BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is only in the role 1 month. Secondly, contrary to what a lot of people may think, I don't see the benefit of sacking Coyle right now. There is no guarantee that a new manager would keep us up. We are in with a fighting chance. The players do seem to be playing for Coyle lately. 

The summer is a different story 

Its funny but we always get posts like this, at time like this, from posters with hardly any history.

Apologise if you are genuine but it is odd.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
18 minutes ago, Amarillo said:

It's like you've learned diddly squat from the last six years.

I think it's probably a coping mechanism of sorts. Deep down Chaddy must know this guy is 99.99% certain to be a chancer who will have no positive impact on the club, just like every person who has come before him since Venky's took charge, but reality is hard to face...

24 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Completely disagree. Bottom three practically all season. Abject garbage for much of that time. Saturday was a must win game, there was no urgency at all whatsoever. Win it we did, but let's not pretend here, that was despite of Owen Coyle, not because of.

Yeah, but other than that he's doing pretty well. 

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its funny but we always get posts like this, at time like this, from posters with hardly any history.

Apologise if you are genuine but it is odd.

Ya, I'm Owen Coyle. Don't tell anybody and put your tinfoil hat back on :) 

The time to sack Coyle has come and gone. It was before Christmas. Doing it now would not guarantee survival in anyway. Most managers who I would have gotten are either in work. McCarthy, Warnock, Halloway to name but a few. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The time to sack Coyle has come and gone. It was before Christmas. Doing it now would not guarantee survival in anyway. Most managers who I would have gotten are either in work. McCarthy, Warnock, Halloway to name but a few. 

Not doing it now guarantees we get relegated...

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I certainly agree with you that he should have done long ago. However that's an odd reason to keep him on now!

We are in the relegation zone after all and have been there almost every week since the start of the season.

Someone else might improve the fitness, might select a better team, might have better tactics, might be clueier with subs and so on.

No excuse for doing nothing.

Rotherham appointed Neil Warnock on 11th February last season when they were in a worse position than we are now and with a weaker squad. He oversaw a  turn around in results which kept them up.

So I don't accept that it is too late to make a change that could keep us up.

Ultimately, I don't want him here next season regardless of what league we are in.

Sack him now, let the new guy come in with a view to a possible league 1 campaign next season.

I don't think sacking him can do any harm. He is useless and I honestly can't see us getting anyone one worse. I have just read the holes publication this morning, having had it by E Mail from the Trust. It just emphasises how Coyle just lied from the very start and how his SEM/ Kentaro connections mean, they are still highly influential. I would hope we don't get someone else from that stable if he does go though.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Ultimately, I don't want him here next season regardless of what league we are in.

Sack him now, let the new guy come in with a view to a possible league 1 campaign next season.

I'd take Johnson to be honest. Can't do any worse IMO and would give the likes of Mahoney a proper chance.

There will never be an ideal moment to sack Coyle. That moment came and went the moment he was appointed. However, the longer he stays the deeper the mire. We have players who can score goals and a midfield and defence that, properly trained and drilled, could keep out more than they do atm. We are not so far adrift that a change wouldn't make a difference. Even going into the last game if it was win and you stay up, it would be worth changing. And Coyle has lost the remaining fans in the ground so surely it's time to go, Owen

A new manager wouldn't improve fitness in such a short time frame. That takes months. The biggest factor in us dropping points this season has been individual errors. While I didn't want coyle here and I would have sacked him before Christmas. He isn't wholly responsible. Some of our players need to stand up and be counted also. 

I would imagine coyle knows he is a dead man walking regardless of whether we stay up or not. His likeleness of getting a job after here ,depends soely on how we finish this season. If we stay up he can argue the club is a basket case and he did well under difficult circumstances. If we go down,he is the manager who relegated Blackburn rovers to division 3. While not the popular choice,I believe keeping him until the end of the season is our best chance of staying up. That is based on potential candidates out there currently. I haven't heard one realistic manager being named here that I would say is better. Sad state of affairs,but true. 

• Backroom

Coyle will only ever get jobs at clubs with dodgy owners once his time here is up. Probably abroad. His managerial record, Burnley aside, is appalling.

We can either guarantee relegation by sticking with Coyle, or make a change and at least give ourselves a chance of surviving. Of course, as long as Venky's are here it would only be delaying the inevitable. We're going down this season or next, and if we have a next season in this division it is likely to be even worse than this one.  

A new manager wouldn't improve fitness in such a short time frame. That takes months. The biggest factor in us dropping points this season has been individual errors. While I didn't want coyle here and I would have sacked him before Christmas. He isn't wholly responsible. Some of our players need to stand up and be counted also. 

I would imagine coyle knows he is a dead man walking regardless of whether we stay up or not. His likeleness of getting a job after here ,depends soely on how we finish this season. If we stay up he can argue the club is a basket case and he did well under difficult circumstances. If we go down,he is the manager who relegated Blackburn rovers to division 3. While not the popular choice,I believe keeping him until the end of the season is our best chance of staying up. That is based on potential candidates out there currently. I haven't heard one realistic manager being named here that I would say is better. Sad state of affairs,but true. 

