SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gumboots said:

I'm getting to the point of wondering why you are here since your opinion goes against even our resident so called superfan,  Chaddy.

Firstly, BigDoggSteel is entitled to his views. Should be respect. 

Secondly, I am Passionate Rovers fan. Not superfan but Someone who cares passionate about the club. Never called myself that or even asked to be called that. 

I will not boycott games. Fully respect you if you do or other people do but not something I could even do. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, BigDoggSteel is entitled to his views. Should be respect. 

Secondly, I am Passionate Rovers fan. Not superfan but Someone who cares passionate about the club. Never called myself that or even asked to be called that. 

I will not boycott games. Fully respect you if you do or other people do but not something I could even do. 

Bullshit. You have said numerous times that people cannot give an opinion on players if they boycott/don't attend games. You have, in fact, publicly questioned whether people are fans because they have said they won't go to games. 

If you're going to have an opinion, stick to it. I don't care what it is, but have the bollocks to stick to it. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Agree. Johnson with Dunny as number 2 would be my choice till the summer. Would like to see experience coach with them

How do you get a copy of it?

Would like to have a proper read of it

Gary Rowett would be a great choice but it will never happen tho. Would be my 1st choice. 

PM me your E Mail address Chaddy and I will forward the E Mail.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't get all this Gary Rowett love, like he is somehow the greatest manager who ever existed and will be our night on a white horse with shining armour. The guy  managed Burton and Birmingham for around 24 months in total, achieving slightly above average success. What are people basing his suitability for here on ,apart from the fact that he is out of work? I don't understand. 

What do you base Coyle's suitability on?

It can't be the squad's fitness, organisation, results or tactics so I'm genuinely curious.

Just now, J*B said:

Bullshit. You have said numerous times that people cannot give an opinion on players if they boycott/don't attend games. You have, in fact, publicly questioned whether people are fans because they have said they won't go to games. 

If you're going to have an opinion, stick to it. I don't care what it is, but have the bollocks to stick to it. 

Nailed it :rover:

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I think it's probably a coping mechanism of sorts. Deep down Chaddy must know this guy is 99.99% certain to be a chancer who will have no positive impact on the club, just like every person who has come before him since Venky's took charge, but reality is hard to face...

Yeah, but other than that he's doing pretty well. 

are you a dingle.

My post was questioning Rowetts suitability. Where did I say anything about Coyle being suitable?? 

Advocating keeping him til the end of the season (at least) over attempting to hire other managers. I took that as Coyle being more suitable in your eyes than Rowett, at the very least. Correct me if I've got that wrong?

18 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I'm getting to the point of wondering why you are here since your opinion goes against even our resident so called superfan,  Chaddy.

What is it about BRFCS that turns discussions into just basic argument?

Well done GB, you managed to slag off a new poster and stick the boot in someone not even involved in the discussion.

Just now, donnermeat said:

Advocating keeping him til the end of the season (at least) over attempting to hire other managers. I took that as Coyle being more suitable in your eyes than Rowett, at the very least. Correct me if I've got that wrong?

I don't see Rowett as a major improvement on Coyle, no. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Always said that I respect people boycott actually J*B but just keep making stuff up again.

For once Chaddy I wasnt having a go at you. I was simply saying that you are among our most optimistic supporters and are usually willing to give chances when the rest of us are far less forgiving but even you think Coyle should go.

Just now, gumboots said:

He wouldnt have to be a MAJOR improvement. Just an improvement

So just get anyone in? Then pay them off. Wash, rinse, recycle. 

I would prefer to wait until the summer, see who is available and actually make a decent appointment. Regardless of what division we are in. 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

What is it about BRFCS that turns discussions into just basic argument?

Well done GB, you managed to slag off a new poster and stick the boot in someone not even involved in the discussion.

I did not have a go at Chaddy. His reputation on this board is as a so called superfan. Ive never used that term myself referring to him. However, Chaddy does think Coyle should go, along with most fans I know whether boycotters or attendee, so I simply do not understand what it is that makes this new person so disposed to keep Coyle against all the evidence that changing managers would probably help

1 hour ago, Amarillo said:

Ex-Rover, more popular with the fans and will bring through youngsters for a profit. It's a no-brainer for them, I'm surprised they haven't already done it. I can only assume the other owners don't approve.

Absolutely. He wouldn't be hellbent on bringing in washed-up dross like Giles Barnes or Tyrone Mears to line their 'partners' pockets - so not worthy of a promotion over the stand-out candidate, Coyle.

"Most of whats available"

Give an example please. 

As has already been suggested Rowett would appear to be a potential improvement and as others have said Johnson as a temporary measure could not do worse. Coyle has lost too many fans to be allowed to continue. 

I don't see Rowett as a major improvement on Coyle, no. 

We are heading one way under Coyle and that's down, so any improvement would be worth it as far as I'm concerned. 

You've said your piece on rebuilding in the summer regardless of division so that's fair enough I guess, each to their own.

Who's to say there will be anyone suitable in the summer though? I'd take Rowett in a heartbeat, worst case we get relegated anyway and it costs Venky's more money, every cloud. 

Archived