BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Hi guys! First time poster and long time reader of the board.

I was curious this morning and wanted to get a feel for Coyle's win rate to date and came across this:

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/blackburn-rovers/

For those who continue to compare Bowyer, Lambert and Coyle's tenure here, the stats would certainly indicate that Coyle is doing far worse of the lot in terms of win %!! Why on earth is he still here?!

actually the most damning measure is not the win% but the % losses, if you compare him to Kidd, their win % similar, but Kidd got a heap of draws Coyle doesn't. he either wins, or more likely loses, no middle ground -

A decent manager adapts to regular losses by tightening up - not 'our' Owen, he ploughs on regardless and blames individual mistakes. Any properly run club wouldn't have hired him in the first place, even a poorly-run club would have sacked him by now, our corrupt collection of no-marks clearly prefer him to be in place regardless

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only things keeping Coyle in a job can be

A) He's cheap and

B ) There may be a feeling that overall Coyle hasn't been in charge very long and we don't want to go back to the 5 managers in a season sort of scenario.

Of course as far as the fans are concerned whilst a few were prepared to see how he actually did, everyone predicted the ill thought out and conceived appointment would end in tears and that's the way it's panning out.

What makes it even more galling is that for a bit more money we could have had Warnock. Allegedly.

Was talking to a guy in front of me yesterday who said a mate of his got talking to Ben Marshall's dad in blues a couple of weeks ago. He said that all the players are completely fed up with Coyle.

Apparently, training consists of running about a bit and a few five a side games. There is no prep for the upcoming games and no tactics to go out on the pitch with. The players are basically trying to figure it out themselves and then just get shouted at when they go in at HT if it's not working!

As ridiculous as this sounds, I can well believe it having watched enough this season. This would certainly explain why we always concede first. The players basically haven't yet sussed out the opposition before going behind!!

For the love of God, get this muppet out of our club before it's too late. Obviously I'd prefer it if Venkys (edit:stupid auto correct!)accompanied him but as this doesn't look likely any time soon I'll settle for a new manager in the short term.

Genuinely can't believe that it's that organised...

Was talking to a guy in front of me yesterday who said a mate of his got talking to Ben Marshall's dad in blues a couple of weeks ago. He said that all the players are completely fed up with Coyle.

Apparently, training consists of running about a bit and a few five a side games. There is no prep for the upcoming games and no tactics to go out on the pitch with. The players are basically trying to figure it out themselves and then just get shouted at when they go in at HT if it's not working!

As ridiculous as this sounds, I can well believe it having watched enough this season. This would certainly explain why we always concede first. The players basically haven't yet sussed out the opposition before going behind!!

For the love of God, get this muppet out of our club before it's too late. Obviously I'd prefer it if Venkys (edit:stupid auto correct!)accompanied him but as this doesn't look likely any time soon I'll settle for a new manager in the short term.

Heard exactly the same thing from a different first team player, so the story stacks up.

Heard exactly the same thing from a different first team player, so the story stacks up.

Not surprising at all, we all thought Bowyer was bad for being too matey with the players and like Coyle lacking intensity in training. But at least the players actually liked Bowyer! The sooner coyle is given the boot the better. We have much bigger issues to worry about than Coyle though which says it all unfortunately.

The only things keeping Coyle in a job can be

A) He's cheap and

B ) There may be a feeling that overall Coyle hasn't been in charge very long and we don't want to go back to the 5 managers in a season sort of scenario.

You've forgotten C)

That being the Kentaro connection and the conspiracy theorists' view of things, none of which I have any reason to doubt.

Given we appear tactically clueless ever single game it certainly adds up. Even the recent win against Newcastle was a compete fluke rather than shrewd management.

He's famed for pushing his doughnuts and ping pong tournies - they obviously work alright if you're riding the crest of the wave, but when you're at the bottom not so much. He is a complete fraud and after us will be lucky to ever get a gig in football again.

I can believe it, but I cannot understand why the players don't organise themselves, they are professionals after all. If they feel so bad, why haven't they complained to the PFA, give Gordon Taylor the opportunity to earn his salary.

Not totally sure how they would do elements of this. When could they scout out the opposition? When could they work on formations and in units?- other than Lowe, Steele and Graham it's not clear who will play and even our illustrious captain's position changes. Also look at what has happened to any leader since the cluckers rocked up - got rid of asap. Not as simple to organise themselves as we'd think.

