't good enough......

If he didn't play them he'd get the stick Bowyer got for "holding back" Mahoney et al's careers.

Coyle :- "Are they quite ready to play in the Championship? Who knows. But they are certainly going the right way to try and achieve their ultimate goal."
Seems fair enough, he's certainly not saying the tem will be full of kids. I'd worry about playing a 17 year old CB on a regular basis though. Hanley will need replacing, and so will Duffy mif he leaves.
Coyle sounds happy with Mahoney. Could be a big season for him, i hope he gets an extended run in the team.

I'd suggest the manager should know, or at least have a very good idea/indication. That he doesn't suggests either a) he hasn't a clue about their ability or B) he does know but doesn't want to say

Not reassuring at all. Think about it in any other walk of life - my car mechanic - is the car safe to drive, who knows...

I'd suggest the manager should know, or at least have a very good idea/indication. That he doesn't suggests either a) he hasn't a clue about their ability or B) he does know but doesn't want to say

Not reassuring at all. Think about it in any other walk of life - my car mechanic - is the car safe to drive, who knows...

He won't know till he plays them. Nobody can predict how a player will react moving from the stiffs to the 1st team. Some float, some sink,.regardless of their footballing ability.

• Backroom

Owen Coyle has been told he'll have to promote several youngsters this season to make up his squad.

We were told this on here by an ITK ages ago, wasn't something like 6 mentioned ?

It's clearly been the plan for some time now. Lambert coming in and wanting to actually buy some good players alongside renewing contracts for the decent players we have left must have enraged Venky's. No wonder they stopped talking to him.

I've a feeling that may have added to Bowyers demise here as he seemed really reluctant to blood kids who he should have known well. Maybe he was saying behind the scenes he wouldn't do it until he thought they were ready in a few years and he was under the impression we could spend a bit once out of embargo.

Very odd they should sack a guy who made so much money with his method and it wouldn't have mattered what the fans thought anyway as has been proven. I certainly don't think they replaced him because people were @#/? off that doesn't happen here.

They do not want to spend a penny and have a guy now who's desperate enough to work under these conditions. Barmy.

Archived