BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

50 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What's that based on?

It's surely based on the fact that just about every other manager in the Championship relegation battle has been potted and he's the last one standing! Hardly qualifies as a prophecy!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burton are a modern day miracle. For them to even be in the Championship is an incredible achievement considering their resources and where they've come from. To be in the Championship and on course for survival means Clough is doing a brilliant job there. To be sat above Rovers and Wigan and in and around the likes of Forest and Bristol City given the gulf in finance and infrastructure shows what a good job they've done and how better ought to be expected of others.

Our game there at the end of February will arguably be our most important remaining fixture this season. It is certainly a must not lose and really a must win game, like Rotherham is this week.

Hope Coyle's notional two games aren't QPR and Rotherham as there's obviously a decent chance we'll win them both. I would have sacked him a while ago and srill would but if he is being judged now the yardstick should be a must ger 6 points from those two games, then he gets judged on a match by match basis thereafter.

Also hope Mercer is a bit nearer with his predictions on Coyle's impending exit than he was on Rhodes supposedly imminent sale to the likes of Bolton and Wigan

Coyle will be here until he retires otherwise! Lol.

I don't like the guy, but who can we realistically get in to replace him? I'm at the point of thinking leave him until the end of the season then replace him. There his players, we cant sign anyone, so may as well leave him to it till the end of the season. Who ever comes in will still struggle to work with the players we have. Plus who ever comes in will have ties to kentaro/SEM still anyway, and if they don't they will get fed up being lied to and having zero budget, and will leave just like Lambert. End of the day whoever comes in will be working for Venkys, they wont say what we want them to hear bcos otherwise they will be sacked.

Whether we stay up or not does it matter? the crowds will be poor whether we are championship or league 1, the players are still un-heard of journey men whether we are league 1 or championship, we still wont own half our players. Either way to me it doesn't really matter what league your in unless your premier league where the super money is, and we wont ever be back there under venkys in my own opinion. I think we are hoping what venkys are hoping, stay in the championship and hope we get a fluke promotion on the free bee... well sorry it just isn't going to happen. We are the ingredients for disaster; poor owners, loads of debt, manager after manager, angry fans and fans that are losing the love for the club because its not who they recognize anymore (how i feel). This has all happened to clubs that spiral down leagues, we are just preventing the inevitable. Unless the club starts being more smart and saving money and spending within its means then we will never progress. We may need to drop a league to stay within our financial means.. who knows. All we all know is until venkys stay in charge we will never be back to where we were before they took over. And before them it took years and years and a slimey agent to help get a buyer! so im sorry for ever being mr positive, but all I see is a team waiting for the inevitable and being league 1, it wont make a difference who we have in charge. But it is blooming annoying its a dingle doing it.

26 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

If Coyle is been binned it need to be today or tomorrow. They would someone ready to start on Wednesday with huge game vs Rotherham on Saturday 

I did see Roy Keane at the game Saturday he sat about 3 rows behind senior he left with 15 to go. Doubt he'd even consider us. 

I would be %99.9 sure he was scouting irish players as hes assisntat manager of Ireland. Agree he wouldnt go anywhere near us. who would? unless youre trying to jump up the leagues or resurrect your career like Coyle! Thats the calibre of managers we can expect to be interested.

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

I would be %99.9 sure he was scouting irish players as hes assisntat manager of Ireland. Agree he wouldnt go anywhere near us. who would? unless youre trying to jump up the leagues or resurrect your career like Coyle! Thats the calibre of managers we can expect to be interested.

Yes that's what I thought. with only 4 months left who can you send a relegation SOS to ? & who would touch us. Just after a transfer window when you are forced to work with whatever is there.

I think Coyle is here until the end of the season at least 

Pointless discussing who is available and who might consider the job at this stage. I'd wager a few decent managers would be interested as a means of getting back into management in the Championship and most would consider our squad to be good enough to survive with Burton and Wigan either side of us in the table.

Its a pointless discussion because it is a question that won't be asked. If we were going to stick with Coyle because they'd investigated alternatives and decided that none of the options were good enough or keen on coming then there would be some method in the madness, but we all know deep down that Coyle's position isn't really under threat, so it matters not one jot.

It wouldn't matter if Conte and Mourinho were interested in the job. There isn't a vacancy and nor is there likely to be with this dysfunctional set up and disinterested owners only interested in saving money and not the club's league status.

For all we know there could be dozens of quality managers desperate for the Rovers job. Unfortunately out of all of them Coyle found a way of getting the front of the queue and getting him and his buddies in on 2 year contracts, and that doesn't look like changing any time soon.

