BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Entirely Different Perspective

JohnD

When the "dossier" was published or linked to on here a few weeks ago I gave it to a work colleague. He and his family are very longstanding Rovers fans, albeit he has moved away and is now busy taking his son to play sport on Saturdays. I also suggested he looked at this forum.

He thought the dossier was certainly an interesting read and nothing surprises him when it comes to Venkys but he didn't see anything illegal. He knows that they aren't the best owners in the world, wishes they would go etc, etc.

As regards this forum and its passionate posters he simply asked me what would have happened if I had employed him six years ago and given him the task of bringing the appalling management of BRFC to the notice of all Rovers fans.........

My point, if I have one, is that he makes a very, very good point.

As do many supporters on here, irrespective of their views.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the "dossier" was published or linked to on here a few weeks ago I gave it to a work colleague. He and his family are very longstanding Rovers fans, albeit he has moved away and is now busy taking his son to play sport on Saturdays. I also suggested he looked at this forum.

He thought the dossier was certainly an interesting read and nothing surprises him when it comes to Venkys but he didn't see anything illegal. He knows that they aren't the best owners in the world, wishes they would go etc, etc.

As regards this forum and its passionate posters he simply asked me what would have happened if I had employed him six years ago and given him the task of bringing the appalling management of BRFC to the notice of all Rovers fans.........

If you had done that six years ago, you would probably be taking someone to court with Mr Coar.

• Backroom

Your point is that he makes a good point.

His point is what, exactly?

I'm not even sure what he's trying to say. The poster or his mate.

Before I'd had a couple of beers, I would have found it hard to understand, now I have no chance.

I think he's trying to say what would the fans on here have done 6 years ago if they knew what we know now. But i might be wrong. Different times/Different league/Different fanbase/Different everything. Not really sure where JohnD is going with it?

If I knew then, what I know now, when I was younger.

Hes saying what a lot are saying at the games though. If you cant see other peoples views then its difficult to argue againt them.

I've read his post 4 times and I still have no idea what he's talking about.

Maybe that says more about me than John....

Hes saying what a lot are saying at the games though. If you cant see other peoples views then its difficult to argue againt them.

On this thread that post is the very definition of irony!

You don't seem to make any point. Your mate also doesn't seem to make any point.

The second half of your post is gobbledegook.

Am on the beer but to add a bit if clarity .... My colleague would have been fired for not doing his job. Six years whingeing and moaning but how many more converts to the cause?

Those that don't know what's going on at Rovers don't need the childish criticism and name calling they need a constructive argument and intelligent conversation to convert them. Surely?

Those that don't know what's going on at Rovers don't need the childish criticism and name calling they need a constructive argument and intelligent conversation to convert them. Surely?

Doesn't work. Some people can't see past the blue and white shirts. Logic and reason and argument will never convert them.

If your mate had been employed by this lot 6 years ago he'd still be in charge now. That's what we are up against.

Am on the beer but to add a bit if clarity .... My colleague would have been fired for not doing his job. Six years whingeing and moaning but how many more converts to the cause?

Well do your bit then :brfc:

It's like religion, you can give people as many constructive arguments as you like but you'll never convert them all.

Doesn't work. Some people can't see past the blue and white shirts. Logic and reason and argument will never convert them.

If your mate had been employed by this lot 6 years ago he'd still be in charge now. That's what we are up against.

Only if he failed, it's the Venky's way - rewarding failure

I'm sure that if you asked people attending Ewood Park on a match day if they were happy and satisfied with the past 6 years of Venkys ownership most (well over 90%) would say "No".

The way to look at it, is the day before the present owners took over we were well placed in the PL, very well run, relatively little debt and looking good for the future.

Respected throughout football as a great club.

Illegal or not they have wrecked one of the most successful clubs on the planet.

I'm sure that if you asked people attending Ewood Park on a match day if they were happy and satisfied with the past 6 years of Venkys ownership most (well over 90%) would say "No".

Ask those same people a follow up question: are you prepared to demonstrate your unhappiness and dissatisfaction by walking out after 75 minutes of the Wolves game...?

Archived