BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

You keep talking about community Neal, well a local business asked him to open their new premises and he was more than willing to do so with a few of the players. I know the owner was happy they were coming out. Coyle is doing what you want - getting involved with the community! I find the whole Burnley thing - which surfaced at Leeds on Tuesday amazing. I assume many of those giving him abuse for his Burnley connections forget that Rovers fans got behind the likes of Roy Stephenson, Wally Joyce, John Connelly, Adam Blacklaw, Johnny Price etc. - all ex-Clarets who became firm favourites at Ewood.

Pardon, you're better than falling for the Burnley line. People don't like him because he's a rubbish manager. If someone offered me Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche as manager, I'd snatch their hands off!!

Pardon, you're better than falling for the Burnley line. People don't like him because he's a rubbish manager. If someone offered me Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche as manager, I'd snatch their hands off!!

I take it you weren't at Elland Road on Tuesday. You and I might only have a problem with Coyle because he isn't very good, but believe me the Burnley connection is a major thing for some of our supporters and why any manager with a Burnley connection is never going to be accepted by some.

I find the Dingle thing very frustrating, I personally couldn't give a monkeys, in fact, that he had success down t'M65 (a lifetime ago, granted) was the only slight (very slight) positive I could think of.

Many fans obviously think the same, indeed at the Blakey's meeting he wasn't mentioned once, an insignificant individual.

However Parson is correct, and I know who some of the main culprits are- a certain group who have only recently joined the Venky's Out movement, and I would wager that they have only finally seen the light because we appointed that 'Dingle b******'.

I take it you weren't at Elland Road on Tuesday. You and I might only have a problem with Coyle because he isn't very good, but believe me the Burnley connection is a major thing for some of our supporters and why any manager with a Burnley connection is never going to be accepted by some.

Not sure what you expect. There are a lot of managers out there. Absolutely no need to recruit a perennial failure in Coyle with Burnley links to boot just to irritate. Whilst the owners remain the much bigger issue, damaging fan moral whilst boosting Coyle's pension for abject failure is simply not on.

This is a bit like getting annoyed because a neighbour said your house had been robbed instead of burgled.

What a load of bull - this is football we are talking about and all part of the banter .

If he does well fair enough but if not there is not usually much more fans can use as there armoury.

For me it's not the Bumleh connection - more so what he said about us whilst he was there and at notlob and just his record is terrible

Which is basically what I said.

Banter? That's for when things are going well.

Which is one of the reasons his position was untenable from Day One.

Had he made a decent start, the Burnley connection would've been glossed over.

Brian Clough managed to win the Forest fans over having won the league with their deadliest rivals.

Not sure what you expect. There are a lot of managers out there. Absolutely no need to recruit a perennial failure in Coyle with Burnley links to boot just to irritate. Whilst the owners remain the much bigger issue, damaging fan moral whilst boosting Coyle's pension for abject failure is simply not on.

Plus he's not won a league game yet, we are bottom and we've been largely awful or ineffective. He deserves stick.

We've lost talent but still he deserves criticism - as long as it's not that disgusting song about 500 of our fans used to sing about him, particularly at Bolton away!

You keep talking about community Neal, well a local business asked him to open their new premises and he was more than willing to do so with a few of the players. I know the owner was happy they were coming out. Coyle is doing what you want - getting involved with the community! I find the whole Burnley thing - which surfaced at Leeds on Tuesday amazing. I assume many of those giving him abuse for his Burnley connections forget that Rovers fans got behind the likes of Roy Stephenson, Wally Joyce, John Connelly, Adam Blacklaw, Johnny Price etc. - all ex-Clarets who became firm favourites at Ewood.

In my opinion Parson you are missing the most important fact from your argument - he is the football manager, probably the single most important person at the club and generally the public face of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. The others were players and in no way had the same impact. His appointment was incendiary for an already fractious fan base and for me it goes down as the worst appointment in my Rovers watching lifetime. Aside from that he is at the poor end of poor as a football manager. He needs to feed his humongous ego and opening hairdressers (or whatever) is a part of this. Out of all the excellent managers we have had how many felt the need to do this to try and curry favour amongst the supporters.

In my opinion Parson you are missing the most important fact from your argument - he is the football manager, probably the single most important person at the club and generally the public face of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. The others were players and in no way had the same impact. His appointment was incendiary for an already fractious fan base and for me it goes down as the worst appointment in my Rovers watching lifetime. Aside from that he is at the poor end of poor as a football manager. He needs to feed his humongous ego and opening hairdressers (or whatever) is a part of this. Out of all the excellent managers we have had how many felt the need to do this to try and curry favour amongst the supporters.

I can think of every manager, going back to Jack Marshall, who has done community events when asked. Bottom line is that the manager and players went to a community event. Can you imagine the uproar on here if they had refused?

