BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

It's clearly been the plan for some time now. Lambert coming in and wanting to actually buy some good players alongside renewing contracts for the decent players we have left must have enraged Venky's. No wonder they stopped talking to him.

they never started according to my mates lad who was chatting to him.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

they never started according to my mates lad who was chatting to him.

From what I can deduce he had some contact with them before he took the job, but none once he was actually in situ. They wouldn't even meet Bowyer at the end so maybe there's more to it than just Lambert irritating them.

My opinion of Coyle has changed today since his endorsement of Lowe as a possible Rovers Captain...........its gone down much further. Little doubt remains in my mind that Coyle is in cahoots with the Vs and their wish to make Rovers suffer a very slow and painful death. Hate is far to mild a word for my feelings towards Pune.

From someone I know pretty well, who worked with him, Coyle, I believe he is is a bully and an egotist. He may well wind a few people up, once the going gets tough as it inevitably will. Unless he gets off to a terrific start, he is on a hiding to nothing. All he has done so far is waffle in my opinion and we have already had the king of that very art, during the last 5 years.

So far, he has not won a single point for the club, so not too sure how anyone has changed their mind on him. Perhaps the king of spin is winning his mind games with the fans, so far. This could all change come the big kick off, when the heat will be ramped up ten fold.

He won't know till he plays them. Nobody can predict how a player will react moving from the stiffs to the 1st team. Some float, some sink,.regardless of their footballing ability.

Oh come on think that's your daftest post to date.

1 ability kind of matters. Admittedly not the sole determinant but it does make a difference as to how they do. To say otherwise is daft. Lowe has great attitude and athleticism but will never play for barca or a top premiership club due to limited ability.

2 of course a manager can have an idea how a youth player will do being moved up. Performances at previous level is one indicator. Managers assess and judge this kind of thing all the time hence why there's not mass weekly fails as youth players are played and fail to make the grade.

Heck even your average Joe like you and me could watch a reserve game and have a decent idea how a player will do.

Obviously it's not 100% guaranteed but it's far from the mystery you say it is.

• 1 month later...

The power of hindsight!

Saying that, coyle was still a poor choice. Still only the second experienced manager we've hired in 6 years despite sacking/losing 7 is it?

Soon to be 8?

Can't help but partially feel sorry for the sheer lack of quality we posses. Few glints of light blown away by amateur defending.

Saturday is must win and I don't think I can stomach it tbf

The power of hindsight!

Frustrating comment. People who had the foresight to see that he would be crap were called negative, now they are being proven not only right but optimistic it "well it's great in hindsight".

Spent force, busted flush, one trick pony - choose your cliché. Plenty saw this coming from a mile off, and were dismissed.

He's come in overseen the release of a load of players, signed a load of freebies and raw lads on loan to plug some of the holes and overseen the sale of another 10 million worth of regulars.

If he leaves tomorrow some might say he's done what he was hired for.

Frustrating comment. People who had the foresight to see that he would be crap were called negative, now they are being proven not only right but optimistic it "well it's great in hindsight".

Spent force, busted flush, one trick pony - choose your cliché. Plenty saw this coming from a mile off, and were dismissed.

J Bizz said he'd judge him after 10 games!

Archived