BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Has Your Opinion Changed On Coyle?

surely we already know somewhat the depth of feelings from the fans towards the owners. especially from this messageboard and twitter.

I keep being told that this mb is a minority.

This is a chance to demonstrate that it isn't.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree it needs to be tried. But as Chaddy says there is little information out there about the 18/75 protest.

Looking at websites, Twitter and Facebook - neither WAR, Rovers Trust, BRAG or Ewood blues have any info or mention of the protest. The only site to carry any info on it is www.venkysout.com

Surely those groups should be publicising it.

Again I agree. But the everyday fan that doesn't do Facebook or BRFCS needs to have it explained what the goals are.

A the moment it seems to be people think it's designed to embarrass the owners into leaving.

Totally agree with you here Hasta and that is the worry for me that it will lose momentum hence the need to try and get as many on board to the idea.

As Stuart has said its a chance which at least is something we now need to try take advantage of

Regarding the lack of information, I thought a leaflet was being organised and somebody had offered to get them printed/distributed to

tens of thousands of households in the Blackburn area.

Is anything happening on this, ? I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to help in the funding.

Best idea to highlight the leaked document stuff and protest etc., mass leafleting works in my experience, as long as the headline is punchy,

folk will read it.

Does he actually say that anywhere though ?

He says he doesn't think it will make any difference to the owners.

No I didn't say that.

I have commented on the lack of information out there on non social media ways to people who don't used this website or social media websites.

I don't think any actions in the UK by fans will have any influence on the owners. They are in India and away from UK spotlight. I have always said the best way is through the Indian Media like through their cricket games

That isn't the point, it's about highlighting our situation to the media. We had some momentum leading up to the open meeting, then very frustratingly it has been lost for a host of reasons which are pretty clear. It's about showing solidarity with fellow fans. It's absolutely no wonder there's no unity when people won't miss half an hour of football for the greater good.

doesn't the media already knew the situation? in all fairness

I agreed we have some momentum leading up to the open meeting and then after the meeting its gone very quite and there is lack of information out there about the protest and the reasons behind it to non members of this site or social media.

Completely agree it needs to be tried. But as Chaddy says there is little information out there about the 18/75 protest.

Looking at websites, Twitter and Facebook - neither WAR, Rovers Trust, BRAG or Ewood blues have any info or mention of the protest. The only site to carry any info on it is www.venkysout.com

Surely those groups should be publicising it.

Again I agree. But the everyday fan that doesn't do Facebook or BRFCS needs to have it explained what the goals are.

A the moment it seems to be people think it's designed to embarrass the owners into leaving.

Exactly. I agree, the board/people in charge of WAR needs to be out there explaining the reasons for the 1875 protest to people who haven't heard about the protest or the reasons behind it

I keep being told that this mb is a minority.

This is a chance to demonstrate that it isn't.

How many members does this messageboard have? around 400/500 members. of those members how many of current season ticket holders maybe 100/150. we currently roughly 8500 season tickets

• Moderation Lead

doesn't the media already knew the situation? in all fairness

I agreed we have some momentum leading up to the open meeting and then after the meeting its gone very quite and there is lack of information out there about the protest and the reasons behind it to non members of this site or social media.

That's the thing though. Way back when, I'm sure you can remember Steve Kean was able to say 1% of the fan base was unhappy due to the numbers protesting, it will be the same again if we get low numbers participating in the '18 75'. It will be assumed that only a minority are unhappy if only a minority participate.

It's incredibly frustrating to see just how much momentum we picked up, for this to have stalled very heavily since the open floor meeting.

I honestly don't see why some fans object to the 18/75 protest.

People worried they're gonna miss 30mins of total football?

Don't want to turn their back on the latest batch of mercenaries?

Or maybe Parson's worried he won't be able to give a full match report for once.

Or maybe Parson's worried he won't be able to give a full match report for once.

As I said Amarillo, I'm just glad that you are coming up to make a rare visit to Ewood to participate in the protest. Good on you for doing that. You may not have noticed but I stopped doing the match reports early last season.

Is that the only comeback you've got?

He skirts the issue, when he's no real comeback.

Starting to think he just likes take the polar opposite view.

Reminiscent of tiresome unrelenting hero worship of Bowyer.

As I said before, the acceptance of Rovers demise and slow death is hard to understand, as someone who travels the country in support.

I used to, like many others, but the realisation is heartbreaking

How many members does this messageboard have? around 400/500 members. of those members how many of current season ticket holders maybe 100/150. we currently roughly 8500 season tickets

I'm not sure what point you are making. Those 'stats' undermine your earlier post.

