BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lowe To Be Rovers Captain

This is splendid news and a very welcome move by Owen Coyle - Lowe's always been one of my favourite players and making him captain means he's virtually guaranteed a place in the team. It doesn't matter whethere he's in midfield or at full back - Lowe will be a very infuential player for us this season and he deserves the accolade after all his injury problems of the past few years.

A ray of light indeed on a day the IMF predicted the UK economy will suffer next year (and we will all be poorer as a result) following the Brexit vote.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is splendid news and a very welcome move by Owen Coyle - Lowe's always been one of my favourite players and making him captain means he's virtually guaranteed a place in the team. It doesn't matter whethere he's in midfield or at full back - Lowe will be a very infuential player for us this season and he deserves the accolade after all his injury problems of the past few years.

A ray of light indeed on a day the IMF predicted the UK economy will suffer next year (and we will all be poorer as a result) following the Brexit vote.

Don't go out in the midday sun so often..... :lol:

The stats show that when Lowe plays we are a worse team. On the field we are also visibly slower and more negative - a trait which does not make us effective, successful or entertaining. This is about as poor a decision as the club have made since sacking Big Sam. This simply indicates that both Hanley and Duffy are off and we have a severe lack of leaders at the club.

As for your bleating thoughts on the outcome of a democratic vote just because you lost, please keep them where the belong to yourself in ICBINF.

The stats show that when Lowe plays we are a worse team. On the field we are also visibly slower and more negative - a trait which does not make us effective, successful or entertaining. This is about as poor a decision as the club have made since sacking Big Sam. This simply indicates that both Hanley and Duffy are off and we have a severe lack of leaders at the club.

As for your bleating thoughts on the outcome of a democratic vote just because you lost, please keep them where the belong to yourself in ICBINF.

The team has missed Jason Lowe, and Owen Coyle obviously sees him as a leader on the field. It's a good decision as far as I'm concerned - and although one of Hanley or Duffy may leave I don't expect both to leave. Football and national events are correlated - good news in one can offset bad news in the other. Please keep your instructions on other people's posts to yourself.

The team has missed Jason Lowe, and Owen Coyle obviously sees him as a leader on the field. It's a good decision as far as I'm concerned - and although one of Hanley or Duffy may leave I don't expect both to leave. Football and national events are correlated - good news in one can offset bad news in the other. Please keep your instructions on other people's posts to yourself.

Your thoughts on Brexit have no place in the football threads. Surely we can keep this between us girls and I don't have to use the report button.

He's no leader on the pitch, he's just going to be the longest serving member of the playing staff very shortly - an old school long service award. You need somebody who can do more than run around. He shies away from tackles and points a bit. He's a fit Keith Andrews. Probably be a good captain at a League One or League Two side where experience and fitness are the difference. May well make a good manager one day. Seems to be able to read the game but can't put that into practise himself.

Your thoughts on Brexit have no place in the football threads. Surely we can keep this between us girls and I don't have to use the report button.

He's no leader on the pitch, he's just going to be the longest serving member of the playing staff very shortly - an old school long service award. You need somebody who can do more than run around. He shies away from tackles and points a bit. He's a fit Keith Andrews. Probably be a good captain at a League One or League Two side where experience and fitness are the difference. May well make a good manager one day. Seems to be able to read the game but can't put that into practise himself.

Pressing the report button is a pathetic response but then I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Lowe's a solid, hard working player and the type of player other players look up to - the sort who make ideal captains. Owen wouldn't make him captain unless he commanded respect from his peers - which he obviously does. Let's see what captaincy does for Jason Lowe. Even your blinkered eyes might be opened. .

Pressing the report button is a pathetic response but then I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Lowe's a solid, hard working player and the type of player other players look up to - the sort who make ideal captains. Owen wouldn't make him captain unless he commanded respect from his peers - which he obviously does. Let's see what captaincy does for Jason Lowe. Even your blinkered eyes might be opened. .

I never expect anything other than pathetic from you, James, so don't feel under pressure.

Solid and hard working, no question. I'd even go so far as to say he's an athlete but only young players with no other benchmark would look up to him. Which says more about our squad than about any attributes Lowe may have. I don't have faith in "Owen" (is he like Kylie and Cher now?) so I see this only as a long-service award as I've said.

Sadly we have no choice but to wait and see. Bit of a cycle happening more and more regularly though:

No ambition

Substandard appointments

Few options

Poor decisions

Hardcore: "Give em a chance FFS" / "Wait and see how they do"

Normalcore: "That's me done"

Lower gates

Reset memory and repeat

(But we signed Danny Graham... :rolleyes: )

Oh.., and as a rule, I don't use the report button. But that's the game the mods were prefer us to play, so yeah.

I never expect anything other than pathetic from you, James, so don't feel under pressure.

No pressure at all thanks. I love challenging received "wisdom" - especially from the know-nowts

Here's an idea:

Put an advert stating "Jason Lowe is a rubbish player" on the side of a bus - like the Leave campaigners.

Then it must be true.

• Backroom

Jim, stop dragging the thread off topic. Politics belongs in ICBINF, not here.

As for the pair of you, take your sexual tension elsewhere. Your pettiness spoiled otherwise good posts.

No pressure at all thanks. I love challenging received "wisdom" - especially from the know-nowts

Here's an idea:

Put an advert stating "Jason Lowe is a rubbish player" on the side of a bus - like the Leave campaigners.

Then it must be true.

No challenge to a someone of your standing. You're a legend in your own outhouse.

But no fear. Jason Lowe would no more stick to the side of a bus than he does an opposition player. Maybe a bill poster on a bus stop or perhaps a lamppost. He'd feel right at home: bus stops are also made of glass and Blackburn's council approved lampposts don't switch on early and when they never light the place up.

Or maybe even a picture of him on the rear and inside walls of the bus opposite you in the OAP section - so that he'll feel at home going backwards and sideways.

'Received wisdom' indeed! It certainly isn't received from you. Whether football or politics. :lol:

Jim, stop dragging the thread off topic. Politics belongs in ICBINF, not here.

As for the pair of you, take your sexual tension elsewhere. Your pettiness spoiled otherwise good posts.

Heavy-handed modding there, Mike. That was very good natured banter.

And James, for the record I didn't click 'report'. ;)

There's too much moderating and not enough laissez faire on here. It's only a messageboard.

Anyway, back to our likely leader on the field next season, the inspirational Jason Lowe.

Awful choice as captain. The man can't pass or run forwards with the ball.

I can just see him rallying the team in a tight match with an inspiring driving run back towards our goal and a pass to the central defender.

Had time to reflect and I have to admit it'll be good for the lad after all his injury problems to lift the FA Trophy at Wembley in a few seasons time.

:lol: that would be hailed as a "see I told you so" in some quarters.

To be honest I'm not at all surprised that Bowyer's lad is now captain. Nobody is ever going to come in for him and the squad around him has grown weaker every season. The only way he was off was if that injury had ended his career. Not that I'd wish that on anyone before somebody cries foul.

Hanley and Duffy are clearly now off so we need to score plenty of goals just to break even. Lowe has never been the lynchpin in any attacking team - quite the opposite.

Archived