BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to believe that owning Rovers is in some way beneficial to their sales of poultry products in India. I'm sure 99% of their customers in India buy their products regardless and the majority would never have heard of Blackburn Rovers or know that Venkys own them. Even then, how could they know that improved business fortunes in India were any shape or form related to Rovers?

I can start to believe that there is some sort of accounting practice taking place with Rovers making substantial losses and them using that to their advantage with their other business interests, but my knowledge of those sort of schemes is poor, so I couldn't really comment further. I'd still need some convincing that a club costing them (or someone) upwards of £15 million per year for no guaranteed return is worthwhile to take advantage of tax laws etc.

As for the latest man in the dugout, he's becoming even more of a self parody every passing day. He chose to recruit people like Stokes, Brown, Mulgrew and Hoban despite all having fitness issues. We could all see in the summer when he was signing them that they would all miss chunks of the season through injury, yet the one handing out the contracts was quite happy to get them in on 1,2,3 year deals which we will be saddled with in League One if the likely outcome happens this season. Only last week he was claiming he had a good strong squad that would be fine if no reinforcements arrived, now he's moaning about numbers and injuries in key areas and saying signings are essential. He's a joke. The only optimism I have is the increasingly ridiculous and laughable comments he's making are coming from him knowing he's under big pressure and his days are numbered (unlikely I know).

My thoughts as well. The reason they didn't launch their Chicken Express here was relegation, negative publicity and pood PR. No chance they have grown their brand internationally with the Rovers debacle / association.

• Backroom

Bloody hell JH my days will be numbered if I keep reading the rubbish coyle spouts in the local rag. We need a youtube video of his quotes maybe with the benny hill theme tune in the background. He is a embarrassment.

Brilliant idea, a compilation of hilarious quotes from the last 6 years.

Leave it with me!

Could GB save us from relegation again but this time indirectly ? Surely no place for Coyle to hide if we get stuffed.

You'd be surprised. Remember Kean's forfeit to lower league Cardiff in the Cup Semi-Final a few years ago? The circus rolled on regardless of a pitiful performance and result.

Yep he'll be altering his tune from protests don't bother us to the empty stadium made it difficult or something like that. He's already done a 360 this week telling us we don't need to sign anybody to we desperately need numbers in. Cretin.

• Backroom

If Coyle was going to be sacked I think it would already have happened by now. When you think back to the managers that have been booted - Berg, Appleton & Bowyer - all were done fairly quickly and decisively after poor runs of form. We've been under a poor run of form with Coyle since day one and there's no hint he is going anywhere. He'll take us down to League One, and maybe that's the plan.

If Coyle was going to be sacked I think it would already have happened by now. When you think back to the managers that have been booted - Berg, Appleton & Bowyer - all were done fairly quickly and decisively after poor runs of form. We've been under a poor run of form with Coyle since day one and there's no hint he is going anywhere. He'll take us down to League One, and maybe that's the plan.

Correct. He isn't going anywhere and he'll be here with us in League One to continue this process.

The amazing thing is that the majority of people on here suspected this is how it would pan out. Within the first few days of him getting the job many on here were predicting that he would go the same way as Kean and be 'unsackable'.

Very few expected him to do a Berg or Appleton and be sacked after a few weeks. Very few expected him to do a Bowyer and bring stability and pride back to the club whilst developing some excellent young players. Very few expected him to do a Lambert and resign in protest.

I, along with others on here, saw exactly how this was going to pan out. He gets the job in suspicious circumstances, delivers appalling results all season, we occupy a bottom 3 position all season, he's not sacked or even rumoured to be under pressure despite changes with the directors at the club, and the ultimate outcome is relegation. The only difference between now and 2011-12 is that Coyle has had an easier time of things by virtue of Venkys being, quite rightly, the focus of attention rather than last time when it was nearly all Kean.

Isn't that amazing.

