'my job was to avoid relegation'

'I took over a struggling team'

'no money'

'Blame Senior'

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15089794._The_lads_are_working_hard____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Owen_Coyle_on_Sheffield_Wednesday_trip/?action=add_comment

"We know over a period of time that we won’t be there and get ourselves to safety, but the sooner we do that the better for everyone.”

It's ok chaps, Don Coyleyoni has spoken. Relegation won't happen. Even though he's said this stuff before and we're no better off, don't fret. It's under control. We can start planning for next season in The Championship. Phew!

I reckon I've read that exact same drivel for the last two months now. How on earth do the LET continue to allow him to peddle this nonsense?

13 hours ago, den said:

We're all worried about both of 'em.

when Senior says to the manager of a relegation bound club, "you can't have any of the transfer targets you've lined up, but you can have one of mine instead" - it can't lead to anything other than friction, anger and distrust can it. 

Terrible way to run a club.

The two conflicts providing yet more evidence to dual ownership and separate goals for their payments... Not for the good of the team whether or not we stay up or go down its irrelevant to both parties.. Possible that one or both parties favour relegation. For :

More dumbing down cost cutting more player movement etc... Yes we've been here before remember.. 

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I reckon I've read that exact same drivel for the last two months now. How on earth do the LET continue to allow him to peddle this nonsense?

There's no accountability. He isn't going to be challenged by a reporter form the LT who is new to the job. The reporter would be sacked.

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15089794._The_lads_are_working_hard____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Owen_Coyle_on_Sheffield_Wednesday_trip/?action=add_comment

"We know over a period of time that we won’t be there and get ourselves to safety, but the sooner we do that the better for everyone.”

It's ok chaps, Don Coyleyoni has spoken. Relegation won't happen. Even though he's said this stuff before and we're no better off, don't fret. It's under control. We can start planning for next season in The Championship. Phew!

How on earth do the players understand him???

33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's no accountability. He isn't going to be challenged by a reporter form the LT who is new to the job. The reporter would be sacked.

Wouldn't take a lot for one reporter to tell him he's been saying it for months yet our position has if anything gotten worse. 

Anyway, we're both in agreement that he's speaking out of his backside yet again.

This is all very reminiscent of when Kean left. He knew that Shebby wanted him out so he spent weeks talking about him in the media it was all designed to show that he was being undermined. He then quit and used what he had been saying as part of his constructive dismissal case. What Coyle is saying is heading towards the same direction.

The club's march towards league 1 seems to be a secondary issue to these two Muppets.

Just now, Kamy100 said:

This is all very reminiscent of when Kean left. He knew that Shebby wanted him out so he spent weeks talking about him in the media it was all designed to show that he was being undermined. He then quit and used what he had been saying as part of his constructive dismissal case. What Coyle is saying is heading towards the same direction.

The club's march towards league 1 seems to be a secondary issue to these two Muppets.

Let's hope for the same outcome, where Coyle leaves the team hotel in tears

36 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

Correct Kamy we've been here before with different Muppets 

Whilst yet again relegation is looming 

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would ye prefer if he said we were going to be relegated? I don't see anything wrong with what he said there. Criticize results and performances, but complaining because he said we will get out of relegation? I don't get it. 

It's insulting to our intelligence and it's almost like he is using Keans script. I don't expect him to say we will go down but to try and raise expectations with bold statements makes him look a bigger fool.

Just now, arbitro said:

It's insulting to our intelligence and it's almost like he is using Keans script. I don't expect him to say we will go down but to try and raise expectations with bold statements makes him look a bigger fool.

To say we will avoid relegation to league 1 is hardly a bold statement or trying to raise our expectations. Now if he was saying we would qualify for the Champions league in 5 years, I would agree with you. What he is saying on this is correct and the players need to have belief. Otherwise we may just give up now. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

To say we will avoid relegation to league 1 is hardly a bold statement or trying to raise our expectations. Now if he was saying we would qualify for the Champions league in 5 years, I would agree with you. What he is saying on this is correct and the players need to have belief. Otherwise we may just give up now. 

He is trying to raise the expectation of the majority who think we will be relegated by saying we won't go down just like Kean did. We all know how that story ended. Do you honestly think the players or fans fall for his guff? And if you hadn't noticed thousands and thousands have already given up.

Just now, arbitro said:

He is trying to raise the expectation of the majority who think we will be relegated by saying we won't go down just like Kean did. We all know how that story ended. Do you honestly think the players or fans fall for his guff? And if you hadn't noticed thousands and thousands have already given up.

Well giving up is stupid, in my opinion. I understand fans are worn down from what has been going on here for the past 6 years, so each to their own though. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well giving up is stupid, in my opinion. I understand fans are worn down from what has been going on here for the past 6 years, so each to their own though. 

To blithely say that we will get out of it when we've been bottom 3 for most of the season, is an insult to the fans' intelligence. As I'm sure you know.

Some sort of acknowlegement of the difficult position we're in would've gone down well. To just blankly say we'll get out of it indicates a lack of care.

I've got him down as a wind-up merchant. Same as you are.

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So then do you think Coil is right and we will stay up? And by saying giving up I meant on the club but I really believe we will go down and have done since he was appointed so pretty much I gave up then.

Archived