BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

If that's the view held by the boycotters, then as a season ticket holder and supporter of the company (your words), I might as well not bother partaking in the 1875 initiative.

You do what you want Aggy. What's the point in fans paying their money, sitting through all the games without a whimper and refusing to take even the smallest gesture of of protest - then coming on here moaning about the owners and everything to do with the club or team?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do what you want Aggy. What's the point in fans paying their money, sitting through all the games without a whimper and refusing to take even the smallest gesture of of protest - then coming on here moaning about the owners and everything to do with the club or team?

Fans don't sit there without a whimper. There's lots of Venky's out chanting.

What else do you want us to do?

What do you do on a weekly basis?

Fans don't sit there without a whimper.

Come on Aggy, most of them do.

What else do you want us to do?

Like I said, do what you want.

What do you do on a weekly basis?

Stay away.

I've also offered to come to the ground if help is needed to distribute leaflets, then go home again. If any kind of external protests are organised I'll go there as well.

But the point is aimed at the fans who won't do anything at all. I don't understand them, but if that's how they feel then fine, but don't keep complaining about performances and dropping down the leagues.

But the point is aimed at the fans who won't do anything at all. I don't understand them,

Your point was aimed at all fans who support the team (you said company)

I hope there doesn't come a day when few enough fans turn up to enable Venky's to use the excuse that the people of Blackburn don't want to support a football club and resign from the league.

The asset stripping would really take off then and there would be no going back.

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

I agree that I don't see 1875 will achieve anything towards getting us new owners or pushing the current owners out.

But it will achieve something. It will demonstrate the depth of feeling of fans and the number of fans that feel the same.

Right now your refusal to subscribe to this idea will show that there is only a minority how actually way Venkys to leave.

Sadly, you do understand this but choose to view it as a means to an end to get rid of Venkys - which nobody is actually saying, except those people who want to use that as an excuse not to stand up for something. Both literally and figuratively.

I agree with the poster who said this is likely to divide the fanbase. I agree. It will be difficult to forgive those people who did nothing and watched Venkys destroy our club. Even after being asked to help.

surely we already know somewhat the depth of feelings from the fans towards the owners. especially from this messageboard and twitter.

You only have to look at the facebook groups that have 5/6k members that a lot do not know what is going on behind the scenes or they won't accept it when you try to educate them some fans still defend venkys it is the way it is. Coyle is now the best thing since sliced bread to some after the weekend.

Until WAR actually get active and engage the fan base on a consistent basis the in ground protests like 1875 will sadly fail. They should have been outside the ground dishing out flyers at the Rotherham game stipulating key info and planned action.

As for 1875 I am still undecided as to what to do, as I agree with Parsonsblue I do not personally think it will achieve anything, the moment built up prior to the meeting has been lost..

Agree about the facebook groups and the WAR comments.

I'm the same about what to do about the 1875 protest. I agree that it wont effect the owners one bit. Very much any fan actions in the UK will affected them. The moment since the meeting has been massively lost and I doubt it will come back

You know more than I do then.

Nobody has passed on any information regarding what is due to happen

This is a biggest problem, a total lack of information out there about the protest and the reasons behind it.

was talking to a couple of people yesterday who didn't have a clue about the protest or even the leaked documents.

So why can't you behind the protest as a one off and put your personal feeling aside for the greater cause? I even offered to buy you a ticket, so the finance element is bull.

very good point. the 1875 group are asking us to miss part of the game so why don't the protest group agree to attend the game on the 18 minutes and leave on 75 minutes?

Maybe it's point of view - but the most divisive thing I have seen here is this idea that people still support the owners if they don't partake in one aspect of protest.

exactly. it is a personal choice for each and every fan to make. No-one should be pushed or pressured into anything they do want to do

If that's the view held by the boycotters, then as a season ticket holder and supporter of the company (your words), I might as well not bother partaking in the 1875 initiative.

very true

What all this means is that if someone showed you a way of actually getting rid, you probably wouldn't do it because there would of course be no guarantees. You'd justify carrying on as you are because nothing will stop you enjoying your football at Ewood. Until suddenly there is no club, nothing but memories to share with your kids. Now we all know that probably won't happen, but you never know, just as you never know a protest will have any effect on anyone. But it seems to me that carrying on as though all is normal just isn't a real option any more and you have to make some kind of stand, whatever it is.

And before anyone tells me off for bullying Chaddy, I'll go and not be back for a few weeks. Bye all

What all this means is that if someone showed you a way of actually getting rid, you probably wouldn't do it because there would of course be no guarantees. You'd justify carrying on as you are because nothing will stop you enjoying your football at Ewood. Until suddenly there is no club, nothing but memories to share with your kids. Now we all know that probably won't happen, but you never know, just as you never know a protest will have any effect on anyone. But it seems to me that carrying on as though all is normal just isn't a real option any more and you have to make some kind of stand, whatever it is.

Part of the problem with the 18/75 is, as far as I am aware, there hasn't been any details announced. Is anyone taking ownership of it to help spread the word? Apart from a couple of snippets after the meeting in town, I've not seen it mentioned other than on here.

I said it yesterday, if you got the local councillors and an ex player ( say Savage for arguments sake) both saying why they backed the protest, you would get news coverage. Get it front page of the LT and I believe it would convert the undecided people to feel they could join in.

It would never happen but if Shearer and Tugay both said that they believe the protest was a good idea and should be supported, how much weight would that carry.

At the moment it is all too underground.

Your point was aimed at all fans who support the team (you said company)

I hope there doesn't come a day when few enough fans turn up to enable Venky's to use the excuse that the people of Blackburn don't want to support a football club and resign from the league.

The asset stripping would really take off then and there would be no going back.