None of us have spoken to Venkys, none of us have heard from Venkys for years, none of us know the precise series of events behind Coyle getting the job, and yet many of us could have predicted with extreme accuracy how this season would unfold both on and off the pitch before a ball had even been kicked or a single player signed.

Correct. He isn't going anywhere and he'll be here with us in League One to continue this process.

The amazing thing is that the majority of people on here suspected this is how it would pan out. Within the first few days of him getting the job many on here were predicting that he would go the same way as Kean and be 'unsackable'.

Very few expected him to do a Berg or Appleton and be sacked after a few weeks. Very few expected him to do a Bowyer and bring stability and pride back to the club whilst developing some excellent young players. Very few expected him to do a Lambert and resign in protest.

I, along with others on here, saw exactly how this was going to pan out. He gets the job in suspicious circumstances, delivers appalling results all season, we occupy a bottom 3 position all season, he's not sacked or even rumoured to be under pressure despite changes with the directors at the club, and the ultimate outcome is relegation. The only difference between now and 2011-12 is that Coyle has had an easier time of things by virtue of Venkys being, quite rightly, the focus of attention rather than last time when it was nearly all Kean.

Isn't that amazing.

None of us have spoken to Venkys, none of us have heard from Venkys for years, none of us know the precise series of events behind Coyle getting the job, and yet many of us could have predicted with extreme accuracy how this season would unfold both on and off the pitch before a ball had even been kicked or a single player signed.

That's why 5/1 was amazing value at the beginning of the season, for us to be relegated.

That's why 5/1 was amazing value at the beginning of the season, for us to be relegated.

Chuck the wad on that was won from Coyle's out of the blue super odds appointment and you could be looking at a decent amount at the end of the season.

Just imagine what the amount would be if you had a punt on all our manager sackings/appointments, oh for insider info .

Isn't that amazing.

Absolutely my thinking also. The way he was appointed told me everything I needed to know about affairs at the club. I can put up with lots of things but I won't put with being conned and cheated.

Coyle cut something of an exasperated figure this week when once again pressed about the likelihood of incomings.

He should walk like Lambert did and show this lot up whilst retaining some dignity.

One thing he cannot claim is that he didnt know when he signed that this would happen.

Oh and that he had never heard of SEM.

Coyle cut something of an exasperated figure this week when once again pressed about the likelihood of incomings.

He should walk like Lambert did and show this lot up whilst retaining some dignity.

One thing he cannot claim is that he didnt know when he signed that this would happen.

Oh and that he had never heard of SEM.

He isn't cut from the same cloth as Lambert. I have said many times he has a huge ego to feed and loves being in the limelight. The delusional aspect of Coil is on a par with Kean. I don't believe there is a cat in hells chance of him resigning, in his mind he is doing fine and as we see from the plethora of excuses it is hardly ever down to him.

He isn't cut from the same cloth as Lambert. I have said many times he has a huge ego to feed and loves being in the limelight. The delusional aspect of Coil is on a par with Kean. I don't believe there is a cat in hells chance of him resigning, in his mind he is doing fine and as we see from the plethora of excuses it is hardly ever down to him.

And theres not a pasha in hell chance he will be relieved of his duties so looks like its league 1 (or the third division as I still call it)

Yep he'll be altering his tune from protests don't bother us to the empty stadium made it difficult or something like that. He's already done a 360 this week telling us we don't need to sign anybody to we desperately need numbers in. Cretin.

That's 180 degrees isn't it?

wouldn't surprise me if its 360 degrees by the end of the window though........

You 100 percent can. He under cut Warnock and offered to work at 10 percent of his contract. The bloke is an utter snake and that's being kind.

cant blame coyle for being useless or for taking a job with 6 figure pay and bonuses

can only blame those who hired him

Pasha out !!

You 100 percent can. He under cut Warnock and offered to work at 10 percent of his contract. The bloke is an utter snake and that's being kind.

Can't he read the League table?

Can't he read the League table?

The key words are ego and excuses. In his mind he will still believe we will be safe and are in that position in the league because of other things. He will see himself as blameless.

please take out

Archived