BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City

That's what happens when you keep playing a non-league player in your side.

Jason How-Lowe-can-we-go.

Forwards, wingers, centre backs have looked decent today.

Centre mid and full backs we are way short.

Be interesting to judge Bristol City against the other sides we've played.

4th bottom would be our best hope, if you ask me

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Is nobody interested in the football any more? This is supposed to be a football site but all that anybody appears to be interested in any more is ways of protesting and boycotting. I've been on holiday for two weeks and it took me less than 15 minutes to read up the football section of this site. I'm fed up with reading about how everyone is going to protest. Nothing ever seems to come of it and I want to talk about my football team.

Maybe it's time to leave this forum alone for a while until it becomes a football forum again.

Come on Rovers let's get 3 points against Bristol this afternoon.

I still care, but until venkys go, everything else is secondary.

They are slowly killing us, and to disregard that and stay focused on results is normality bias. I can't do that.

And Burnley won by the way. Not sure why we should even care about that when we're talking on their wake right now, but hey ho.

And while I'm at it, it's points that matter, not performances

@#/? Lowe ... missed the cross then stood off and allowed the shot. keaner

No barry, the lad's Blackburn Rovers through and through....all the way through the divisions.

He'll be our reverse Leon Britton in playing in every league albeit the opposite direction.

A I say the league table is already looking a little desperate. Burton, Barnsley etc all winning. Just above us are a few big boys and you know at some point they're going to turn it around - along with Cardiff. We need to put a run together very very soon (which we won't) - one win every 5/6 games ain't gonna be enough.

So frustrating. I stopped myself from posting "you need to score when you are on top" to the posts about us playing well.

Arrrrggghhh!!!

Frustrating, but if we can play like that for the rest of the season (Plus the goals of course) we'll be ok.

So you didn't watch the game the Philip!

I did and we still found a way to pitifully throw it away. Who cares if we play 'okay' if the result is the same crushing inevitability more times than not.

Neil Warnock would not have Jason Lowe anywhere near the team, let alone as captain.

5 points off 17th already. As I say, looking desperate.

See Warnock won again too.

Warnock working his magic already at Cardiff.

We interviewed him ......why the bloody hell he wasn't appointed only they know.

God, first game in years and that's what I got

What stuck out today was the chronic lack of quality in the side. Every time we broke forward we ended up stopping and going backwards or sideways as we didn't have any idea where to go next. What was also frustrating was how few times we even tried to cross the ball.

Gallagher and Emnes was strange as they always seemed to be 40 yards apart. At no point were they on the same wavelength.

Centre of the park we barely won a tackle and i think BC won every second ball.

Saying all that Bristol were poor, can't believe they're so high

Warnock working his magic already at Cardiff.

We interviewed him ......why the bloody hell he wasn't appointed only they know.

Because Coyle was the outstanding candidate. See job description.

Bog standard mid-October relegation result.

Have best against a mediocre mid table side then defensive mistakes topped off with a bit of a fluke and you lose 1-0....

Very much so, extremely typical. We clearly went in to this looking for a draw (not unreasonable from Coyle's position) managed to shut down the opposition and launch a handful of decent counter attacks, but couldn't capitalize on any of our few created opportunities while they did the most of two weak individual interventions from Mulgrew and Lowe. Definitely looked like the kind of game relegation candidates tend to lose.

Aside from not being able to clear the ball before the counter attack that led to their goal, I thought Mulgrew looked good at left back when he came on. Both Hoban and Lenihan battled well at centre back. Marshall had a decent game, and while Conway wasn't bad it really hurts us to play with two wingers who so clearly lack pace. For that reason Samuelsen should at the very least have been given 20-30 minutes today, but instead Coyle opted for Akpan. Gallagher is never a player for a team set up to counter-attack, while Emnes looked good in a deep lying role.

Archived