BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

But it will achieve something. It will demonstrate the depth of feeling of fans and the number of fans that feel the same.

Right now your refusal to subscribe to this idea will show that there is only a minority how actually way Venkys to leave.

Sadly, you do understand this but choose to view it as a means to an end to get rid of Venkys - which nobody is actually saying, except those people who want to use that as an excuse not to stand up for something. Both literally and figuratively.

I agree with the poster who said this is likely to divide the fanbase. I agree. It will be difficult to forgive those people who did nothing and watched Venkys destroy our club. Even after being asked to help.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit like when the closed shop was outlawed. The people who were prepared to stand up and fight back against unscrupulous bosses were derided by those that weren't. They WERE happy to share in any kind of benefits though.

Once again Stuart you twist words. I don't believe that the 1875 will achieve anything therefore I won't be supporting it.

Lies. You said you wouldn't take part even if it would force Venky's out. Don't act like this is a matter of efficacy.

• Moderation Lead

It's incredibly disappointing that fans can't show some solidarity with other fans over something so vitally important as highlighting our plight to the press. It's not about whether we agree with something or not. Such a powerful message could be sent if a simple half an hour of football was missed for the greater good.

I find this whole thing lack of unity incredibly disappointing and to be honest, depressing.

The Rovers Fans will absolve themselves of any blame Stuart, just like they did in the early protest days . They are elitist , snobby , ostrich super fans.

With that sort of attitude is it any wonder that many fans don't want to know about protests.

Lies. You said you wouldn't take part even if it would force Venky's out. Don't act like this is a matter of efficacy.

Another Lie. I said if I thought it would change the ownership I would participate - I don't, so I won't. But I'm pleased that you are coming to Ewood to take part in the protest.

It's coming to the stage where enough is enough and that the super fans can have it all and blow smoke up the venkyscums arses

There's only one person on here who seems to consider himself a superfan and it's not Parsonblue.

There are probably 1000 fans, if that, who know what has happened but still think boycotting or protesting is the wrong course of action like PB (and fair enough, everyone is allowed to have an opinion). There are about 5000 who don't read this messageboard, don't read Twitter and have no idea what has really been going on. And if they did know, they would probably join in protesting or boycotting or whatever they decide they ought to do. Those are the people everybody ought to be directing their energy towards, educate everyone who isn't as in the loop rather than wasting time criticising those who do know what is going on but disagree with you on how to sort it out.

You only have to look at the facebook groups that have 5/6k members that a lot do not know what is going on behind the scenes or they won't accept it when you try to educate them some fans still defend venkys it is the way it is. Coyle is now the best thing since sliced bread to some after the weekend.

Until WAR actually get active and engage the fan base on a consistent basis the in ground protests like 1875 will sadly fail. They should have been outside the ground dishing out flyers at the Rotherham game stipulating key info and planned action.

As for 1875 I am still undecided as to what to do, as I agree with Parsonsblue I do not personally think it will achieve anything, the moment built up prior to the meeting has been lost..

There are about 15000 lost / boycotting fans.

Abbey is one. I am one.

There are about 8000 attending fans.

At the meeting in Blakeys the majority of the room (by show of hands and surprising to me) were those still attending.

The 1875 initiative came from that meeting so its fair to expect that most of those people will lead the 1875 protest amongst the 8000.

It is for WAR to promote the protest amongst those 8000. Communicate, Educate. After all, the leaders of BRAG and EB are all attendees.

Success or Failure will be down to how effective they are between that meeting and the Wolves game.

I don't expect many boycotters to buy tickets for that game as it goes against the principle of boycotting.

I would expect many to be outside the ground though.

These people already protest EVERY match by not going.

Footnote

There was a good turnout at Blakeys due to a unity in feelings towards a common cause and a wish to do something...anything...

I wonder how many would turn up tomorrow to the second meeting if there ever is one?

Id turn up to a real protest meeting not the pathetic thing its turned into.

To me its turned into a Rovers trust lead initiative to get on the board, yes I get that they want to be professional in terms of statements etc that can be done behind the scenes, but that doesn't stop you organising action and coordinated protests, organising a consistent and coordinated effort to keep the pressure up on the regime, this should have been WAR's first goal. Other fan pressure groups seem to be able to mobilise and act in short notice why can't WAR.

There are about 15000 lost / boycotting fans.

Abbey is one. I am one.

There are about 8000 attending fans.

At the meeting in Blakeys the majority of the room (by show of hands and surprising to me) were those still attending.

The 1875 initiative came from that meeting so its fair to expect that most of those people will lead the 1875 protest amongst the 8000.

It is for WAR to promote the protest amongst those 8000. Communicate, Educate. After all, the leaders of BRAG and EB are all attendees.

Success or Failure will be down to how effective they are between that meeting and the Wolves game.

I don't expect many boycotters to buy tickets for that game as it goes against the principle of boycotting.

