BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lowe To Be Rovers Captain

Why do people get so het up about their posts being removed? This isn't aimed at blueboy in particular, just in general really. I can't see how it's that big of a deal, it's only the Internet.

Just shake your head and crack on with your day.

(Fully aware this post is off topic so remove it if necessary! I might get miffed though.)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people get so het up about their posts being removed? This isn't aimed at blueboy in particular, just in general really. I can't see how it's that big of a deal, it's only the Internet.

Just shake your head and crack on with your day.

(Fully aware this post is off topic so remove it if necessary! I might get miffed though.)

I realise you're not responding to me in particular BUT...mine was a constructive post about football, which began with a little play on words based on the post i was responding to. No big deal and only the internet :tu: My day is now being cracked on with, in a somewhat sweaty manner. it's crackin' t'flags...

I think he's always been picked when he's been fit - by every manager since 2011. Even though he's had constant dog's abuse on here.

Apart from the only manager we've had in that time in Lambert who only picked him when we were short of bodies and he was disinterested with the job.

As far as the dumbing down at BRFC goes this is right up there. As a player he has no fundamental footballing attribute apart from workrate and as far as captain material goes - the guy hides when the pressure is on.

Never a leader, never a footballer and you can bet that new contract negotiations will go through without a hitch as no bugger wants to buy him.

I have no problem with Jason Lowe. He is a functional footballer who has made the absolute most of his limited ability. What concerns me more is that if Hanley and Duffy both go we will have a squad full of shrinking violets with no leadership amongst them.

I don't have a problem with Lowe playing at full-back, it has been his best position and it is time the lad was given a run in that role. It will allow Marshall, if he remains, to play further forward. No problem with him being captain, it's hardly like cricket where the captain has major input into what goes on during a game. Ideally, you need a team with several players who are shouting and encouraging others.

• Backroom

Always has been whenever he's played that role. He's only ever played consistently well at RB.

Agreed. I think people advocating Marshall playing higher up the pitch have forgotten just how appalling he has been there for the majority of his time here. His best performances have always come from the RB/RWB position. He's forced to get involved there, whereas when he's further up the pitch it's easier to hide when things aren't going well.

Lowe being captain is a joke, but I do agree with Parson that it doesn't really matter. The players will know who the real captains in the side are, and I would guess J-Lowe isn't one of them. More like teacher's pet, to use a slightly immature term.

Coyle is merely continuing to lay the groundwork for Hanley's eventual departure.

Coyle knows he is going and is now working in overdrive so that when he does go Coyle will be able to paint himself in the best possible light. Last week he was adamant that Newcastle were 'nowhere near' Hanley's valuation and that he wasn't planning on selling him, now he's discussing potential candidates to replace him as captain and shrugging off any responsibility for what happens as it is the owners who decide. If Hanley's still here in a week Coyle will have gone another step further in his attempts.

What's wrong with signing a replacement for Hanley who has experience of captaining a team in the Championship and immediately give him the armband? Someone who would immediately command respect and authority from his team-mates?

Because proven quality signings aren't going to happen. They're planning on using Wes Brown and Scott Wharton to fill the gap Hanley will leave. Once Duffy goes to then they might be forced to add another loan or free agent as we have nobody else around to step in, but they will do so reluctantly and on the cheap again.

What I find strange is that if my memory is correct Lowe was Captain of England U21's wasn't he, as well as some record number appearances?

I find this strange as, and I have been living outside the country for the past 3 seasons, general opinion is he has been awful, yet managers at both international and club level seem to think he is the balls.

Are we all wrong and they are right?

What I find strange is that if my memory is correct Lowe was Captain of England U21's wasn't he, as well as some record number appearances?

I find this strange as, and I have been living outside the country for the past 3 seasons, general opinion is he has been awful, yet managers at both international and club level seem to think he is the balls.

He's never really had a proper manager or played in a team who had real tactics - I thought he played well with Evans early days in centre under GB, but then injuries etc meant he played full back or not at all!

