BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

I don't believe Coyle is trying to get us relegated or that he is on a bonus, I just think he's absolutely clueless and is just happy to be in a job in English football. That works perfectly for Venky's as he wont rock the boat, will tow the party line and cause them no fuss whatsoever. He will never get a job in the top two leagues again so he's happy to keep schtum. I don't think they're aiming to get us relegated I think they don't care if we do or don't. That's the worst case really, they genuinely don't care about us.

I agree. Coil has a massive ego to feed and seems to adopt a 'no publicity is bad publicity' mantra. He needs to be in the public eye and there was no better evidence of this than when he was at Burnley and he picked himself regularly for their Reserves, denying a young player the chance to prove himself. It's all about him and ego and power are a hugely combustible mix. He isn't capable of embracing anything innovative and his old fashioned methods prove just how limited he is intellectually and technically.

His incompetence is costing Rovers, anything else I believe is coincidence.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe Coyle is trying to get us relegated or that he is on a bonus, I just think he's absolutely clueless and is just happy to be in a job in English football. That works perfectly for Venky's as he wont rock the boat, will tow the party line and cause them no fuss whatsoever. He will never get a job in the top two leagues again so he's happy to keep schtum. I don't think they're aiming to get us relegated I think they don't care if we do or don't. That's the worst case really, they genuinely don't care about us.

Agree with this, however with the planned joint protest this weekend I'm expecting (guessing!) a sacking maybe thursday/friday to try and quell the peasants.

I agree. Coil has a massive ego to feed and seems to adopt a 'no publicity is bad publicity' mantra. He needs to be in the public eye and there was no better evidence of this than when he was at Burnley and he picked himself regularly for their Reserves, denying a young player the chance to prove himself. It's all about him and ego and power are a hugely combustible mix. He isn't capable of embracing anything innovative and his old fashioned methods prove just how limited he is intellectually and technically.

His incompetence is costing Rovers, anything else I believe is coincidence.

Did you not see the massive fuss Rovers made about him scoring in a 5 a side game against some journalists, it was cringeworthy. We've come to the point where we are supposed to be excited by some 'never-has-been' scoring in a kick around against some portly office jockeys. It's a long way from Souness chasing Dunny round Brockhole kicking lumps out of him.

There is no conspiracy. Coyle was hired because he is cheap. He is cheap because he has shown himself to be a poor manager since his initial success at Burnley and we are doing badly because he is a poor manager.

No-one wants to do badly in the sense that if there was a choice of doing well or badly everyone would want to do well. However the reality is we have very little income and for the last 12 months we've seen the owners try to reduce losses by minimising expenditure hence the appointment of Coyle on the cheap.

Whether the owners still care enough to fork out money on sacking him and his team and appoint replacements remains to be seen. As has been mentioned by other posters they may be intent on simply carrying down the least cost route in the short term in the vain hope things miraculously turn round.

Of course in the long run that's a false economy because the long term cost of dropping down the divisions would far outweigh the cost of potting Coyle and his team.

Did you not see the massive fuss Rovers made about him scoring in a 5 a side game against some journalists, it was cringeworthy. We've come to the point where we are supposed to be excited by some 'never-has-been' scoring in a kick around against some portly office jockeys. It's a long way from Souness chasing Dunny round Brockhole kicking lumps out of him.

I agree with the sentiment, but not sure I'd like to be the one telling Glen Chapple that his players are "portly office jockeys", (the game was against Lancashire County Cricket Club) :-)

If you guys are right, Coyle would be sackable.

He is not and unlike Kean he cannot be wound up into resigning in a huff.

He clearly didn't enjoy the abuse he received at the end of the Barnsley game, threw a right strop by all accounts.

He clearly didn't enjoy the abuse he received at the end of the Barnsley game, threw a right strop by all accounts.

Then let's give him some more, lots more.

Why not start sending letter to senior asking him to remove coyle, get Rowett

When they appointed Coyle in the manner they did it told me Rovers were being run in a way not seen before in British football. It was as though they were deliberately setting the club up to fail. I could no longer go along with that state of affairs.

No mate you just like me, Abbey etc with decades of regular attendance between us are just making excuses. We've all chosen now to stop going because it's a bit crap. We are terrible fans because we haven't got a superfan coloured soap box between us :blink:

If 15k pitched up every game everything would be ok don't you get this ? Coyle could then have given 2 year contracts to Brown and Greer and brought in the Giles Barnes he's been yearning for since summer and Venkys would've appointed Tom Finn to run the show. We'd be 2nd in the league.

Shame on us !

