SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The club is being run so badly, I am pretty sure that is what is happening. It is so tight at the bottom, they will see if Coyle can get us out of it. Rather than spend money sacking him and paying big wages to get someone else in. They are flipping a coin and hoping it comes up on the right side. But as I said above, if we get cut adrift, I think they will sack him. If it is "too late" to appoint some left wing manager from abroad, they will give it to David Dunn or someone else from within. Coyle is in a precarious position anyway. It is in his interest to keep us up, because if he doesn't , he will find it very difficult to get another job. 

You're probably right on him not getting sacked due to the cost if he was a venkys appointment but that is doubtful .. did you listen to the Sutton interview and the comments on senior.. 

Even if senior had any power there's no way on this earth any creditable worth while manager would work for that shyster so what would we end up with.. 

The club needs exorcism all the way through getting rid of every shyster conman involved in the whole dual owned scenario. administration as daft as it sounds is probably our best hope at the moment.. 

Even if somehow we stay up this time what will happen next season even Coyle must know with the players out of contract in the summer the dumbing down process carrys on.. What then? 

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

Honestly, I can't help but think anybody saying they'd prefer one over the other are completely missing the bigger picture.

Got to prefer neither its death by hanging or burnt to death 

Just now, Athlete said:

You're probably right on him not getting sacked due to the cost if he was a venkys appointment but that is doubtful .. did you listen to the Sutton interview and the comments on senior.. 

Even if senior had any power there's no way on this earth any creditable worth while manager would work for that shyster so what would we end up with.. 

The club needs exorcism all the way through getting rid of every shyster conman involved in the whole dual owned scenario. administration as daft as it sounds is probably our best hope at the moment.. 

Even if somehow we stay up this time what will happen next season even Coyle must know with the players out of contract in the summer the dumbing down process carrys on.. What then? 

I agree. However the chance of the club being exoricsed from top to bottom is very remote, therefore as a starter Coyle has to go to give us a chance to stay up and hope that the miracle happens in the summer and V8nkys f*ck off back to where they came from.  

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Why is it an either/or?

Short term, Coyle needs removing immediately to give ourselves chance to not be relegated in May.

The rest of the cesspit is not something that will resolve itself anytime soon.

That's my view as well. No - one can doubt that Coyle has had his challenges. Lambert had left us without a single senior striker at the Club before he arrived then the owners sold our central defence out from under his feet when he did.

Nevertheless Coyle is the one who got us off to an appalling start, has had us in the bottom 3 all season and who has led us to a completely unsatisfactory 29 points from 30 games.

A new manager is no guarantee of success but might make all sorts of tweaks which could make the difference between narrowly  scraping to survival and not.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

You're more worried about Senior than "I've never heard of SEM" Owen Coyle? The mind bogges

Actually, I worry about both and the possible implication that they represent two interested parties/owners in conflict, much like the days of Singh v Agnew and Shaw.

I don't trust Senior and I don't trust the SEM denier, Coyle....I also think Coyle's comments in the media could mean he is preparing the way for his constructive dismissal/resignation-again not unlike his SEM sponsored predecessor!

Learning from history eh...who needs David Starkey!!

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

You're more worried about Senior than "I've never heard of SEM" Owen Coyle? The mind bogges

It doesn't really matter whether Coyle has ever heard of SEM, has never had any contact with them, or is the managing director. All that matters is whether he's any bloody good or not. And it appears that most people's suspicions that he is not have been confirmed.

Would anyone be mentioning any potential SEM connection if he had us in the top 6?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It doesn't really matter whether Coyle has ever heard of SEM, has never had any contact with them, or is the managing director. All that matters is whether he's any bloody good or not. And it appears that most people's suspicions that he is not have been confirmed.

Would anyone be mentioning any potential SEM connection if he had us in the top 6?

The SEM quote is more of a wider point about Coyle's character than his managerial abilities, both of which are suspect.

