BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City

3 managers have had opportunity to sort the right back position now and all 3 haven't. Whenever golden boy is fit he plays despite 1 good performance in 10, 4 average ones and 5 stinkers. He's long been the worst passer of the ball at the club and that's saying something. There is definitely something going on with his situation at Rovers and it's probably just as simple as the miss guided fools want to get value into him from games played at championship level.

There is also the one about tantrics connections hoovering up young players contracts around the time he broke into the team...

You know what though i can't really blame the lad he tries and yesterday as happens over a season was the classic case of a guy playing out of position caught in two minds. He's a league 1 defensive mid and always has been but farming out the useless Henley and using that wage should have solved the RB issue.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that he'll dispel the myth that he's good enough for League One in some style next season.

He'll probably be at centre half then though seeing as we've only got a loanee and two short term injured OAP's for those spots. Give the lad a break :lol:

Christ thinking about it we could start next season with 2 defensive mids in DL and JL as centre backs. Our potential situation is dire !

What's the point of posting on this FOOTBALL site if you can't focus on results. I've had it with this forum until the team and football become the main focus of the forum again. Many are smirking when we lose because they have been "sensible enough" not to attend. Rovers supporters my backside!

You've made this point a few times now, Al. Surely you know the pitfalls of a forum by now.

By nature you get many differing opinions for a variety of reasons.

Several contrary posters: But it's what makes this place what it is.

If you've had it, take a break and I'll PM you when Venkys have left :P

Don't know if it's been covered but the commentary seemed to suggest yesterday that Dave Fevre was missing. There was a certain tone to Bayes voice when he kept mentioning it, almost a questionable tone. Is he maybe the latest downscale casualty or has he just been sharing Stokes brew mug ?

Anyone heard owt ?

Don't know if it's been covered but the commentary seemed to suggest yesterday that Dave Fevre was missing. There was a certain tone to Bayes voice when he kept mentioning it, almost a questionable tone. Is he maybe the latest downscale casualty or has he just been sharing Stokes brew mug ?

Anyone heard owt ?

Nothing new in this. Dave Fevre has missed a number of away games over the past few years.

Perhaps for the people who are wondering about Lowe, I can offer a theory. As we already know, the same people are at the club now, as were there from the very start of this with Venky's. If an Agent and a manger agreed, with the owners, that if any players that came through the academy and therefore cost nothing, played x number of games, then they would be paid a bonus. For every game after x was reached a further % would be paid.

It is the only thing I can think of, as lots of fans are suggesting he doesn't deserve a place, yet he is picked every week. Maybe even an added bonus was paid, if he was ever captain of the club. Therefore we could have a manager long gone and a retired agent, still being paid by the club.

I refuse to believe that Burton and Barnsley have massively more quality in their line-ups than Rovers.

A new manager could hardly be any worse. Maybe improve the fitness levels?...a proper game plan..? even a bit of organisation....?

I agree. There is very little in this league in terms of quality. Norwich, Newcastle and Villa have the personnel thanks to their Premier League money but other than that the rest of the division is very much mediocre. We've played Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham in recent weeks and lost all three games 1-0. Those three are in and around the top 6 of this league, yet nobody is telling me that those sides looked much better than we did. There isn't much, if anything, in terms of a gulf in quality. Ipswich have a very weak squad and yet have a manager who has the nack of organising a strong defence. On the other side of the coin Burton Albion have recently beaten Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham despite their vastly inferior resources. To some extent Coyle deserves some credit, as several of our most important players in recent weeks have been his signings. Emnes, Gallagher, Hoban and Williams in particular, along with him managing to get Guthrie fit and playing every week. However the only thing he should be judged on is results. Hard luck stories are all well and good, but we're getting to the stage of no return. One clean sheet all season isn't down to bad luck or misfortune. Its down to management and coaching.

Just watched the highlights. Did Coyle instruct everyone to shoot from 30 yards? Loads of wasteful, pointless shots when a pass would have been better. And cue JLowe to screw it all up at the end.

Now hearing that protestors being verbally abused on social media by our "fellow fans". Disgusting, but no surprise.

Perhaps for the people who are wondering about Lowe, I can offer a theory. As we already know, the same people are at the club now, as were there from the very start of this with Venky's. If an Agent and a manger agreed, with the owners, that if any players that came through the academy and therefore cost nothing, played x number of games, then they would be paid a bonus. For every game after x was reached a further % would be paid.

It is the only thing I can think of, as lots of fans are suggesting he doesn't deserve a place, yet he is picked every week. Maybe even an added bonus was paid, if he was ever captain of the club. Therefore we could have a manager long gone and a retired agent, still being paid by the club.

