BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don'y let 'em grind you down Mercerman.  This board is a better place for your posts!

Grind him down? He's grinding me down.

He keeps trying to get everyone's hopes up only to go missing (presumably enjoying a nice bottle of red) when nothing happens.

I wish, just once, one of his prophesies would come true and we can all celebrate together. Venkys have been leaving since about 5 years ago. He promised Abbey!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As ever it was very convenient that the first thing Lambert wanted to do was sell Rhodes and hey presto Middlesbrough come back in with another bid which their own manager seemed to know nothing about and who nearly lost his job in a tantrum because he was getting stick for not playing Rhodes every week, preferring instead to go with Nugent on his own up front. 

No doubt about it Lambert was led to believe by someone that the proceeds of sales would be made available to him in the summer window to rebuild the squad. The prospect of £10 million to help rebuild the squad was too much to ignore so Lambert made a sacrifice with the greater good in mind.

I'm sure if he'd been given a choice between keep Rhodes and get no money to spend or sell Rhodes and get no money to spend he'd have been more reluctant to boot Rhodes out the exit door.

He was had hook line and sinker like so many others. 

Who knows what they promise people. They promised us the earth when buying the club back in 2010 so I bet that has carried on since with managers and executives. Promising them big cash and backing to turn this mess around but then when the time comes for the cash or action it doesn't materialise. The phone is engaged, silence from India, then people get sacked or give up and quit and the cycle starts again.

I bet they were offering Warnock a very tidy sum for him to consider coming here. Obviously it would have ended in disaster because Warnock would have walked the minute they started to muck him about, whereas Coyle won't which makes life easier for them.

They've probably promised Senior authority and funds for players but he'll find out like others before him that it doesn't work like that here.

5 hours ago, rigger said:

This is only my opinion, we have to do something about our defending, at the moment we have nothing to loose as we have probably the worst defence in our league. Everyone always complains about weakness in the fullback positions. Personally I would play three central defenders, try to teach two players to play as half-backs, two central mid-fielders, one winger, and two central forwards. But the most important tactic is to make sure every player understands the first objective is to stop the opposition from scoring, and that every player has a responsibility in doing that.  

Sure they need to know their objective but that's no good if they aren't fit enough to do anything about it!

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

or the bloke who beat Liverpool at Anfield the week before.

Rhodes was never Lambert type of main striker. said this pretty much from day 1. He always wanted rid and bring in his own types of strikers. Always said he wanted to play a target man type with skilful strike/number 10. He signed Graham and Watt to play these positions. We only signed 7 players in the window. the other players we signed were Ward, Bennett, Jackson, Grimes and Gomez.

The bloke who beat Liverpool's reserves. Those lads can't even get in a team that can't beat Hull. It's all relative.

I think we all knew Rhodes wasn't Lambert's type of player. I said it about Lambert before Lambert even knew it himself. Possibly earlier. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Lambert also signed 13 players in one window. Let's no rewrite history  

Then let me stop you. Lambert only signed seven players. Eight if you include Doneil Henry but I think that deal was already agreed before he arrived. And most of them were loan deals.

Just now, Amarillo said:

Then let me stop you. Lambert only signed seven players. Eight if you include Doneil Henry but I think that deal was already agreed before he arrived. And most of them were loan deals.

Yeah sorry, I was thinking of Coyle last summer. I don't mean like that, nothing happened between me and Coyle last summer. He just signed 13 players.

Lambert though, what a guy...

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Yeah sorry, I was thinking of Coyle last summer. I don't mean like that, nothing happened between me and Coyle last summer. He just signed 13 players.

Lambert though, what a guy...

Lambert was IMO the only manager in the last 6 sh1tty sorry years that felt like a real manager.

Others have different opinions but I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Rudy or Rhodes? Rudy had already gone iirc. That other 20 goal a season striker, Rhodes,  stopped scoring as soon as Lambert turned up. 

Lambert also signed 13 players in one window. Let's no rewrite history and claim Lambert only had GB's already starting-to-be dismantled squad to play with.

Such misplaced gratitude to a manager that didn't care less about Rovers...tut tut 

I think we can agree they were both better than Coyle.

Certainly were and i'd take Bowyer over this goon anytime. To be fair i did say GB should have been given a bit of a chance after we'd exited embargo but they were never going to give him anything to spend. I reckon he'd have jacked anyway if they'd sold Rhodes under him and not given him a few quid to spend again after the millions he made them on Rudy & TC. 

It did make sense to me to trade him for someone like Lambert at the time though but it seems it was a hoax and i think neither decision was made with football being the priority.

Conjob again !

Just now, tomphil said:

Certainly were and i'd take Bowyer over this goon anytime. To be fair i did say GB should have been given a bit of a chance after we'd exited embargo but they were never going to give him anything to spend. I reckon he'd have jacked anyway if they'd sold Rhodes under him and not given him a few quid to spend again after the millions he made them on Rudy & TC. 

It did make sense to me to trade him for someone like Lambert at the time though but it seems it was a hoax and i think neither decision was made with football being the priority.

Conjob again !

I've given up trying to second-guess the actions of our beloved owners. Sometimes I think they are just plain bent, other times just incompetent. That goes for every decision they've ever made.

One day it will be nice to talk just about the football, and not owners that poison every aspect of the club. 

Your not wrong pal i'd give anything just to switch off from it and just go to the games and moan about what's happening on the pitch. Too immersed in the crap of it all now like a lot of us, 6 bloody years we all need cleansing.

5 hours ago, Mercerman said:

When Senior was first appointed, I posted that the gossip was Coyle didn't see the appointment coming at all and was fuming; there has been nothing in recent events, including the transfer window, to suggest that this is incorrect.

I posted a week or so ago that I believed Coyle was on the thinnest of thin ice.  I have since seen or heard nothing that changes my view.  In my view, Coyle will be gone before the month is out, either cheaply or with nothing at all - things could be about to get very interesting.

If i Had a pound for everyonr Of yoUr Predictions coming true, i Would be a millionaire

Just now, neophox said:

Mercerman could be right about Coyle being potted soon..

What have you heard?

Just now, neophox said:

Could we have Johnson and Dunn as caretakers?

Wouldnt shock me at all this. 

What we have more chance of staying up with Johnson and Dunn instead of Coyle?

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He praised the owners when he left. 

Only in a roundabout way. Surely you wouldn't expect him to openly criticise them and destroy his job prospects?

Archived