I'm all for giving our academy lads a chance, especially since there's a few around we let go who we could use these days!

Agreed. I think people advocating Marshall playing higher up the pitch have forgotten just how appalling he has been there for the majority of his time here. His best performances have always come from the RB/RWB position. He's forced to get involved there, whereas when he's further up the pitch it's easier to hide when things aren't going well.

Lowe being captain is a joke, but I do agree with Parson that it doesn't really matter. The players will know who the real captains in the side are, and I would guess J-Lowe isn't one of them. More like teacher's pet, to use a slightly immature term.

The best players don't always make the best captains, so I don't see why Lowe being made captain is a joke. We don't know how the others players view him, he might be a natural leader of men for all we know. Just as long as he's not a natural leader of men from CM ;)

Captain of the U20's. Point still pertinent though.

• Backroom

The best players don't always make the best captains, so I don't see why Lowe being made captain is a joke. We don't know how the others players view him, he might be a natural leader of men for all we know. Just as long as he's not a natural leader of men from CM ;)

I've watched Rovers with Lowe more times than I care to count, and there is no evidence of him being a leader on the pitch. Quite the opposite, he's usually getting bollocked by Duffy (or Dann when he was here).

I never said the best quality players should be captain, so I agree with you there.

A captain says a lot about your team - think Keane, Gerrard, Adams etc. To appoint someone with Lowe's 'ability' speaks volumes on where we are as a club right now.

Just to add, I predicted this would happen along with the Hanley sale. It only needs the sale of Marshall and Duffy and I've got the full house...and I fully expect that I will.

Coyle is merely continuing to lay the groundwork for Hanley's eventual departure.

Coyle knows he is going and is now working in overdrive so that when he does go Coyle will be able to paint himself in the best possible light. Last week he was adamant that Newcastle were 'nowhere near' Hanley's valuation and that he wasn't planning on selling him, now he's discussing potential candidates to replace him as captain and shrugging off any responsibility for what happens as it is the owners who decide. If Hanley's still here in a week Coyle will have gone another step further in his attempts.

What's wrong with signing a replacement for Hanley who has experience of captaining a team in the Championship and immediately give him the armband? Someone who would immediately command respect and authority from his team-mates?

Because proven quality signings aren't going to happen. They're planning on using Wes Brown and Scott Wharton to fill the gap Hanley will leave. Once Duffy goes to then they might be forced to add another loan or free agent as we have nobody else around to step in, but they will do so reluctantly and on the cheap again.

Hanley wants to leave and has apparently been disruptive behind the scenes since the bids have come in for him, or so i was told. Could be utter bobbins mind. We'll have to see who they bring in to replace him but if it is Wharton and Brown then we are truly up two-bit creek. It's too much pressure for Wharton at such a young age in a position like CB, and Brown has been an accident waiting to happen for a few seasons. We desperately need Duffy to stay, although he's another capable of a glaring error or two. Him and Brown would be fun!

Sounds like he's going to be a shoe in at centre mid yet again, same crap different day there are no empty platitudes we haven't heard about this guy. We know what he is and it's not what we get told but as time goes on and the downgrade continues he might actually start to look good.

A good season from him and he might be worth a million, another chip to cash in.

The actual quote from Coyle:

“Jason Lowe for me epitomises everything that Blackburn Rovers should be about.

“He’s an honest, hardworking professional with a fantastic attitude and great quality. He brings the same thing to you every day.

“You watch him on that training ground and he’s an absolute credit to himself and his football club.

“That’s why, with Grant missing out, I wanted to make Jason captain. He’s Blackburn Rovers through and through.

“He wears his heart on his sleeve and he gives you everything he’s got. That’s the type of players you want.”

The headline's a bit of a jump considering he's talking about making him captain for preseason games that Hanley's missing... but yeah, suppose he's being lined up for if Hanley's off. He's a hard worker and has been around the club awhile now, so it doesn't strike me as a ridiculous idea.

Archived