Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

If Senior has the authority to make significant changes like sacking the manager then how come Coyle is still here?

The same reason Shebby couldn't sack Kean, I'd guess. That's why all talk of Venky's hiring a board of directors or creating any kind of competent structure is pointless. The club is not in a position to do so, even if one of the parties actually wanted to.

31 minutes ago, DE. said:

The same reason Shebby couldn't sack Kean, I'd guess. That's why all talk of Venky's hiring a board of directors or creating any kind of competent structure is pointless. The club is not in a position to do so, even if one of the parties actually wanted to.

Exactly this. If only our dual-ownership could be proved, legally.

IMO, Senior doesn't have power to sack Coyle But I'm sure that he will/would/have recommend that Coyle is sack. I'm sure Senior would like the power to appoint his choice of a head coach. I say head coach not manager. But Venkys don't give the power up and they like to be involved in this. They have never give the power to a board of directors and never will. Its not the way they work.

Imo, Senior will have names of a possible new head coach. Maybe Pasha wants Coyle sack and brought in Senior to force Coyle out.

We been told Senior have a plan A and Plan B of targets in the summer and the key question is will Senior be picking the players or Coyle?

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

IMO, Senior doesn't have power to sack Coyle But I'm sure that he will/would/have recommend that Coyle is sack. I'm sure Senior would like the power to appoint his choice of a head coach. I say head coach not manager. But Venkys don't give the power up and they like to be involved in this. They have never give the power to a board of directors and never will. Its not the way they work.

Imo, Senior will have names of a possible new head coach. Maybe Pasha wants Coyle sack and brought in Senior to force Coyle out.

We been told Senior have a plan A and Plan B of targets in the summer and the key question is will Senior be picking the players or Coyle?

What a load of tosh... Seniors plan will be to make himself or someone connected to him a nice percentage chaddyrovers senior is another who should be nowhere near Ewood.. As for head coach.. Who would work under him.. No one 

4 hours ago, DE. said:

Yes they have to have someone in situ representing each party it's been obvious from the off. They seemed to have got that with Slasha recently but he's been rumbled now and doesn't like it so they wheel in someone else. 

If a 3rd party doesn't have a stake or at least an influential contract in this club i'm Lord Lucan. It's so clear you could see it from Zurich.

6 minutes ago, Athlete said:

What a load of tosh... Seniors plan will be to make himself or someone connected to him a nice percentage chaddyrovers senior is another who should be nowhere near Ewood.. As for head coach.. Who would work under him.. No one 

Head coach? Plenty of coaches would. Loads of Foriegn head coach work under a Director of football at Clubs all over Europe

Just now, gumboots said:

Yes but their directors of football generally know something about football

Senior has worked in Football for years. So it would suggest he knows something. 

But only time will tell just how much power he got and whether he can walk the walk

Just now, gumboots said:

Not necessarily. Lots of people get jobs in football knowing very little about it. Seniors title is sporting director isnt it, not director of football.

Hes been in Football for years and years. Look at where he has work and how long. 

His official title is Director of Football and operations according to the official site

Chaddys handing out chance after chance after chance. All the way to non-league

Its obvious that Senior is a billy bullshitter and probably why he was recently sacked.

For once lets call a spade a spade. First impressions have been right at Ewood for the last 6 years.

15 hours ago, gazsimm said:

i don't think Roy Keane would work with the Venkys. I still doubt the Coyle rumours to be true.

Keane would be 'fun' while it lasted though...until he told the Vs to do one.

We know who is in Coyle's corner so he is safe unless Senior can do a Shebby on him...but how can he work compo if he walks.

The Dingle barsteward is tasked with getting us relegated and will get his bonus unless he goes very soon AND is replaced by Rowett or similar. My head and gut say both are extremely unlikely.

Who is Senior's Agent???

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Senior has worked in Football for years. So it would suggest he knows something. 

But only time will tell just how much power he got and whether he can walk the walk

Senior is not highly regarded anywhere chaddyrovers he's another joker 

45 minutes ago, gazsimm said:

Senior is just another yes man who is out of his depth. If he had any power from the Venkys he would of sacked Coyle along time ago.

He is only in the role 1 month. Secondly, contrary to what a lot of people may think, I don't see the benefit of sacking Coyle right now. There is no guarantee that a new manager would keep us up. We are in with a fighting chance. The players do seem to be playing for Coyle lately. 

The summer is a different story 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hes been in Football for years and years. Look at where he has work and how long. 

His official title is Director of Football and operations according to the official site

You really don't need to defend Senior's honour. He doesn't represent you.

Listen to what he has to say. 

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is only in the role 1 month. Secondly, contrary to what a lot of people may think, I don't see the benefit of sacking Coyle right now. There is no guarantee that a new manager would keep us up. We are in with a fighting chance. The players do seem to be playing for Coyle lately. 

The summer is a different story 

Completely disagree. Bottom three practically all season. Abject garbage for much of that time. Saturday was a must win game, there was no urgency at all whatsoever. Win it we did, but let's not pretend here, that was despite of Owen Coyle, not because of.

It's time he went.

However it would appear that we'd then have Swiss Tony Senior to recruit a replacement. Maybe with some help from Pasha. We truly are fortunate aren't we. 

Archived