SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was told today by somebody who is usually correct with his information that Coil is working for £2k a week. Don't shoot the messenger here.

I heard the same.

It's been about doing everything as cheaply as possible for a while now.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Least he is cheap to sack so begs the question why it hasn't happened yet?

He would be cheap to fire but how could he be replaced for similar money. In Venkyworld that is all that matters.

I was just thinking about Coyle being on £2k per week, but just remembered his boss once worked all through January, with no sleep for nothing. Now that's a bargain and Owen needs to take a leaf out of his book. That's if he knows him of course!

The Football Association has outlined the process for deciding away ticket allocations at FA Cup with Budweiser ties.

A spokesman for the competition said: "FA Cup rules allow for an away allocation of up to 15% of the home stadium.

"However this is subject to the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) agreeing to that ticket allocation number.

Arsenal v Everton

The FA Cup with Budweiser
Sixth Round
12.45pm, Saturday 8 March
Emirates Stadium
Live on I

"The SAG is made up of services such as the local council, police, fire brigade and the club amongst others and issues the stadium’s health and safety certificate.

"In regards to the Arsenal v Everton Sixth Round tie at the Emirates on Saturday 8 March, the local SAG has chosen to allocate just under 9% to the Everton supporters.

"Although we appreciate the disappointment in the SAG not granting the full 15% allocation, it is nearly double the amount of tickets that Everton would have received for the Premier League fixture at the Emirates back in December.

"The FA does not have any input into the decision of the SAG and cannot change it as this is a matter of health and safety."

Need to ensure Utd only get 15% or just the Darwin whilst we hold as many boycotting as possible.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This guy is the biggest fraud in English football, bar none. I was going to say the biggest fraud in football, but step forward Steve Kean for that accolade. How on earth have we deserved this?

If I could only push one into a huge vat of acid, I'd probably jump in myself, just to save me from the survivor. 

Senior needs to make himself useful and offer Gary Rowett whatever he wants to take over even if only until the end of the season at first. He might as well manage us as do nothing.

Average 42.3% win rate over his managerial career to date with Burton and Birmingham. And Brum were struggling badly when he took over there as well.

That compares with Coyle's 33/30/32/30 over his last 4 jobs.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Senior needs to make himself useful and offer Gary Rowett whatever he wants to take over even if only until the end of the season at first. He might as well manage us as do nothing.

Average 42.3% win rate over his managerial career to date with Burton and Birmingham. And Brum were struggling badly when he took over there as well.

Would be great but zero chance. If you can find that coils win percentage is 33/30/32/30 over his last 4 jobs how come dumb and dumber did not bother to look before hiring the outstanding one. I think we know the answer to that.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would mean functioning like a normal football club, with aims and ambitions of bettering themselves all the time. Just how professional sports clubs should be doing.

Sadly we are not one of those clubs that subscribes to this mantra (putting it mildly).

I'd be almost as shocked if we hired Rowett as if we had signed Messi.

The man is utterly incompetent as we all know. What has surprised me is the quantity of goals that we concede in the final 10mins + stoppages. Ive lost track of the amount of times we have drawn or lost a game thanks to a late goal. Last night was just another example. Once again a ridiculous goal to concede-a set play in the 89th minute. We never learn, its like groundhog day the same sh$t happening over and over. Venkys out. Coyle out.

Just did a quick scan of our results.

Of the 28 games we've played so far we have conceded in the last 10mins (I squeezed in Brighton 79th minute) in 12 of our games and of those games we have only won twice, drawn twice and lost the rest.

Burton @ home (88) - Draw

Fulham @ Home (90+4) - Loss

Leeds away (86) - Loss

Rotherham @ Home (83) – Won

Forest @ home (90+3) – Won

Bristol away (88) - Loss

PNE away – (80) – Loss

Brighton @ home (79) – Loss

Reading @ home (90+2) – Loss

Barnsely away – (90+3) – Loss

Hudds away – (90+3) – Draw

Leeds @ home – (89) - Loss

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That would mean spending cash when clearly the remit is to cut costs.. Senior director of football he wasn't even that at Sheff wed.. Another chancer who should be nowhere near Ewood 

51 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Clearly, our only hope now is a change of manager.  If the club have any interest in staying up,  they would appoint someone this week.  They won't.

If he did go, it would take another 6 weeks to find another outstanding candidate.

They have no interest otherwise Coyle would have gone before the end of the window 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Clearly, our only hope now is a change of manager.  If the club have any interest in staying up,  they would appoint someone this week.  They won't.

If he did go, it would take another 6 weeks to find another outstanding candidate.

Windy:  have a look at the Sporting Director thread.  It is Senior, not Pasha, who runs the show (comedy show?).

Senior is just here to add another layer of protection to Pasha and Venkys and take the questions and aggro from supporters in Blackburn whilst they get up to whatever it is they are up to in the shadows. I think the hope is that with Cheston and Senior on the ground and Coyle doing his bit that fans will forget about Venkys and Pasha.

An outrageous number of goals conceded late on in games this season which shows absolutely no sign of stopping which will take us down. Of course good managers would have identified this massive problem and worked on sorting it out by improving fitness, organisation and concentration late on in games. Coyle is utterly incapable of doing this and instead continues to blame it on individual mistakes and switching off at the crucial moment rather than as a symptom of poor fitness levels and a lack of discipline during games.

There's no way people like Rowett, Warnock, Lambert or Davies would preside over such wretched statistics as Coyle has to his name this season, because they would have identified weaknesses and worked their socks off on the training ground all week and kicked backsides in the dressing room until they got to a stage where we weren't throwing points away in crucial games.

I don't want to absolve Venkys of blame, but I'm struggling to blame them for appalling fitness, and repeatedly falling behind in games and throwing points away in the last 10 minutes. That's a coaching problem and of course the solution to that is to change manager, quickly.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Just did a quick scan of our results.

Of the 28 games we've played so far we have conceded in the last 10mins (I squeezed in Brighton 79th minute) in 12 of our games and of those games we have only won twice, drawn twice and lost the rest.

Burton @ home (88) - Draw

Fulham @ Home (90+4) - Loss

Leeds away (86) - Loss

Rotherham @ Home (83) – Won

Forest @ home (90+3) – Won

Bristol away (88) - Loss

PNE away – (80) – Loss

Brighton @ home (79) – Loss

Reading @ home (90+2) – Loss

Barnsely away – (90+3) – Loss

Hudds away – (90+3) – Draw

Leeds @ home – (89) - Loss

Nailed on fitness issue plus to many donuts and to little tactics. 

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't want to absolve Venkys of blame, but I'm struggling to blame them for appalling fitness, and repeatedly falling behind in games and throwing points away in the last 10 minutes. That's a coaching problem and of course the solution to that is to change manager, quickly.

Surely Venkys appointed him or agreed to the appointment and haven"t sacked him. Therefore they are to blame.

42 minutes ago, Athlete said:

They have no interest otherwise Coyle would have gone before the end of the window 

Coyle should have gone weeks ago, never mind this window. Around 15 / 16 games in most around us started changing managers. They wanted to stay up or at least try everything possible to do so.

Archived