I can think of every manager, going back to Jack Marshall, who has done community events when asked. Bottom line is that the manager and players went to a community event. Can you imagine the uproar on here if they had refused?

I never mentioned players. I honestly don't remember too many managers opening small businesses. I have seen them at club and football related events but not opening hairdressers.

My point about the figurehead of the club being Coyle is the more pertinent however.

Did Kean? I remember he went to see his postman once in hospital after he collapsed from exhaustion but that was hardly a community event.

Arbitro, surely Kean was the worst ever appointment for Rovers? As dire as Coyle is turning out to be (predictably) Keans arrival / placement signified the end of an era.

Did Kean? I remember he went to see his postman once in hospital after he collapsed from exhaustion but that was hardly a community event.

Arbitro, surely Kean was the worst ever appointment for Rovers? As dire as Coyle is turning out to be (predictably) Keans arrival / placement signified the end of an era.

I should have made it clearer Bob that I meant at the time of the appointments. Kean was an unknown at the time and there wasn't too much fuss when he got the job. Of course history now tells us everything about him. The appointment of Coyle was incendiary and was the tipping point for lots of long suffering fans.

and there is the elitist ,snobbery super fan post again.

I should have made it clearer Bob that I meant at the time of the appointments. Kean was an unknown at the time and there wasn't too much fuss when he got the job. Of course history now tells us everything about him. The appointment of Coyle was incendiary and was the tipping point for lots of long suffering fans.

Fair play, now I've re-read your original post I can see where you're coming from. No one in their right mind would have appointed Oh Crap purely on his track record alone. You'd think anyone with any knowledge would have pointed out that his appointment wouldn't be well received in all quarters due to his history. Oh and of course his agent links.

Fair play, now I've re-read your original post I can see where you're coming from. No one in their right mind would have appointed Oh Crap purely on his track record alone. You'd think anyone with any knowledge would have pointed out that his appointment wouldn't be well received in all quarters due to his history. Oh and of course his agent links.

And possibly darker forces too Bob. A few years ago I got a call from a friend who is in the football industry on New Years Day. He told me Coyle was going to Bolton and it wasn't going to be announced for a couple of days and to get a wedge on it. Lots of people made significant amounts out of this as there was a belief that Coyle wouldn't leave Burnley where he had God like status. As it happens I don't gamble but we all know what happened next.

I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess that lots of people made money at the bookies out of Coyle being amazingly appointed as our manager.

That's one of the things I really don't get with this theory - they know SEM and the like screwed them yet use their client as manager/take advice from them. No one is that stupid to know they've been hoodwinked and continue to trust that person.

It'd make sense if they didn't know the agents etc. were giving crap advice, but they do know, and they have seen the results. No matter how stupid someone is there is no way that they continue to trust someone in those circumstances.

Perhaps a better analogy for my POV is like a business man who gets a financial advisor who turns out to be dodgy and unethically makes a load of money from the client's business in a dodgy manner. When the owner finds out he realises he can't risk all being revealed and thinks the only way for him to make any money out of the venture himself is by continuing the unethical/dodgy business practices that the financial advisor instigated.

There is a rake of investors and they're all in it up to their pits including the dumbsters ^_^

And possibly darker forces too Bob. A few years ago I got a call from a friend who is in the football industry on New Years Day. He told me Coyle was going to Bolton and it wasn't going to be announced for a couple of days and to get a wedge on it. Lots of people made significant amounts out of this as there was a belief that Coyle wouldn't leave Burnley where he had God like status. As it happens I don't gamble but we all know what happened next.

I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess that lots of people made money at the bookies out of Coyle being amazingly appointed as our manager.

Do bookies give out or publish info on what they won or lost on certain events?

I remember Don Mackay making the players run to Darwen tower up LBR and Heys Lane then back down the A666 after Sunnyhurst. Still waiting for that to happen again.......

He's getting stick because he's useless, the slur is used because its easy and he managed burnley.

He's not getting stick because he managed burnley alone, and I think you know that :wacko:

As was pointed out before he came, his managerial record is absolutely abysmal, I remember one poster trying to convince me it wasn't as bad as it looked because he was sacked at Wigan when they were mid table!

Thankfully he's now woken up!

He would have been sacked at burnley and at Houston given a bit more time, the mans not a manager, he's a ex-footballer pretending to be a manager and should be nowhere near this basket case of a club, even in its current plight, thats how bad he is.

Do bookies give out or publish info on what they won or lost on certain events?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest Arbitro, all it needed was a clear favourite, someone to speak to the press and say it was on for them. Step forward 'Colin'. In all fairness he was probably just being used. Then again...

I doubt these are UK based bookies AW.

Archived