The thing with him is he gets accommodated and if Henley was any good Lowe would either still get picked ahead of him or start every game in midfield regardless of who was on the bench or in form. If we had a few good RB's and a few top midfielders he'd be starting left back, it's genuinely bizarre and it went way past him being an honest trier and hard trainer long ago.

Despite all this i would still have liked to have seen a decent manager trying to make him into a Savage type when he was younger using his workrate as his strength and to compensate for his poor passing rather than trying to make him out to be the next Gerrard. We all know who was behind is dramatic elevation from youth to Prem which adds weight to one or two % theories.

What's the point of posting on this FOOTBALL site if you can't focus on results. I've had it with this forum until the team and football become the main focus of the forum again. Many are smirking when we lose because they have been "sensible enough" not to attend. Rovers supporters my backside!

Because Venkys have destroyed the whole point of the club?

Yes, it is a football site. But football is hope and glory.

Venkys have given us despair and ignominy with no end in sight. Bit difficult to avoid talking about them.

Personally I'd like to stick them in a Brazen bull. As a good will gesture I'm willing to let you set the fire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull?wprov=sfla1

"Normality bias"

That's excellent, broadsword. The perfect classification for those with their heads in the sand.

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias?wprov=sfla1

Because Venkys have destroyed the whole point of the club?

Yes, it is a football site. But football is hope and glory.

Venkys have given us despair and ignominy with no end in sight. Bit difficult to avoid talking about them.

Personally I'd like to stick them in a Brazen bull. As a good will gesture I'm willing to let you set the fire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull?wprov=sfla1

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster and its possible effects. This may result in situations where people fail to adequately prepare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias?wprov=sfla1

Normalcy bias. That's it!!! Great post :)

I have posted more than once that Lowe must have connections to high places. There is no logic to his continued selection.

I am prepared to believe that certain managers in the last few years have had team selections dictated from high. I suspect that this is the case at the present time and that Lowe is a beneficiary of that policy.

I have posted more than once that Lowe must have connections to high places. There is no logic to his continued selection.

I am prepared to believe that certain managers in the last few years have had team selections dictated from high. I suspect that this is the case at the present time and that Lowe is a beneficiary of that policy.

He must be humping Madam, or Mr Bling !

The right back position is a worry. We haven't got one, other than Henley and Nyambe.

I cannot understand why we didn't get Alex Baptiste back on loan for this spot. Just look at how many crucial goals he's scoring for North End.

Saw the highlights of the match on TV and was pleasantly surprised at how much of our attack was shown. We defended well in the second half. Their goal was such a fluke. I felt sorry for our players.

But, if you don't score, you don't win. Lack of regular scoring is our problem.

The right back position is a worry. We haven't got one, other than Henley and Nyambe.

I cannot understand why we didn't get Alex Baptiste back on loan for this spot. Just look at how many crucial goals he's scoring for North End.

Saw the highlights of the match on TV and was pleasantly surprised at how much of our attack was shown. We defended well in the second half. Their goal was such a fluke. I felt sorry for our players.

But, if you don't score, you don't win. Lack of regular scoring is our problem.

We needed centre halves as well and he'd have fitted right in there and served the purpose better than Greer or Brown. Absolutely crazy if we didn't go back and at least try for him.

Then again if it wasn't one of Coyles connections brokering it then it would get ignored. Agendas everywhere, shambles !

I imagine that one of the main reasons we didn't get anywhere with Baptiste was more to do with his salary than anything else. It seems that we're now struggling to even compete with PNE when it comes to wages as seen by Tommy Spurr's decision to reject a new contract here and their impressive signings of people like Baptiste and McGeady. I doubt Venkys, via the money men, would have allowed spending on their wages.

That's why we were scurrying around in the last week of the window signing people and why it took 5 pretty much wasted league games getting well beaten by sides like Wigan and Cardiff before the new arrivals started to bed in and get up to speed and why despite improved performances and results in the last 6-7 games still mean we're in the bottom 3 playing catch up to clubs like Burton and Barnsley.

We were only allowed to sign people when Venkys had received their fees for Hanley and Duffy and their salaries were broken up for squad strengthening.

A failure to prepare is preparing to fail. Leaving it until the end of August and then only signing people who had barely played for the last 12 months in Mulgew, Hoban and Emnes meant we started off on the back foot, which nobody can afford to do. Cheston won't be bothered because he's saved some money because of it.

I certainly can't see them actually paying to sign the likes of Hoban, Gallagher, Emnes that's for sure. You could probably get that lot for the money we allegedly sold Duffy. But with them using transfer income for wages and running the club there's not a chance.

Unless maybe we can flog Lowe, Evans & Marshall to cover it .........

Archived