I'm a bit confused here. I thought that the attenders were not taking part in any protest because it would have no effect on the owners whatsoever? Parson, Chaddy and Meadows have all said that.

Are you now saying that boycotts would have massive effects and cause Venkys to close the club down?

Rovers FC here we come then.

The whole point of a protest is to present a united front against the injustice that has befallen your club. It doesn't matter if you think it won't make one iota of difference, it's about making a statement and raising awareness of our plight. If you don't want to take part, that's your call, but it means you're giving tacit approval to the past six years whether you like it or not.

So Chaddy doesn't understand the reasons behind the protest .. I give up I really really do. He's either stupid , deluded or just on a WUM again.Do nowt loses your right to say owt

Does he actually say that anywhere though ?

He says he doesn't think it will make any difference to the owners.

As we all know they don't listen or care about the fans , but for me I don't think it will make a difference to the owners ( whoever they are :blink: ) but it will be a statement of intent and direction and possibly start a snowball effect or ripple the waves to questions and possibly open the can of worms and get through to people/authority who can actually make a difference or change

Things have to be tried - trial and error - but we cannot give up

All for one and one for all

Roverteers!

Its something different

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

If enough people did it.. it would achieve recognition and send out a clear message.

It worked for Liverpool.

Yes, yes they are of huge media interest and Rovers wouldn't command anywhere near the coverage, but any coverage Rovers get highlighting the current plight is vital.

I'm not having a dig, but your acceptance of Rovers slow death is as baffling as it is concerning.

You, of all people should know what the club means to the loyal fanbase, and the positivity it brings the club and town.

In my opinion, before too much longer, interrupting/ delaying the game will quickly become the focus, if the peaceful methods aren't followed.

No I didnt but yet again certain people just make stuff up as per usual

My point about the lack of information about 1875 protest to other fans who dont use social media or this website and how you reach them through media and other forms.

That was a reply to post made by aggyblue

Nobody has passed on any information regarding what is due to happen

• Moderation Lead

I agree that I don't see 1875 will achieve anything towards getting us new owners or pushing the current owners out.

That isn't the point, it's about highlighting our situation to the media. We had some momentum leading up to the open meeting, then very frustratingly it has been lost for a host of reasons which are pretty clear. It's about showing solidarity with fellow fans. It's absolutely no wonder there's no unity when people won't miss half an hour of football for the greater good.

As we all know they don't listen or care about the fans , but for me I don't think it will make a difference to the owners ( whoever they are :blink: ) but it will be a statement of intent and direction and possibly start a snowball effect or ripple the waves to questions and possibly open the can of worms and get through to people/authority who can actually make a difference or change

Things have to be tried - trial and error - but we cannot give up

All for one and one for all

Roverteers!

Its something different

Completely agree it needs to be tried. But as Chaddy says there is little information out there about the 18/75 protest.

Looking at websites, Twitter and Facebook - neither WAR, Rovers Trust, BRAG or Ewood blues have any info or mention of the protest. The only site to carry any info on it is www.venkysout.com

Surely those groups should be publicising it.

That isn't the point, it's about highlighting our situation to the media. We had some momentum leading up to the open meeting, then very frustratingly it has been lost for a host of reasons which are pretty clear. It's about showing solidarity with fellow fans. It's absolutely no wonder there's no unity when people won't miss half an hour of football for the greater good.

Again I agree. But the everyday fan that doesn't do Facebook or BRFCS needs to have it explained what the goals are.

A the moment it seems to be people think it's designed to embarrass the owners into leaving.

Couldn't sum it up better than this.

It's clear some fans are happy to see the destruction what has been caused.

They will be the first ones celebrating though when they've gone.

Exactly this. We will look like an absolute joke on telly. If the majority of fans don't care then why should the media help us out?

It will more or less kill the 'Venky's out' movement dead in it's tracks.

• Backroom

There is a real divide between a certain section of the fanbase and those organising protests. I would go as far as to say that some of our fans see the protesters as a greater evil than Venky's. For the record, I am not accusing Parson or Chaddy of feeling that way, but from what I've seen on twitter and facebook there seems to be a sizable portion of fans who are reveling in being able to claim top fan status during this period of decline. The protests and protesters are a barrier to that goal and so they, in some cases quite aggressively, rally against any action that is being taken to try and get rid of Venky's.

These are fractures in the fanbase that, imo, go back to the Allardyce/Trust days and were set in stone during the Kean era. It will be almost impossible to reconcile these two groups, so it is perhaps better to ignore those who have no interest in the club beyond match day and instead focus on those who do want to make a difference. Anybody who doesn't want to protest by this point will most likely never want to, it's a lost cause.

As strange as it sounds Ewood Park isn't probably the best place for a protest these days as it is full of people who are accepting of the clubs current plight and setup....ergo by paying to enter they are thusly supporting and accepting the current regime even if they do not like venkys or coyle.

I feel its gone beyond hope and only a final painful outcome will see new ownership.

I'm a bit confused here. I thought that the attenders were not taking part in any protest because it would have no effect on the owners whatsoever? Parson, Chaddy and Meadows have all said that.

Are you now saying that boycotts would have massive effects and cause Venkys to close the club down?

Rovers FC here we come then.

Come on, you're a better poster than this. Do I really need to answer?

You know damn well some posters have said they don't think it will have any effect so they're not taking part. That doesn't mean all attendees wont, obviously some are prepared to join in.

More boycotters and there could be a reaction from Venky's (as you know).

The trouble with Venky's is they are unpredictable (as you know) and if they are still here for spiteful reasons anything could happen.

How vivid is your imagination?

Resigning from the league and leaving Ewood idle but stripping the place bare, selling the car parks, BRIC and Brockhall is the worst scenario I can come up with at the moment.

Archived