The media and viewing public are not going to see how many people want a change.

But this protest is about strength of numbers to ourselves as much as others. Eyeball to eyeball, how many want to make a point and to give impetus to future posts.

Think about any subsequent protests that many take place, even in India.

Imagine the reaction of everyone. The laughter, the sneers. "I've seen your fans. You only represent a couple of hundred people in total. Most fans are happy."

It's Steve Kean all over again.

He skirts the issue, when he's no real comeback.

Starting to think he just likes take the polar opposite view.

Reminiscent of tiresome unrelenting hero worship of Bowyer.

As I said before, the acceptance of Rovers demise and slow death is hard to understand, as someone who travels the country in support.

I used to, like many others, but the realisation is heartbreaking

Sheesh, not you with this opposite nonsense now. When will people learn to respect others opinion?

The lack of unity fellas is a direct reaction to calling other people out for their views.

When it's from those a hundred miles away who do nothing but type, I just can't help but think it's intentional wumming.

But this protest is about strength of numbers to ourselves as much as others. Eyeball to eyeball, how many want to make a point and to give impetus to future posts.

Imagine the reaction of everyone. The laughter, the sneers. "I've seen your fans. You only represent a couple of hundred people in total. Most fans are happy."

It's Steve Kean all over again.

Twisting to suit the direction of your knife! How can a 1/3rd full stadium ever be anything but a statement of unhappy fans?

Steve Kean would happily lie to his own family - he was in bed with the agents who controlled the press!

If those who don't join this protest have no right to complain at the owners, do fans who've never stepped foot in Ewood have the right to complain about the team?

Parson, Chaddy, anyone else not keen on joining in the protests, how would you feel about handing out leaflets / info, at the games leading up to Wolves, about what is planned and what the aims of the protests are? You're going to be there anyway and then can not take part in the walk out knowing you have helped spread the word to fans on the ground, rather just a few followers on Twitter / Facebook.

If it could be arranged to have them printed, would you be willing to do that?

Twisting to suit the direction of your knife! How can a 1/3rd full stadium ever be anything but a statement of unhappy fans?

Nothing about this 'suits' me, you plonker.

But as far as the statement of a 1/3rd full ground. How's that working out for us? Oh, that's right, dismissed as fickle, spoilt fans who aren't getting to watch PL football any more. Boo hoo.

This is meant to be a statement of unity, not apathy. Sadly some folk would prefer to show they are quite happy to be the latter.

Nothing about this 'suits' me.

But as far as the statement of a 1/3rd full ground. How's that working out for us? Oh, that's right, dismissed as fickle, spoilt fans who aren't getting to watch PL football any more. Boo hoo.

This is meant to be a statement of unity, not apathy. Sadly some folk would prefer to show they are quite happy to be the latter.

Scenario A - Cheston to Venkys - hey up Madame there was meant to be a protest against you lot today but barely anybody took part in it. All is therefore rosy!

Scenario B - Venkys to Cheston - Mike what on earth is going on? We saw the ground empty with Rovers fans.

Reply - That's right Madame, unfortunately they are protesting against you.

If you want A to happen you do not protest.

If you want there to be a chance, even if it is a small chance, of B happening you take part in the 1875 protest.

Simple choice really; I know what I will be doing.

Scenario A - Cheston to Venkys - hey up Madame there was meant to be a protest against you lot today but barely anybody took part in it. All is therefore rosy!

Scenario B - Venkys to Cheston - Mike what on earth is going on? We saw the ground empty with Rovers fans.

Reply - That's right Madame, unfortunately they are protesting against you.

If you want A to happen you do not protest.

If you want there to be a chance, even if it is a small chance, of B happening you take part in the 1875 protest.

Simple choice really; I know what I will be doing.

Scenario B: Unfortunately the flaw in that is if you believe that the Venkcountant would dare say that to madame, whenever you get a ticket on the gravy train, doing /saying the right thing goes out the window, just look at Burnley Bob

The Queen of Pune does not take criticism

I'm amazed that some folk supposedly want Venkys Out and yet refuse to show any sort of unity with a protest which is all about showing HOW MANY (or few, as the case may be) want rid of them.

Despite initially thinking it was a divisive statement, I'm beginning to agree with the stance that if you don't join (in in SOME WAY, and there are loads of options) with protests, you can't truly want them out.

Good post Mike.

I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to describe said people as Rovers fans.

Archived