It's not just about fitness though. It's about respect and belief. Nobody really appears to respect Coyle. If we're going down I'd rather do it with a manager we'd stick with in league 1 and he might just get enough of a bounce to keep us up anyway. Coyle just needs to go and go soon. In ten mins would be lovely. Just give him time to pick up his stuff and shred his contract

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

the biggest factor in us dropping points this season has been individual errors. While I didn't want coyle here and I would have sacked him before Christmas. He isn't wholly responsible. Some of our players need to stand up and be counted also. 

I'm sorry but I don't accept this. 'Individual errors' is just an excuse. Those clubs that succeed find ways of eliminating such things and managing the games to ensure that they either don't happen, only happen in areas where the damage is minimal, or only happen when they are 2 or 3 goals to the good.

The better managers eliminate these mistakes, either by coaching their players to not make them, or by dropping players who make them and bringing in ones who don't.

So either Coyle is incapable of eliminating these mistakes, or he won't drop those players responsible and bring in ones who don't make them.

Its happened far too many times this season for it to be bad luck (true to form, Simon Garner is in the Telegraph today saying he hopes Rovers luck has changed)

Its also happened too often in the first 20 minutes and the last 20 minutes. So many precious points dropped from good positions late on in games. Off the top of my head I can think of more than 10 points dropped in the latter stages - Leeds, Preston, Burton, Reading, Fulham, Huddersfield, Bristol City.

It reeks of poor fitness, poor discipline, poor game management, poor concentration. All things that the quality managers immediately identify and get to work on improving.

It isn't down to anything other than poor management and coaching. A lack of fitness also contributes because the players are dead on their feet in the dying minutes.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

All stems from the manager.

A well organised team, who all know what their jobs are once they step onto the pitch make fewer individual mistakes.

It's laughable that Coyle doesn't have the team fit enough, how can he not know the fitness levels required or simply not put enough stock into fitness overall and expect anything other than to constantly concede late goals. Added to that, unfit players will make more individual mistakes as they get more tired.

**EDIT** JHRover (as usual) nails it, in one great post.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A new manager wouldn't improve fitness in such a short time frame. That takes months. The biggest factor in us dropping points this season has been individual errors. While I didn't want coyle here and I would have sacked him before Christmas. He isn't wholly responsible.

You're right. Sack Venky's, SEM, Anderson, Huber as well.

It's before Christmas, so I think we can sack him now.

Venky's won't, of course.

43 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd take Johnson to be honest. Can't do any worse IMO and would give the likes of Mahoney a proper chance.

Ex-Rover, more popular with the fans and will bring through youngsters for a profit. It's a no-brainer for them, I'm surprised they haven't already done it. I can only assume the other owners don't approve.

33 minutes ago, gumboots said:

There will never be an ideal moment to sack Coyle. That moment came and went the moment he was appointed. However, the longer he stays the deeper the mire. We have players who can score goals and a midfield and defence that, properly trained and drilled, could keep out more than they do atm. We are not so far adrift that a change wouldn't make a difference. Even going into the last game if it was win and you stay up, it would be worth changing. And Coyle has lost the remaining fans in the ground so surely it's time to go, Owen

The biggest issue has to be losing the fans. Surely once that happens the game is up?

48 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agree. Johnson with Dunny as number 2 would be my choice till the summer. Would like to see experience coach with them

48 minutes ago, 1arC said:

I don't think sacking him can do any harm. He is useless and I honestly can't see us getting anyone one worse. I have just read the holes publication this morning, having had it by E Mail from the Trust. It just emphasises how Coyle just lied from the very start and how his SEM/ Kentaro connections mean, they are still highly influential. I would hope we don't get someone else from that stable if he does go though.

How do you get a copy of it?

Would like to have a proper read of it

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't heard one realistic manager being named here that I would say is better. Sad state of affairs,but true. 

Gary Rowett would be a great choice but it will never happen tho. Would be my 1st choice. 

Or maybe because bringing back a  Rovers player(legend in this case) in Berg, didn't work out? 

I am pretty sure no manager will ever be popular here whilst Venkys own the club.  

But they wouldn't be "bringing back" Johnno. He's already part of the set-up.

Also, you really don't think the fans would be less likely to turn on him than Coyle?

I don't get all this Gary Rowett love, like he is somehow the greatest manager who ever existed and will be our night on a white horse with shining armour. The guy  managed Burton and Birmingham for around 24 months in total, achieving slightly above average success. What are people basing his suitability for here on ,apart from the fact that he is out of work? I don't understand. 

Just now, Amarillo said:

But they wouldn't be "bringing back" Johnno. He's already part of the set-up.

Also, you really don't think the fans would be less likely to turn on him than Coyle?

If he lost 3-4 games after taking over, I am sure it would be all the one whether he had played for Rovers or not to be honest. 

Archived