Coyle finished me off too,

Only done 4 games so far this season :-(

same for me I have a season ticket and I have been to ewood 5 times with two away days Newcastle ( my cousins are geordies and one was away so had a free ticket ) and the debacle at Cardiff which took my hacked state to new levels

same for me I have a season ticket and I have been to ewood 5 times with two away days Newcastle ( my cousins are geordies and one was away so had a free ticket ) and the debacle at Cardiff which took my hacked state to new levels

I did the Barnsley & Huddersfield trips. Not sure who got the short straw there Pete.

• Backroom

No mate you just like me, Abbey etc with decades of regular attendance between us are just making excuses. We've all chosen now to stop going because it's a bit crap. We are terrible fans because we haven't got a superfan coloured soap box between us :blink:

If 15k pitched up every game everything would be ok don't you get this ? Coyle could then have given 2 year contracts to Brown and Greer and brought in the Giles Barnes he's been yearning for since summer and Venkys would've appointed Tom Finn to run the show. We'd be 2nd in the league.

Shame on us !

Ridiculous.

We'd be top.

Shame on us !

Get your pom poms and your lycra on. Where going to cheer this bitch back to the Prem!!!!

It's that simple,.....isn't it? 😯

Shame on us !

Not up to your usual standard that post, if 15k still turned up every week we wouldn't have to hand out contracts to pensioners like Greer and Brown.

That said I can't really blame anyone for having had enough as a result of the chaos of the Venky's era.

Back on topic on Coyle, the Blackpool game has to be a tipping point if we lose to a team two divisions below managed by a guy we've already sacked. If he survives that then he clearly won't be potted this season whatever happens.

Not up to your usual standard that post, if 15k still turned up every week we wouldn't have to hand out contracts to pensioners like Greer and Brown.

That said I can't really blame anyone for having had enough as a result of the chaos of the Venky's era.

Back on topic on Coyle, the Blackpool game has to be a tipping point if we lose to a team two divisions below managed by a guy we've already sacked. If he survives that then he clearly won't be potted this season whatever happens.

I think Coyle would though that's my point and i don't think those lads are on peanuts now. Yes they freebies but could a better less suspect guy have done a bit better even with these circumstances ? I'd say so after all he got Hoban here so another along the lines of him would have offered more than people who are cast iron guaranteed to hardly play a part even without a serious injury.

Like i said in another post one decent signing has to be balanced out with a dodgy one by putting someone on the books no one else would touch in our circumstances. It's a recurring Venky owned theme despite what the crowds are averaging.

I'm sure they in their delusion budgeted for 15k+ crowds after relegation yet they still delivered Murphy and Ethuhu therefore wasting any extra revenue straight away.

When they appointed Coyle in the manner they did it told me Rovers were being run in a way not seen before in British football. It was as though they were deliberately setting the club up to fail. I could no longer go along with that state of affairs.

Having listened to the chap on talksport earlier talking about Rovers (Keith Harris https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_R._Harris) and his asserion that he believed that owning us had made the Venkys chicken business substanitally more profitable, I am more inclined to believe that Owen Coyle was hired because he was cheap. Rovers is costing Venkys money and so they do everything on the cheap from now when it comes to us - even more than in the past - whilst the profit increase in the chicken business is why they continue to stick around.

Just my opinion of course...

I'm struggling to believe that owning Rovers is in some way beneficial to their sales of poultry products in India. I'm sure 99% of their customers in India buy their products regardless and the majority would never have heard of Blackburn Rovers or know that Venkys own them. Even then, how could they know that improved business fortunes in India were any shape or form related to Rovers?

I can start to believe that there is some sort of accounting practice taking place with Rovers making substantial losses and them using that to their advantage with their other business interests, but my knowledge of those sort of schemes is poor, so I couldn't really comment further. I'd still need some convincing that a club costing them (or someone) upwards of £15 million per year for no guaranteed return is worthwhile to take advantage of tax laws etc.

As for the latest man in the dugout, he's becoming even more of a self parody every passing day. He chose to recruit people like Stokes, Brown, Mulgrew and Hoban despite all having fitness issues. We could all see in the summer when he was signing them that they would all miss chunks of the season through injury, yet the one handing out the contracts was quite happy to get them in on 1,2,3 year deals which we will be saddled with in League One if the likely outcome happens this season. Only last week he was claiming he had a good strong squad that would be fine if no reinforcements arrived, now he's moaning about numbers and injuries in key areas and saying signings are essential. He's a joke. The only optimism I have is the increasingly ridiculous and laughable comments he's making are coming from him knowing he's under big pressure and his days are numbered (unlikely I know).

Archived