BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is all this about Coyle going? Presuming it's just wishful thinking. Personally I couldn't care less if he stays or goes, it makes no difference to our downward spiral. Anyone who expects the club to make a sensible or honest decision must be off their head.

33 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

In the interests of context BigDogg stated he believes we will stay up this season and would rather wait til then to appoint a new manager, which will put paid to any manager now, be it Rowett, Jackett or whoever.

I would prefer jackett than rowett. 

Yes I think it would be counter productive to get a new manager in now just before a huge game against Rotherham. 

Just say we win that game and the following game. Would you still want Coyle sacked? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes I think it would be counter productive to get a new manager in now just before a huge game against Rotherham. 

Just say we win that game and the following game. Would you still want Coyle sacked? 

If he goes on another run of 1 win in 11 games, then we will be down. It is more likely that will happen, than him win the next 2 and therefore have 3 wins on the bounce. That has hasn't happened all season and is highly unlikely to. If we lose at Rotherham on Saturday, I think he should go, for what it's worth.

Yes I'd want him sacked because his overall performance has been awful. Win, lose or draw the overall trend is downwards under Coyle. I don't think changing manager is ever an exact science, and despite their poor run of appointments i'd rather twist than stick, even with Venky's as owners. Every now and again you get lucky and find someone who can do things at your club that the previous guy hasn't.  I know there's a chance of another awful appointment but there's also a chance that someone might just do enough. It won't be Coyle so bring on a.n.other. 

If we lose at Rotherham his position ought to be untenable. It will probably then be too late to salvage survival regardless, but I'd sooner take a gamble with someone else with half an eye on coming back next season than cart on with Coyle and let him cause more damage in the summer.

Just now, JHRover said:

If we lose at Rotherham his position ought to be untenable. It will probably then be too late to salvage survival regardless, but I'd sooner take a gamble with someone else with half an eye on coming back next season than cart on with Coyle and let him cause more damage in the summer.

We could well be just still points away from getting out of the drop zone, if we do happen to lose on Saturday. In my opinion, it is vital we pot him if we do lose, as there is a slim chance of survival then. If we carry on regardless, then you have to think relegation does not matter to those in control.

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This guy has to be on the wind up.

Just now, JHRover said:

Fair enough. It will be hard to make a case for him to stay on if we lose at the weekend. 

I will take any bit of momentum we can get at the minute, as things are so tight at the bottom. Those who say he should be sacked if we win our next 2 games need their heads examined in my opinion. 

Fair enough. It will be hard to make a case for him to stay on if we lose at the weekend. 

I will take any bit of momentum we can get at the minute, as things are so tight at the bottom. Those who say he should be sacked if we win our next 2 games need their heads examined in my opinion. 

Those who actually think he has any sort of chance of winning the next two, need their head and other body parts examined too. Not a cat in hells chance and I am prepared to stake money on that.

Course he should be sacked, he should have been sacked in mid September after setting us up to play with our legs tied together for 7 games. The man is a disaster, we've been appalling all season. Anyone defending him wants their head examining. Even with the dumbing down our squad has had in recent times this side is better than at least 8 teams in this league; the difference being we are unfit, tactically inept and appear under prepared and caught by surprise every game, these are all failings of Owen Coyle.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Course he should be sacked, he should have been sacked in mid September after setting us up to play with our legs tied together for 7 games. The man is a disaster, we've been appalling all season. Anyone defending him wants their head examining. Even with the dumbing down our squad has had in recent times this side is better than at least 8 teams in this league; the difference being we are unfit, tactically inept and appear under prepared and caught by surprise every game, these are all failings of Owen Coyle.

It makes you wonder what some people are thinking, or may be, where some people are working!

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Some people are capable of making judgements outside of the latest game.

Just now, Amarillo said:

Possibly, but we do know that the fans on the official site are in serious denial.

I wouldn't disagree with that and perhaps they are ill informed. When you look at all the evidence that is now out there and readily available, then you have to say, that's entirely their own fault. I read new things almost daily that all point to sever corruption at the club. If some people wish to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that it is all fine and dandy, that's their problem.

Just now, 1arC said:

I wouldn't disagree with that and perhaps they are ill informed. When you look at all the evidence that is now out there and readily available, then you have to say, that's entirely their own fault. I read new things almost daily that all point to sever corruption at the club. If some people wish to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that it is all fine and dandy, that's their problem.

Who said things were fine and dandy? I said I didn't want Coyle here to start with and that he should have been sacked before Christmas. My point is that I don't think appointing any of the names put forward will greatly increase our chances of staying up. For some reason, some of you, are taking that as me being "a dingle" and a "Venkys employee" 

I would say the official board, even with its lack of members, is a far more open forum. With far less paranoid people. Since being here a day, I have been accused of being a Venkys employee 3 times and a dingle once,a. All I am hearing is "SACK COYLE NOW AND REPLACE HIM WITH WHOEVER IS AVAILABLE AND WILL TAKE THE JOB!!!" That to me sounds like burying your heads in the sand about what the real problem at the club is.

Who said things were fine and dandy? I said I didn't want Coyle here to start with and that he should have been sacked before Christmas. My point is that I don't think appointing any of the names put forward will greatly increase our chances of staying up. For some reason, some of you, are taking that as me being "a dingle" and a "Venkys employee" 

I would say the official board, even with its lack of members, is a far more open forum. With far less paranoid people. Since being here a day, I have been accused of being a Venkys employee 3 times and a dingle once,a. All I am hearing is "SACK COYLE NOW AND REPLACE HIM WITH WHOEVER IS AVAILABLE AND WILL TAKE THE JOB!!!" That to me sounds like burying your heads in the sand about what the real problem at the club is.

I wasn't referring to you actually, but if you want to read it that way, I guess I can't do a thing about it.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say the official board, even with its lack of members, is a far more open forum. With far less paranoid people. Since being here a day, I have been accused of being a Venkys employee 3 times and a dingle once 

That says more about your opinions than it does about us.

Archived