SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DE. said:

Honestly, this doesn't require explanation. Nobody other than JBizzle seems offended. As 47er has pointed out, it's a bit odd that new posters often pop up in support of the current regime. If the big dogg is a genuine fan, then great, I'm sure he'll be around in a year still giving his two penneth. Most of these "controversial" new posters disappear after attempting to sow some dissension and are never seen again. Hardly a surprise people are suspicious.  

Getting offended on someone else's behalf comes naturally to our resident busybody.

• Backroom
Just now, Rover-the-Top said:

I've not always agreed with him, but Big Dogg has been making well reasoned points on the official messageboard for years.   I assume he's joined up here because that site has fallen over.   Have you considered that many of those new posters may simply be shocked that they're labelled "controversial" for showing some support for Rovers on what's supposed to be a Rovers messageboard, and decide it's not worth coming back to have their allegiance questioned further?  This site is an echo chamber for paranoia and negativity.  We could sack Coyle now and no one would be particularly upset, but whoever replaced him will still have the same poor players to try and perform miracles with and would probably be as hated on here within a few weeks.  You don't need to be a fan of Coyle to realise that changing manager won't fix things, our problems have been building up for years and run much deeper. 

I've never seen a single person able to genuinely defend their viewpoint with reasoned opinion have their allegiance or intelligence questioned. You rarely get that, though. 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

I'm more baffled by the argument that "you disagree with me, therefore you must be a wum, a plant, dingle or Madame Desai herself!"

Its never quite as blunt as this but it's still just as pointless. I'm one of the few (probably) who would like to see new blood here - maybe that explains why the comments "ruffled my feathers" DE.

Plenty of my sarcastic comments have caused people to label me a dingle, so I know how it feels. Cuts deep, man. But seriously, if it's one or two people, so what? Just ignore them. Most on here will give a decent debate without resorting to insults, as long as that courtesy is reciprocated. Obviously I do not include ICBINF in that statement.

New blood is fine, but it's a shame so few of these new posters have the ability or desire to back up their viewpoints. The Big Dogg is fighting his corner, and that's fine, but he's an exception to the norm. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rowetts is actually 42% v Coyles 39%. So maybe before accusing people of being "thick or on a wind-up" At lease check your facts. Was Rowetts budget as modest as our non-existent one over the past few years. Actually worse than non-existent , we actually sold a lot of our best players. People thinking that Coyle is the problem here, need to realign their focus big time. Sacking him will not improve things at this point. The team is his, let him get on with it. Most importantly ,support the team. 

Actually making Rowett out to be some kind of footballing genius is so ridiculous, I am not even going to discuss it anymore. 

Coyle's 39% was mostly boosted by results gained a decade or more ago, let's not forget that.

1 minute ago, Rover-the-Top said:

I've not always agreed with him, but Big Dogg has been making well reasoned points on the official messageboard for years.   I assume he's joined up here because that site has fallen over.   Have you considered that many of those new posters may simply be shocked that they're labelled "controversial" for showing some support for Rovers on what's supposed to be a Rovers messageboard, and decide it's not worth coming back to have their allegiance questioned further?  This site is an echo chamber for paranoia and negativity.  We could sack Coyle now and no one would be particularly upset, but whoever replaced him will still have the same poor players to try and perform miracles with and would probably be as hated on here within a few weeks.  You don't need to be a fan of Coyle to realise that changing manager won't fix things, our problems have been building up for years and run much deeper. 

Cheers RTT. 

Just to add on Coyle. Ya we could sack him ,pay him off. Then take on another manager on, sack them at the end of the season if we go down(I really dont believe that if a manager took over now and we still got relegated, that this season would be forgiven and that the majority of fans would still support him).Then pay him off as well. Some of you say "oh well it is Venkys money, so win/win" Well to be honest with you, such actions will tighten the purse strings here, but have little or no impact on Venkys overall corporation and metaphorical purse strings.

Yes we should have appointed Monk, Grayson, Warnock or any other number of managers last season, but we didn't. Senior is in now to oversee such appointments, and I can understand why he may think that sacking Coyle now will serve no purpose other than cost the club more money. There is no guarantee that Gary Rowett would do any better over the remaining games than Coyle would. 

To be honest I believe we will stay up with a game or 2 to spare. Now that the chips are down,I think we have enough in our squad to battle through this. Sacking Coyle now will just create more disruption at the club. In interviews Senior has all but aid that there will be changes during the summer. I would take it that Coyle leaving will be the first as soon as survival is guaranteed. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would prefer to wait until the summer, see who is available and actually make a decent appointment. Regardless of what division we are in. 

A great idea. Bowyer aside, the only other time we tried that was last summer.

If you consider who our best managerial appointment under Venkys was, at least at the time of it being made, you'd surely go with Lambert. He was appointed in November. Mind you, I fully recall how the football on the pitch was just as dire under Lambert as it was before - something most people on here choose to ignore.

It doesn't matter what time of year it is. If you need to do something to urgently improve the situation, just get it done. It makes sense to can him based on our dreadful season. I wouldn't hold my breath that this is the logical step that Desai will approve.

• Backroom

Bigger picture, sacking Coyle is at best delaying the inevitable. As long as we're owned by Venky's and/or unnamed others we're only going in one direction.

Shorter term the only way we survive this season is by sacking Coyle. All evidence points to him taking us down otherwise. I don't think anybody needs to worry too much about payouts, as A) purse strings were snapped shut ages ago, and B ) Chances are he's only here because he was prepared to work dirt cheap anyway. Unlikely he'd cost much to sack.

8 minutes ago, Rover-the-Top said:

Don't think anyone is claiming ridding ourselves of Coyle will 'fix things', nor denying that the problems run much deeper than the manager's position, which has been well documented.

I'm glad of new posters on here, Bigdoggsteel included. Regarding new posters leaving so their 'allegiance isn't questioned further', then I'd suggest thicker skin. This is the internet.

Just now, AggyBlue said:

Just got back from shopping and noticed five pages added while I was out.

Yes, he's gone I thought.

Skimmed through only to find most of the posts added by the new plant

Bah

Do you really think the club is clued in enough to have "a plant" on a random message board? They can't even keep the official one running due to some basic coding fault. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lads what is it with all the profiles pictures of boobs? It's bad enough running the risk of been caught looking here when at work, without someone seeing me looking at boobs! 

I'm sure now that absolutely no one will post any picture of boobs on here ever now.

Anticipating boobageddon any moment...

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or maybe because bringing back a  Rovers player(legend in this case) in Berg, didn't work out? 

I am pretty sure no manager will ever be popular here whilst Venkys own the club. 

Er..we had one. He was called lambert and what happened to him? Oh yes he was lied to..are you sure youre not associated with venkyscum?

Archived