BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between Monk and Coyle was very interesting to see.

Both teams are far from top drawer but Monk clearly had a style and game plan he was wanting his team to play: keep possession even if going nowhere, then when the opposition is out of position, switch the ball to the other flank and counter. Now Leeds in the first half weren't very good at the counter part - it was switched fine but the break was far too slow to exploit us - but you could see, to quote our weaker managers "what they were trying to do". Regardless how well they did it, and I'd say at best their execution of it was mixed, they had a strategy and formation and stuck to it.

Rovers I'm not sure what the game plan or formation - 4-1-4-1 and keep possession, 4-4-2 and long ball, 4-4-1-1 and bring as many of the midfield into the game with the player in the hole. We saw elements of all three in the Leeds game, and it struck me of a man who doesn't really have a clue what his tactics or strategy is. The only thing that worked was Gallagher out wide and whacking it over the top for him to chase, but even when he won that, there was very little support in the middle for him. We don't have a plan, a system to suit the plans (or lack of them) and that's before we get onto the players themselves.

Poor Marshall has played in more positions than the karmasutra and been ineffective in most of them. Our best left midfielder seems to be a striker, we're lacking players who excel in numerous positions. Granted Coyle had to put together an entire squad for 32p but it doesn't seem like many of the players have been brought with a system in mind or roles in that system.

Guess this is a long winded rant about how Coyle is useless, but I thought he would at least have a plan. Congratulations Owen and Venkys, once again you have surpassed (negatively) my expectations.

I literally can't look at my original post in this thread without cringing so much, how naïve I was. I did say that was how I felt at the time and that once the season starts that opinion was of course open too much change, and changed it has. Coyle is bloody useless.

As others have, to answer the original question, my answer is yes.

At first I thought he was a really bad appointment, tactically pathetic and would do well to keep us mid table.

I now realise that he's as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest! Useless isn't the word, in fact I don't think a word even exists to describe the complete level of incompetence.

No idea who to play, no idea what position to play anybody in once he does decide on a starting 11, no idea on formation at any point during the 90 mins, no idea how to change things mid game. In fact, he is a deer with no eyes!

I know that he is not our biggest issue and in a way he's doing us a favour. By being so crap and our focus still being on Venky's and not him, there's no way the Sky mob can paint it any other way.

Rovers were 9-2 to go down on Skybet in June and 16-1 to finish rock bottom.

Now then lets get back on topic about an inept manager installed at long odds against everyones wishes. Now overseeing a team who's sold all it's best players, reinvested virtually nothing and the manager has had to plug the holes with youth and mostly raw kids on loan..........

Someone somewhere is taking the pizz !

Now then lets get back on topic about an inept manager installed at long odds against everyones wishes. Now overseeing a team who's sold all it's best players, reinvested virtually nothing and the manager has had to plug the holes with youth and mostly raw kids on loan..........

Current favourites according to most bookies, no surprise there

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

We where also 100/1 for successive relegations.

I did shout up, when it comes to Rovers very mysteriously the big odds seem to happen.

No doubt there has been all manner of chicanery at Rovers since the Slum Dogs rolled up. However, the question remains, why sack Bowyer unceremoniously and bring in a respected coaching team if there's a wider conspiracy to bury the club?

No doubt there has been all manner of chicanery at Rovers since the Slum Dogs rolled up. However, the question remains, why sack Bowyer unceremoniously and bring in a respected coaching team if there's a wider conspiracy to bury the club?

Plan B C

So that people ask that very question? An easy attempt at looking like it's misguided rather than sinister.

Look at it though - they didn't talk to him, they didn't really give him any of the Rhodes money to spend - it seems the clearest case of constructive dismissal imo, and shows they didn't really want him to succeed at all.

So that people ask that very question? An easy attempt at looking like it's misguided rather than sinister.

Well, that's awfully convenient.

I guess they sacked Appleton for the same reason, because he was definitely taking us down.

Look at it though - they didn't talk to him, they didn't really give him any of the Rhodes money to spend - it seems the clearest case of constructive dismissal imo, and shows they didn't really want him to succeed at all.

Yes, Rhodes. That's another good point. Let's break the bank on a striker whose goals arguably kept us in this division and resist numerous approaches for him, but still conspire to sink the club into the lower leagues. How does that work?

Well, that's awfully convenient.

I guess they sacked Appleton for the same reason, because he was definitely taking us down.

Yes, Rhodes. That's another good point. Let's break the bank on a striker whose goals arguably kept us in this division and resist numerous approaches for him, but still conspire to sink the club into the lower leagues. How does that work?

'Plans' change, don't you think?

I saw to a mate who I had not seen for a 3 yrs or so , he like me rarely goes on ....Lambert was to sell Rhodes and get 50% for players next season , seemingly Venkys were running scared that relegation with Bowyer and Rhodes would be worthless , more or less....How true ? dont know but some of it fits ...

Three huge mistakes.

1) you assume they are sane

2) try looking this through the eyes of a betting syndicate just as an odd ball it would never happen, could it? exercise

3) Even if you have no mind it doesn't mean that you don't do what the last person you spoke to told you to...

Archived