BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Just now, JAL said:

Would like to think it's a collective we putting an amount in then some borrowed money then someone to push it over the line with as mi h as the collective we and borrowed money.

Ten thousand Rovers fans putting in 1k each has to be a target from the fan base though think they had close to 3k last time of asking.

That's £10 million, do you think the owners would go for it

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, yoda said:

That's £10 million, do you think the owners would go for it

What is a real concern we are told we are 100 million or there abouts in debt but what else is there that we havnt we been told about let's face it these are smart people they are not going to put their private assets up as collateral for any bank.  What else have these numbskulls done 

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

What is a real concern we are told we are 100 million or there abouts in debt but what else is there that we havnt we been told about let's face it these are smart people they are not going to put their private assets up as collateral for any bank.  What else have these numbskulls done 

The owners get naff all ! It's bit like a kidnappers ransom demands ...nothing !

11 hours ago, Irishrover213 said:

This is the worry and if they have been having funded through the BOI against their business or personal assets or taken external loans on they simply can't just let it go even if they want to. Given the reckless way they've run it and the suspected other parties involved i doubt this is the case though and i reckon it's more likely to be structured in a way that they get out quite unscathed if it goes to the wall. They might be daft but their finance men won't be otherwise they'd have brought the poultry side of it to it's knees as well.

I think it'll all be very very complex indeed.

creditors put people into admin in most cases rather than owners, WUP take a long time to go through as its a court process, much quicker if a bank calls in loans.

Again, using my knowledge from my dads work you would be amazed how many clubs have WUP started against them but by the time it gets through court the issues are often sorted (on the surface/short term). 

• Backroom

Stories about Bowyer being close to the chop were circulating before August was even out. You could see in his interviews that he was feeling the pressure.

Coyle? Not so much as a whisper and his demeanour suggests little to no pressure. The only time he gets riled is when the fans remind him how dreadful he is at his job.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not even a murmur that he's under any pressure. That's the sickening thing. You just know that whoever has the ability to get rid of him isn't even thinking about it.

It's absolutely disgraceful and smacks of agency involvement.

I said I never wanted to go through this situation again after the whole K**n saga but it looks like we are.

It's starting to put me off Rovers altogether to be honest.

Edit: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15086585._If_they_think_I___m_the_villain_of_the_piece_then_so_be_it____Owen_Coyle_on_chants_from_Blackburn_Rovers_fans_in_Rotherham_United_draw/?ref=mac

wtf? is he on about here..

Total deflection mode, it's not my fault, I didn't inherit a team of champions.

Also goes full K**n mode: "I'm prepared to stand out there and take everything that comes my way."

Translation: I will never walk away from this gravy train.

"Whatever people sing, the bottom line is that I make sure the players are focussed, apart from 10 minutes where they should have done better, they did that and could have easily won the game."

So he admits it's his job to keep the team focussed and then admits he didn't do his job because they switched off for 10minutes, which cost us a goal and any chance of 3 points, but its not his fault, of course.

Hate this guy so much.

I don't think he is unsackable like kean. I would say he is on a knife edge currently. The win against qpr saved him that week and the equaliser last weekend likewise. I'm not sure a defeat against Wednesday will see him get the door,but one against Burton might. We are in fighting to stay up. I would imagine if we go 4 points from safety,they will pull the trigger. What is the latest in the season a team has appointed a new manager do any of ye recall?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think he is unsackable like kean. I would say he is on a knife edge currently. The win against qpr saved him that week and the equaliser last weekend likewise. I'm not sure a defeat against Wednesday will see him get the door,but one against Burton might. We are in fighting to stay up. I would imagine if we go 4 points from safety,they will pull the trigger. What is the latest in the season a team has appointed a new manager do any of ye recall?

Owners/Agents/Sporting Directors/Whoever, going back and forth with sacking him/retaining him based on a week by week basis is madness. All it says is, that they don't have total confidence in the manager to deliver the results required.

So there is no point in keeping him at all.

What are you basing this on please?

• Backroom

Not sure on the latest in a season a manager has been appointed, but last season Rotherham appointed Warnock on 11th Feb, when they were 22nd, three points from safety and having lost eight of their previous twelve matches. His impact was practically instantaneous.

Of course, even if Coyle was miraculously given the boot, we'd probably end up with Shebby Singh returning as manager.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

What are you basing this on please?