I think we will be looking at a head coach next rather than manager. That's just going off what Senior has said so far.

Rowett is the best recent example of a guy who can turn a team around in this division without spending money. Who's betting he is the last on any list! 

2 hours ago, gazsimm said:

i don't think Roy Keane would work with the Venkys. I still doubt the Coyle rumours to be true.

The last time I spoke with Roy Kean he was saying how much the management infrastructure had been destroyed by the Venkys. He was not impressed.

Just now, neophox said:

Senior is not backing Coyle....thats why "I" believe he will be potted soon.

I think he has his own remit, shame we have nobody in the club anymore who's primary priority is the success of the team.

If Senior has the authority to make significant changes like sacking the manager then how come Coyle is still here?

Senior has been here for a month and you can bet he was lurking in the shadows before being officially appointed.

I'm sure by now he must have reached the conclusion that Coyle isn't up to the job. If he hasn't then he must be clueless. Anyone who has watched Rovers against Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds and QPR since the turn of the year and only get 4 points from 12 despite 3 being at home and 3 being dreadful teams surely would have concluded he isn't keeping us up.

He might be able to order some new grass seed or some new stationery for the office without India's approval, like others have before him, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of hiring and firing managers and recruiting players, same old story but dressed differently to last time.

If he did have the power then Coyle would have gone by now and a few decent players would have come in. The fact neither has happened tells me he's either powerless or clueless, possibly both.

3 hours ago, Irishrover213 said:

If Coyle is been binned it need to be today or tomorrow. They would someone ready to start on Wednesday with huge game vs Rotherham on Saturday 

I did see Roy Keane at the game Saturday he sat about 3 rows behind senior he left with 15 to go. Doubt he'd even consider us. 

Think Roy is mad enough to take it imo... Right up his alley 

Probably all Senior can do is make recommendations to whoever he speaks that the manager should be changed. Sadly we all know other parties have the ear and still a large influence plus it depends who's ear and on which particular day it gets breathed in before anything happens. 

In the power stakes he's nowt more than another adviser and king handbag has already allegedly said to some on twitter Senior has 'eff all power'.

Obviously bitter that his latest wee gem is exposed as another dud yet again.

Just now, JHRover said:

If Senior has the authority to make significant changes like sacking the manager then how come Coyle is still here?

Senior has been here for a month and you can bet he was lurking in the shadows before being officially appointed.

I'm sure by now he must have reached the conclusion that Coyle isn't up to the job. If he hasn't then he must be clueless. Anyone who has watched Rovers against Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds and QPR since the turn of the year and only get 4 points from 12 despite 3 being at home and 3 being dreadful teams surely would have concluded he isn't keeping us up.

He might be able to order some new grass seed or some new stationery for the office without India's approval, like others have before him, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of hiring and firing managers and recruiting players, same old story but dressed differently to last time.

If he did have the power then Coyle would have gone by now and a few decent players would have come in. The fact neither has happened tells me he's either powerless or clueless, possibly both.

Simple solution. Employ a competent board and given them a fixed budget to work with for the financial year with a tier of expected and additional incentivised targets. DELEGATE responsibilities to the appropriate job employees. Let them do with the budget whatever they want, provided that they get you acceptable results. As an investor, that is ALL you should be doing.

Current scenario. Have a board and don't give them a budget. Make sure one person at the top is the only one who can sign off any sort of financial decision. Even ignore other family members who might have had time to at least try and manage the situation. Don't keep your finger on the pulse, and get shut of anybody who doesn't toe the positive party line, or ignore them and let them lose the will to work for you any more. Finally, after six years of poor results, don't change anything, but just trust people less and completely disengage with the fan base, while telling your minions to patronise them.

We can talk about Coyle's/Pasha's/Senior's competence all day long, and all of the theories linked with Steve Kean and anyone else who's gone before. We can target those people and call them names, but that doesn't highlight the real problems that have caused our huge downfall - the completely unsuitable way in which Venky's operate from the top. Anybody who's worked in an autocratic and close-knit family business might know about the absolutely tight control that is taken at the top, the lack of true delegation, and the waiting for decisions to be approved or disapproved. The person at the top is just always far too busy. It's exactly how I've seen the situation at Rovers; the disastrous results of everything and anything come down to how they function as a business. It might work for their chicken-feed business, which was self-created and has always been that way, but certainly not for Rovers.

Do I think Venky's are evil in the way that some do on here? No. But their way of operating has been extremely unsuitable for far too long. For those in the lower echelons of the club, I don't agree with insulting people based on hearsay, but even if I was, we're so quick to do it at the people who really don't matter.

Archived