Not totally sure how they would do elements of this. When could they scout out the opposition? When could they work on formations and in units?- other than Lowe, Steele and Graham it's not clear who will play and even our illustrious captain's position changes. Also look at what has happened to any leader since the cluckers rocked up - got rid of asap. Not as simple to organise themselves as we'd think.

They could do it with Subuteo players on the long table in McDonalds

Most players I have played with (albeit not professional) could sort out how to start a game in the walk out to the pitch. If a team came at us with an unusual or unexpected tactic we adapted, we weren't always good enough to prevail, but we made an attempt, without being told what to do. As I said earlier the least I would expect from pro footballers is the ability to organise players in their particular areas of the team.

They could do it with Subuteo players on the long table in McDonalds

OK so that donuts you Jason and you will pass it to that donut Steele who will hoof it to that donut Feeney who will... PASHA stop eating the donuts !!! PAUL stop trying to sell them !! Nobody wants them, especially at them prices

The thing about training was being banded about a while back allegedly from another player but along the exact same lines. Coyles an old school manager and that's how a lot go about it just warm up and the running is fitness training then the football work is small sided games. Basically that's it with a bit of waffle on a Friday about marking etc.

Just going through the motions doing the bare minimum, cheap is what cheap does.

Blokes an absolute fraud.

Apparently they were trying to arrange a seniors v juniors table tennis game the other week, and it was lost in translation with Pasha. Barry thought the seniors were a good bet and that's how we ended up with the new DOF. Only a rumour mind.

Lambert couldn't have been in on 'the plan', so why in hell was he ever appointed?

For what it's worth I think Pasha was attempting to 'make a statement' with the appointment.

It seems he was handed more power and influence around the summer of 2015. Soon after that the rumours about Bowyer being on thin ice started to circulate as he was never Pasha's man or Balaji's for that matter.

Pasha had probably fallen for the same lies and drivel about the owners wanting promotion as so many others had done and was genuinely seeking a manager who had a track record of doing just that. Whether he did it knowing it probably wouldn't work, or whether he did it with the best of intentions only for Venkys to wreck it like everything else, or perhaps he was told by his bosses they wanted promotion and he acted on that basis, who knows.

Alternatively he knew last season was last chance saloon and knew the best chance we had of an unlikely promotion was to get a proven manager in. It suited both parties to give it a go and if it didn't work out then part company in the summer.

Now we're onto Plan B after the sacking Bowyer and going for experience plan failed. That involves giving up on progress as a football club and merely stripping back wherever possible with a yes man desperado in the dugout who will facilitate the whole thing without complaint.

Its very easy to go around telling people you want promotion and are committed to the football club etc. etc. Ultimately actions speak louder than words and when it comes to the effort and cash needed they are well short on both. Lambert probably heard everything that he needed to from these crooks before taking the job, but it seems they were just paying lip service as they are continuing to do.

Only today we've had the latest public face sat on TV on the club website telling us how we should be grateful and how the owners are committed to the club and all the rest of the PR spin. Its easy to see why an out of work manager like Lambert or Warnock would like what they say and be keen to give them a chance to put their words into action.

• Backroom

On the face of it Lambert was basically brought in to do what Bowyer couldn't.

Sell Jordan Rhodes.

Once that was done, Lambert was suddenly met with a wall of silence as far as reinvestment was concerned and that was the end of that. £9m in the bank and no payout for Lambert as he walked. A job well done.

On the face of it Lambert was basically brought in to do what Bowyer couldn't.

Sell Jordan Rhodes.

Once that was done, Lambert was suddenly met with a wall of silence as far as reinvestment was concerned and that was the end of that. £9m in the bank and no payout for Lambert as he walked. A job well done.

I've also come to that conclusion.

I don't believe Coyle is trying to get us relegated or that he is on a bonus, I just think he's absolutely clueless and is just happy to be in a job in English football. That works perfectly for Venky's as he wont rock the boat, will tow the party line and cause them no fuss whatsoever. He will never get a job in the top two leagues again so he's happy to keep schtum. I don't think they're aiming to get us relegated I think they don't care if we do or don't. That's the worst case really, they genuinely don't care about us.

Archived