I would expect many to be outside the ground though.

These people already protest EVERY match by not going.

Footnote

There was a good turnout at Blakeys due to a unity in feelings towards a common cause and a wish to do something...anything...

I wonder how many would turn up tomorrow to the second meeting if there ever is one?

I am interested in a protest outside the ground as a boycotter.

Who is going to organise this?

I appreciate it is some way off, but there needs to be a groundswell of numbers. None of this will make a jot unless it gets significant publicity.

There needs to be a pledge, get the numbers moving, just so other fans of whatever persuasion know they won't be on their own.

Just as if we got 25,000 Rovers fans to go [which will never happen], 50 protesters outside is meaningless. 500 -1000 would be worth it?

Whilst those at the "top" preach patience, I am one of those that feels momentum has waned without information.

It's incredibly disappointing that fans can't show some solidarity with other fans over something so vitally important as highlighting our plight to the press. It's not about whether we agree with something or not. Such a powerful message could be sent if a simple half an hour of football was missed for the greater good.

I find this whole thing lack of unity incredibly disappointing and to be honest, depressing.

Yea me too. When the plan was return in thousands and protest yet people won't break their boycott because of their own personal choice!

Can I suggest a properly organised protest is...erm...organised ?

I.e. Meeting point and time before game. Attendees and Boycotters side by side.

As 3pm comes boycotters protest outside. Attendees go in and do their 1875 protest.

It doesn't sound difficult to agree this doesn't affect anybody's personal choices and could be affective.

We already have people in place to organise this plus a number of people who put themselves forward, asking to be involved.

Action Group. Clue in the name.

Ewood Blues. Came up with the 1875

Glen Mullan. Wants to be involved and has all the experience and lots of support. Needs to be involved.

Madon. Shown by Action, not words, he can get things done.

Others Crying out for ACTION

I think this is what is needed now. Co-ordinate the various factions into one plan.

Can one of our prominant fans please step forward and spearhead this?

I'm tired of reading all the squabbling. I'm tired of reading GAV say he would come up and protest if only there was a protest. I'm tired of the word WAR...mods please can we ban it? Forget the trust. Forget Wild. Forget WAR.

Can we please just organise a joined up plan now, which includes Birdy's 1875, includes Abbey, includes whistles and beachballs, inspires Gav, allows people to decide which bits of it they will do or not do without a problem...

?

?

?

Maybe it's already organised or part organised. In which case only the communication is lacking...

Aye you da man

Do you see the point what I'm making though ABBEY? You see people not taking part as "supportive" of Venkys, whilst it's just as easy to see those who refuse to turn up doing the exact same thing, or incapable of showing unity with others! Madons video is a prime example, how many "boycotters" are yet to send a video, it should be well into the thousands!

We don't need to focus on telling Venkys we want them out. Attendance shows what people think of their reign. My opinion is we should aiming to show the world that this is a club that can't and won't be broken by a poor owner, dodgy agents, ignorant authorities and just pure apathy!

The message of "Venkys out" is the correct one but should be bigger - target authorities, league officials, MPs, social media. The action has got to be all inclusive of views. We aren't going to convince everyone that protests in the ground will work - I'll never be persuaded into thinking that disruption is anything but negative, and an excuse for the players and manager.

Do you see the point what I'm making though ABBEY? You see people not taking part as "supportive" of Venkys, whilst it's just as easy to see those who refuse to turn up doing the exact same thing, or incapable of showing unity with others! Madons video is a prime example, how many "boycotters" are yet to send a video, it should be well into the thousands!

We don't need to focus on telling Venkys we want them out. Attendance shows what people think of their reign. My opinion is we should aiming to show the world that this is a club that can't and won't be broken by a poor owner, dodgy agents, ignorant authorities and just pure apathy!

The message of "Venkys out" is the correct one but should be bigger - target authorities, league officials, MPs, social media. The action has got to be all inclusive of views. We aren't going to convince everyone that protests in the ground will work - I'll never be persuaded into thinking that disruption is anything but negative, and an excuse for the players and manager.

Nah JB. That's just waffle.

Sounds to me like you're trying to justify non action. If you or anyone else doesn't like what's happening to the club then actually do something about it. Isn't that the bottom line? Don't complain about the situation while doing absolutely nothing about it.

Nah JB. That's just waffle.

Sounds to me like you're trying to justify non action. If you or anyone else doesn't like what's happening to the club then actually do something about it. Isn't that the bottom line? Don't complain about the situation while doing absolutely nothing about it.

Unity isn't just a word Den, it's a state of feeling, emotion. Do I feel unified with those who won't return for a one off to show potential buyers what they could have?

Nope. Since that was part of Birdys idea, I don't understand the difference between people who refuse to do that and others who don't want to walk early or arrive late?

Same thing, different day here and that's probably why the fans wil never unite. It's all about the inability to accept others views.

Archived