BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Just now, 47er said:

Surely Venkys appointed him or agreed to the appointment and haven"t sacked him. Therefore they are to blame.

Nail on head. can't believe there is not a mega Venky's out topic on the MB

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyle was sacked at bolton when 18th in the championship having only won 3 games out of 10 at the start of the championship season, he was picked up by Wigan where Dave Whelan saw right through his inability to manage and sacked him after 20 games in charge, claiming dodgy dealings afoot over player selection also.

He then spent 12 months eating and was eventually picked up by Houston where he won 16, drew 11 and lost 22, he jumped ship with them rooted to the bottom on the league having spent big for Houston in the transfer market.

So he was the perfect appointment for us, absolutely bleedin useless as a football manager, fits the brief perfectly.

How can people carry on paying good money to watch with such blatant mismanagement afoot? 

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

How can people carry on paying good money to watch with such blatant mismanagement afoot? 

Why do you keepcricitising the people who are season ticket holders? 

I am passionate Rovers fan and will always been so. I wont give up..

Only people who can sack him is the people in India. You really think they give a toss about what fans think or protests..cos they dont. 

So Gav, how do get a message to them?

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Coyle looks like he will get the year ,regardless of results. 

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with him in league 1. 

That was the plan by the looks of it with K**n.

And they'd have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for those meddling kids........ 

The thing is, Coyle was never appointed to get results. That was never the plan or the hope when it comes to Venkys. I know this is sometimes often said by people who really dislike the owners, but I am so utterly convinced about that I would put my house on the line. It is impossible for me to imagine that a group of people, even as clueless as Venkys are, got together and seriously considered that Coyle is the man to get us points and win us games.

As to why exactly Coyle was appointed, that is a different mystery to investigate, but no, he will not be sacked over bad results. League 1, League 2, wherever we end up. If he does get sacked, it will be part of the plan of whatever Venky's true motives are.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only people who can sack him is the people in India. You really think they give a toss about what fans think or protests..cos they dont. 

DON'T GO?

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Heres one thing they do give a toss about. Money. Everyone does. You do. They do. Everyone cares about money.

If you do not attend, it costs them money. The more money the club costs them, the more likely they are to sell it.

I bought an Alfa Romeo. Its lovely, but its always breaking. Every time it breaks, it costs me money to repair. So i'm selling my Alfa Romeo. Its that simple.

An empty stadium is not something that can be covered up by fudging the attendance figures. It will never happen for various reasons but hypothetically it would make a bold statement against the owners.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Over 12k ST holders have GONE and still they dont care. Its pocket money to them. They done nothing to get them back. Nothing at all!!!

They must be bothered about losing that many customers. If their other businesses lost over 50% of their customer base  they would do something about. No business in the world would operate like that.

They don't know what to do and because they don't want any due diligence done for any potential sale they are stuck and are doing nothing.

Out of interest what do you believe their end game is?

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Over 12k ST holders have GONE and still they dont care. Its pocket money to them. They done nothing to get them back. Nothing at all!!!

Not true. They have made alterations when attendances have gone down, they've pulled the plug on transfers to cover the difference.

Just now, arbitro said:

They must be bothered about losing that many customers. If their other businesses lost over 50% of their customer base  they would do something about. No business in the world would operate like that.

They don't know what to do and because they don't want any due diligence done for any potential sale they are stuck and are doing nothing.

Out of interest what do you believe their end game is?

I know you asked chaddy but here are my thoughts. You'd think they'd be bothered. Any rational thinking organisation / person would certainly be bothered. But show me one thing that they have done, one positive action they have carried out in an attempt to bring the fans back? Every year season tickets go on sale later and later - it's almost like an after thought. There's no early bird / early incentive scheme offering a discount. You'd think they'd be doing everything and anything to get as many people in the ground as possible. Oh, of course, there's the Premier League pledge. (as though anyone bought a ST on the back of that promo...)

Due diligence  / going through the books. I'm not buying that. This club has issued more NDA's in the last 6 years than MI5 I'd wager. if they wanted to sell I'm sure they could - and the chances are nothing would ever come out about just what the hell has been going on.

I'd suggest that:

They don't fully own the club - they are just a front. Agent or Agents - own a large stake. Why have Pasha (venkys?) and Senior (agents)? What purpose does that serve? Is this why nothing ever gets decided?

or

They are so loaded that this simply doesn't hurt them, they're not bothered in the slightest. Bad press? You wouldn't know they even existed this lot. Never utter a word. Don't forget this look go toe to toe with PETA - regrettably I doubt chucking tennis balls on the pitch is going to bother them.

What is their end game? Who knows? I haven't a clue. I struggle to see just what pleasure / benefit they're getting from any of this now. There are no assets left. They are surely losing money. Not that I think they've ever been bothered but the football is crap as well.

Why on earth they don't PUT THE CLUB UP FOR SALE is anyone's guess. 

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

What is their end game? Who knows? I haven't a clue. I struggle to see just what pleasure / benefit they're getting from any of this now. There are no assets left. They are surely losing money. Not that I think they've ever been bothered but the football is crap as well.

Why on earth they don't PUT THE CLUB UP FOR SALE is anyone's guess. 

This last paragraph is exactly why people come up with "conspiracy" theories. There is no logic to their ownership. There was barely any when it began and there is certainly none now. Advantages to owning the club are at this point zero. I can't think of a single thing. A list of negatives meanwhile would need a heavy clipboard.

It's obvious that a big part of the picture is publicly hidden, and you have to assume the reluctance to sell is something to do with that. It's a bit like the bonus board in Catchphrase, even if all the squares are eliminated you still might not know what the hell is going on.   

19 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Due diligence  / going through the books. I'm not buying that. This club has issued more NDA's in the last 6 years than MI5 I'd wager. if they wanted to sell I'm sure they could - and the chances are nothing would ever come out about just what the hell has been going on.

I'd suggest that:

They don't fully own the club - they are just a front. Agent or Agents - own a large stake. Why have Pasha (venkys?) and Senior (agents)? What purpose does that serve? Is this why nothing ever gets decided?

I think Bob that the ownership of the club has always been questioned and perhaps having to give access to any potential suitors would blow the lid on this. If this is the case the next logical conclusion would be something to hide ie criminality.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You do not have the corner  on passion for Rovers, a term that pops up in many of your posts.  Gav is and so am I and so are many others.  Why else would we use an MB as a brickwall to bang our heads against. 

3 hours ago, koi said:

He could lose every game this season and he'd still be the manager next season.

Owen 'can't win a game of football' Coyle is becoming ever more a Burnley legend with each passing Rovers game.

agree that the only reason not to have sold us is because of something untoward. No other explanation makes sense - even that they don't care. Venkys in one sense only are very protective of us - eg ignoring offers for take over, NDAs, not putting us in admin. Clearly there is something to hide.

equally I doubt that Coyle was appointed for any legitimate reason, even that of saving money. The chances of the only person doing it cheaper than Warnock being the ex dingle manager? A divide no manager had crossed. I very much doubt that Clueless was the only manager in the whole country with a single promotion and out of work who's have done it cheaper. Strange though that he was selected. ( And that's before we get into his lies and appointment process.)

Archived