BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lowe To Be Rovers Captain

Hanley wants to leave and has apparently been disruptive behind the scenes since the bids have come in for him, or so i was told. Could be utter bobbins mind. We'll have to see who they bring in to replace him but if it is Wharton and Brown then we are truly up two-bit creek. It's too much pressure for Wharton at such a young age in a position like CB, and Brown has been an accident waiting to happen for a few seasons. We desperately need Duffy to stay, although he's another capable of a glaring error or two. Him and Brown would be fun!

Hanley should be docked wages if his behaviour has been an issue in any way. He's under contract here for the longer term and the club should take control of the situation and come out fighting. Possibly someone at Newcastle has had a word with Hanley's agent and suggested he should agitate for a move to try and force Rovers into accepting a lower offer. Disgraceful really if true.

Duffy either needs to sign a new deal in the next fortnight or be sold and a replacement signed - that's what would happen at a sensible club. We'll just keep things hanging until the last few days of the window before selling him to a rival and then bemoan not having enough time to sign a proper replacement. I wouldn't blame Duffy for seeking to move on. If the club were serious about keeping him they would have taken steps to tie him down long term by now, yet according to Coyle we're just getting round to it. Same with Marshall. Quite a shocking way to treat your best players and most valuable assets.

No doubt Cheston, Coyle and others will attempt to soften the blow of losing Hanley by promising that 'some of' the money will be reinvested into the team. I've no faith whatsoever that it will actually happen. I think they are playing us for fools again. They know some fans will accept or even embrace selling Hanley to Newcastle or Norwich because they believe that a decent chunk of the fee will be used to strengthen the team with 2-3 signings. I don't think they've any intention of doing that, and Hanley's replacement will be a free agent or loan player.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley marches to the beat of his own drum and always has and like I said he definitely strikes me as the type to kick off if he doesn't get his own way. I seriously believe part of the reason he knuckled down last season was because he knew he was being watched with real interest. Season before that he was pathetic on and off the pitch and I think GB was terrified of him until he finally dropped him having had enough.

As hard as it is to stomach it's time he was off before he starts getting sent off every week and sulking. As always it wouldn't be such a huge problem if we had faith in a bit of cash and a sensible replacement like a lot of other clubs operate in this div.

Wes Brown get your boots ready :blink:

I doubt Hanley is being disruptive 'behind the scenes' as alleged by a naturally unnamed scource......how many times have I heard that!

Hanley has no need to be disruptive, he knows he's going and soon for as much as the Pune s'hite can milk it for.

Why is Jason Lowe captain? Because if they can get him playing, as captain of a championship team and former captain of England U20s he has resale value. That's the only reason I can think of.

Why do people get so het up about their posts being removed? This isn't aimed at blueboy in particular, just in general really. I can't see how it's that big of a deal, it's only the Internet.

Just shake your head and crack on with your day.

(Fully aware this post is off topic so remove it if necessary! I might get miffed though.)

Why do you think? If you wanted it to be removed you wouldn't post it in the first place. Removing a post is tantamount to an insult in my opinion. Unless it is really nasty.

Ffs! Jason Bloody Lowe as captain...

Is Coyle going out of his way to antagonise the fans?

Why do you think? If you wanted it to be removed you wouldn't post it in the first place. Removing a post is tantamount to an insult in my opinion. Unless it is really nasty.

Possibly, but if Lowe is made captain, then honestly i don't know anymore. There must surely be somebody better than Lowe. Honestly, he is nothing more than a bench player, and ill debate this with anybody.

Notice how every time there is something that's likely to stir fans even more it's written by the other guy these days. Absolute joke of a rag that is but sadly it's a lot of peoples only info source on Rovers.

I'm only buying it for match reports from now on, sick to the back teeth of that mix of repeating everything off the net, rehashing old stories/quotes constantly and at times blatant propaganda.

Venkygraph OUT !

Why do I think? I don't know which is why I asked, as it seems petty and inconsequential to me. You're made of sterner stuff than to be insulted by a post removal I would have thought Al!

Since he's taken over it's very clear how media savvy Coyle actually is. I wouldn't go as far as saying he's going out of his way to antagonise the fans, but he's laying it on thick enough for most fans to see through it (the endless positivity, window dressing, preparing for Hanley's departure etc).

I'll admit I'm not overly averse to the way he's handling himself and the media, results and records are what I care about. Results we shall see of course but his recent record leaves much to be desired.

On Jason Lowe, I've made posts in the past about how I don't rate him, certainly not in midfield, at full back he isn't half bad. He's got the energy for the role, he gets more time on the ball (one of the major drawbacks of him playing centre midfield) and as evidenced by the last few appearances at the end of last season, he can put a belting cross in. I'm not calling him the next Cafu by any stretch and I wouldn't like to go into the season with him as a first choice player either may I add.

It may have just been one game at full back at the tail end of the season, can't be bothered to check, maybe I'm getting too giddy at the fact he actually did something that really affected the game.

Hanley should be docked wages if his behaviour has been an issue in any way. He's under contract here for the longer term and the club should take control of the situation and come out fighting. Possibly someone at Newcastle has had a word with Hanley's agent and suggested he should agitate for a move to try and force Rovers into accepting a lower offer. Disgraceful really if true.

Duffy either needs to sign a new deal in the next fortnight or be sold and a replacement signed - that's what would happen at a sensible club.

Where's the difference JH - refusing /delaying to sign a new deal v apparent 'misbehaviour'?

If I was a player in the situation of what has gone on already and at the moment under the loons , I would be looking for a move also regardless !!

As for Lowe as some predicted it was on the cards - it makes sense in some respect if Hanley /Duffy leave etc and with with regard to the existing /remaining squad ie long standing player/association, attitude?, commitment - however I think it confirms a lot answers also (which we already knew) with regard to the dumbing down of the club and team.

When he was first started I thought he was poor as RB never mind in midfield and the persistence of managers to try to play him in midfield as been more about his stamina than anything- will not be encouraging for many though as has up to yet has not shown any type of 'captain ' attributes and for me is one of those players that

you always question how they are actually playing at this level :rock:

What I find strange is that if my memory is correct Lowe was Captain of England U21's wasn't he, as well as some record number appearances?

I find this strange as, and I have been living outside the country for the past 3 seasons, general opinion is he has been awful, yet managers at both international and club level seem to think he is the balls.

Are we all wrong and they are right?

Was Carlton palmer a good footballer and he was picked for england....NO!

Samba was matchday captain and Nelsen was club captain. I think it was under Allardyce when Phil Jones was starting instead.

Cheers.

Maybe the way to go again then with Lowey being club captain seeing as so blue and white and maybe Duffy or someone more vocal on the pitch presuming Lowe is right back. I seriously think he'll be back in the middle again come first match of the season though and we are about to go in another circle.

Archived