Just now, roverstdt said:

I am sorry for the me focus shouldn't be on surviving relegation because that will be the excuse each and every year with them in charge. We need a long term goal that people can get behind. 

I think we would all like suitable new owners. What you can't do though for me is say "I don't care what happens to us until they leave".

For me it is imperative we do not drop down any further and if someone else does take over at any point we are in as least bad shape as possible.

As much as I wan't the Venky's/Coyle/Anderson/Pasha/Senior et al gone I still don't want us to get relegated. I can take no pleasure in us getting beaten or going down. I dare say most feel the same, hence the reason we debate each game ad infinitum. If we truly wanted relegation we wouldn't even pass comment on games.

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Course it matters, we are inter woven with this lot to the detriment of the club.Whether fans choose to believe it or not is for them to decide. But we are not in the top 6, nor will we be until the club is cleansed of the possiness set up. So to pass it off as unimportant is to ignore the fact it is why we are in the bottom 3, as one of the parties  (if not both) doesn't care where we are as long as the % fees come in.

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think we would all like suitable new owners. What you can't do though for me is say "I don't care what happens to us until they leave".

For me it is imperative we do not drop down any further and if someone else does take over at any point we are in as least bad shape as possible.

I agree, I am not saying we should give up on the club, I think with the right structure we would need to have a short term and long term strategy. Encourage people to get behind the team but not the club, and develop a long term strategy that is beneficial for both terms. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Only people who understood what was really going on at the club, I imagine.

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

We're all worried about both of 'em.

when Senior says to the manager of a relegation bound club, "you can't have any of the transfer targets you've lined up, but you can have one of mine instead" - it can't lead to anything other than friction, anger and distrust can it. 

Terrible way to run a club.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's my view as well. No - one can doubt that Coyle has had his challenges. Lambert had left us without a single senior striker at the Club 

Still blaming Lambert Rev! I so wish we had him now.

5 hours ago, funny-old-game said:

... as one of the parties  (if not both) doesn't care where we are as long as the % fees come in.

I read this a couple of times and a small penny dropped (no pun intended) - I found myself thinking, "What is 100% of nothing?"

Serious question - I just can't see the logic behind running the club down to a point where there is nothing left to sell, no-one wanting to join us (latest two transfers being confirmation of this) and where the prospect of any money being made is becoming more and more bleak. Because, in that end-game, % fees don't make any sense, because 100% of nothing is... nothing.

So, in whose interest is it to reach a point where there is no value left? Venkys? I don't think so. Alleged sports management agency who no Dingle BStrd has ever heard of? Can't see what they make out of it... So WHO? and moreover, WHY??? FFS!

I mean, there is no magic formula to guarantee success in football (Leicester City anyone?), but there doesn't seem to be any logic in just smashing up a very well set up infrastructure and running it into the ground systematically and over an extended period- except if there is a bigger game / longer strategy in play.

It could, of course, just be simple incompetence, and bad luck - but then again, feck it, NO-ONE deserves this much bad luck.

Yep. 100% of fook all, is fewk all.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15089794._The_lads_are_working_hard____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Owen_Coyle_on_Sheffield_Wednesday_trip/?action=add_comment

"We know over a period of time that we won’t be there and get ourselves to safety, but the sooner we do that the better for everyone.”

It's ok chaps, Don Coyleyoni has spoken. Relegation won't happen. Even though he's said this stuff before and we're no better off, don't fret. It's under control. We can start planning for next season in The Championship. Phew!

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15089794._The_lads_are_working_hard____Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Owen_Coyle_on_Sheffield_Wednesday_trip/?action=add_comment

"We know over a period of time that we won’t be there and get ourselves to safety, but the sooner we do that the better for everyone.”

It's ok chaps, Don Coyleyoni has spoken. Relegation won't happen. Even though he's said this stuff before and we're no better off, don't fret. It's under control. We can start planning for next season in The Championship. Phew!

Does what he said even make sense?

Archived