BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

22 hours ago, preston blue said:

Thanks f-o-g.

I had been down the pub and my Missus was giving me a lift home and I turned on the Radio Lancs to hear the best demolition job of the V's, Coyle and co that I have heard for a long long time.

Sutton was impressive.   Well done Sutty!!

Sutton is an excellent pundit who pulls no punches in saying what needs to be said. His dismantling of Wenger and Arsenal after the Chelsea game was pure gold.  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15086585._If_they_think_I___m_the_villain_of_the_piece_then_so_be_it____Owen_Coyle_on_chants_from_Blackburn_Rovers_fans_in_Rotherham_United_draw/?ref=mac

"If people have their opinions that’s fine. I think the only thing that let them down was in the second half some stuff about Burnley, and that’s not about the game"

He's gone into  'agenda' mode again. 

Well if he's offended he can put himself out of his and our misery straight away just like Kean could've done at any time when the flak was flying. This will get messy believe me and he comes across as someone who won't be able to hold his tongue the way Kean did, mind you he had about 3 million per anum reasons to take it on the chin.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15086585._If_they_think_I___m_the_villain_of_the_piece_then_so_be_it____Owen_Coyle_on_chants_from_Blackburn_Rovers_fans_in_Rotherham_United_draw/?ref=mac

"If people have their opinions that’s fine. I think the only thing that let them down was in the second half some stuff about Burnley, and that’s not about the game"

He's gone into  'agenda' mode again. 

Ha ha ha!!

Lets be honest Owen, just resign. 

Its a bit embarrassing now. I'd like to think you're trying your best. But...

Nah... you're either bent or incompetent. 

Either way. Time to @#/? off.

This blows my mind:

"We never inherited a team of champions, we inherited a team that if they hadn’t won the last two games of last season when there was nothing to play for, they would have finished 21st in the league."

Words of a desperate man who should no longer be in a job, regardless of the owners, given the squad he's got.

The guy is beyond help that's real barrel scrapping stuff and the simple answer is if we'd have started this season with the same team he did but last seasons guy in charge we would be about 6 points better off now for sure. Absolute dud, i'd love to know what he thinks his strenghts are ?

Just now, OJRovers said:

"We never inherited a team of champions, we inherited a team that if they hadn’t won the last two games of last season when there was nothing to play for, they would have finished 21st in the league."

Sums up Coyle's management brief in one succinct moment. To do as good as the last rubbish season as a best case scenario, but willingly accepting it's a gradual decline. 

• Backroom
Just now, OJRovers said:

This blows my mind:

Words of a desperate man who should no longer be in a job, regardless of the owners, given the squad he's got.

That's funny Owen, because on the 2nd November you said:

“We’re certainly not the finished article but we know we are getting better,” he said.

“We have heart and a lot of courage in the team.

“Again we are decimated by injuries - Tommie Hoban dislocating his shoulder on the back of Derrick Williams, who is out for four to six weeks, “So, given all that, the players stood up and showed that heart for the fight and that courage, and they have quality as well. Some of our play at times against Wolves was very pleasing on the eye.

“We’re trying to build something. We’ve very much still got improvement to make in different areas – we know that.

“We had a terrible start but from then I think we’ve shown we’re a decent side and that we can stand toe-to-toe with some decent teams that have invested a lot of money.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14836895.Owen_Coyle__Blackburn_Rovers_can_go_toe_to_toe_with_any_team_in_this_league/

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

no rumours or media reports about Coyle being sacking at all

tell you everything about Venkys. don't give a toss

There won't be any if fat guy appointed Coyle then we know who's blowing in his ear. They just want someone who'll stand there and take the flak and deflect attention from themselves again whilst they continue to pull the place to pieces. The partners have spoken and Coyle is there as long as he wants it probably.

Excerpt from We climbed the hill in our own way early 2013

Re: Wigan hired Owen Coyle as manager
« Reply #43 on: December 3, 2013, 12:57:19 AM »

More specifically, not training much at all. Kevin Davies said a while back that they did no work on shape or tactics, let alone any defensive. This was backed up by a mate of mine who supports Bolton and knows someone ITK at the club saying- and this was when they were still doing okay under Coyle- that the fitness and rehab schedules were supposedly @#/?ed, leading to big injuries and constant ones, and a complete lack of acknowledgement with regards to upcoming opposition, barely doing any analysis on them. Apparently they just played lots of 5 a side and 11 a side games in training with Coyle getting himself involved but not actually doing much of the coaching.

Sounded like a cluster@#/? at the time and the form that followed it, which saw them get relegated the next season and start awful the next, suggests it wasn't far from the truth. Especially as Dougie Freedman went in and sorted it out, leading to praise from players in the press.

To think Coyle was wanted by some Liverpool fans at one point. He would have been a worse appointment than Hodgson!

That's exactly how it happened. And not even conditioned 5-a-sides, or fitness-oriented small games. Just warm-up, and get out and play. But he'll be employed again. Once you're in the system, you're never really out of the system.

Archived