It is just my feeling that while things are so tight, they are going to leave him be, but as soon as we get cut adrift ,they(Senior) will move. I would hope the feelers are out already with regards to who we could get. There isn't a standout candidate for me. I fear it will be some manager from abroad in the mode of what Hull did, but instead of getting someone good, our appointment will turn out disastrously wrong. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Owners/Agents/Sporting Directors/Whoever, going back and forth with sacking him/retaining him based on a week by week basis is madness. All it says is, that they don't have total confidence in the manager to deliver the results required.

So there is no point in keeping him at all.

The club is being run so badly, I am pretty sure that is what is happening. It is so tight at the bottom, they will see if Coyle can get us out of it. Rather than spend money sacking him and paying big wages to get someone else in. They are flipping a coin and hoping it comes up on the right side. But as I said above, if we get cut adrift, I think they will sack him. If it is "too late" to appoint some left wing manager from abroad, they will give it to David Dunn or someone else from within. Coyle is in a precarious position anyway. It is in his interest to keep us up, because if he doesn't , he will find it very difficult to get another job. 

The club is being run so badly, I am pretty sure that is what is happening. It is so tight at the bottom, they will see if Coyle can get us out of it. Rather than spend money sacking him and paying big wages to get someone else in. They are flipping a coin and hoping it comes up on the right side. But as I said above, if we get cut adrift, I think they will sack him. If it is "too late" to appoint some left wing manager from abroad, they will give it to David Dunn or someone else from within. Coyle is in a precarious position anyway. It is in his interest to keep us up, because if he doesn't , he will find it very difficult to get another job. 

If we get cut adrift and they sack him, then, at a proper club, Seniors position would be under pressure. He was the one who refused Coyle transfer targets in January. He's the one who brought in Joao and sold Marshall. He's the one who made the judgement that Coyle would get enough points before the end of the season for us to stay up. If we do stay up, - who would take the credit, Coyle or Senior?

Should never have been appointed.

Should've been removed by November at the latest.

The senior appointment took free transfer reign off him but kept his shoddy result garnering tripe.

I gave him a chance but enough is enough. From mentioning the the lies, shots at fans and constant crap performances that lack organisation and/or results despite the opportunity to bring players in to add to a decent team with effectively cover throughout with an expensive u23 and academy.

Whilst many will agree that Venkys are the big and small of all problems Rovers - I don't think anyone could say that OC should stay a minute longer, the extra damage he's caused could be the biggest cock up yet.

Kean MKII indeed, if Coyle stays much longer - Steve will start to look like an average manager.

I am sorry but I can't understand this focus on Coyle. Yes, I would like him removed, and yes performances haven't been great this year but for me a far greater threat has emerged under the form of Paul Senior, and Pasha. Senior is a man who i do not trust and who will come in with his own ideas and agenda. The fact that already in the few interviews he has done he just comes across as completely untrust worthy with no morals. Say what you want about Coyle as a person I would rather have him over Senior, Pasha, Kean and Shebby any day. The focus should be on exposing these men and getting them out in the open as quick as possible. 

The fact as well that both men are throwing dirt on each other already is just a recipe for disaster for me. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

This is the worry and if they have been having funded through the BOI against their business or personal assets or taken external loans on they simply can't just let it go even if they want to. Given the reckless way they've run it and the suspected other parties involved i doubt this is the case though and i reckon it's more likely to be structured in a way that they get out quite unscathed if it goes to the wall. They might be daft but their finance men won't be otherwise they'd have brought the poultry side of it to it's knees as well.

I think it'll all be very very complex indeed.

Nothing would surprise me. What if there's more loans there that have been moved off rovers books to some other venky subsidiary for audit purposes & then transferred back in. 

I don't think we will know the full extent of carnage that they have inflicted until after they are gone 

Just now, roverstdt said:

I am sorry but I can't understand this focus on Coyle. Yes, I would like him removed, and yes performances haven't been great this year but for me a far greater threat has emerged under the form of Paul Senior, and Pasha. Senior is a man who i do not trust and who will come in with his own ideas and agenda. The fact that already in the few interviews he has done he just comes across as completely untrust worthy with no morals. Say what you want about Coyle as a person I would rather have him over Senior, Pasha, Kean and Shebby any day. The focus should be on exposing these men and getting them out in the open as quick as possible. 

The fact as well that both men are throwing dirt on each other already is just a recipe for disaster for me. 

My thoughts exactly. Whatever about Coyles ability, he is coming out and taking the flack every week. Some of defeats have been very hard to stomach, I would not have fancied going out being interviewed. Ya, say what ye want now, oh I am defending Kean blah blah blah, whatever. The fact of the matter is that goings on behind the scenes are what is killing this club slowly. 

Would anyone be able to draw a diagram of the management structure of the club, from Queen Venky down to Coyle? 

Archived