BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle Out

Stuart

Just now, arbitro said:

You didn't answer my question. Do you think Coil will keep us up? And if so why?

I don't know if he will. That is an answer. 

It is so tight down there and we aren't the only poor team. In fact we have better players than some of the clubs around us. I am hoping we put a run together. Teams have done it before. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should have been 2 up by half time , if we had of taken our chances. True or false? 

"If we had scored more than the opposition, we would've won. But we didn't."

Excellent argument, that.

"If we had deserved to win, then we would've done. But we didn't."

"If Venky's had kept Allardyce on and stayed away from dodgy agents, we would still be in the Premiership. But they didn't and we're not."

"If Coyle was a better manager, then he would be a better manager. But he's not."

"If I stopped making daft wind-up posts, then I wouldn't be a wind-up merchant. But I am."

1 minute ago, broadsword said:

"If we had scored more than the opposition, we would've won. But we didn't."

Excellent argument, that.

"If we had deserved to win, then we would've done. But we didn't."

"If Venky's had kept Allardyce on and stayed away from dodgy agents, we would still be in the Premiership. But they didn't and we're not."

"If Coyle was a better manager, then he would be a better manager. But he's not."

"If I stopped making daft wind-up posts, then I wouldn't be a wind-up merchant. But I am."

My argument was that the players haven't given up, have self-belief and think they can get results. Contrary to the fact that some of our fans have already given up. 

Dogg, let's say your girlfriend has been playing the field for the past 6 years and you've caught her red-handed several times.  Do you

- go back to her every time, saying 'this time will be different, I'll give her a chance' or

- after 6 years, call time and move on.

Your line on this thread is pretty clear.

Just now, Neil Weaver said:

Dogg, let's say your girlfriend has been playing the field for the past 6 years and you've caught her red-handed several times.  Do you

- go back to her every time, saying 'this time will be different, I'll give her a chance' or

- after 6 years, call time and move on.

Your line on this thread is pretty clear.

So you are breaking up with Blackburn rovers? Why are you here then? 

What are you doing to get rid of the current owners? 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well giving up is stupid, in my opinion. I understand fans are worn down from what has been going on here for the past 6 years, so each to their own though. 

So by those last few words To each their own, i Take it you havent Been worn down? Can i Ask why?

Just now, roverandout said:

So by those last few words To each their own, i Take it you havent Been worn down? Can i Ask why?

I don't feel the need to constantly be in a negativity vacuum. The club is in a  bad spot, but I don't believe a club like Blackburn will constantly be in this position. I believe we can get back into the Premier league. I want the owners gone as much as anyone, but I can't see that happening. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't feel the need to constantly be in a negativity vacuum. The club is in a  bad spot, but I don't believe a club like Blackburn will constantly be in this position. I believe we can get back into the Premier league. I want the owners gone as much as anyone, but I can't see that happening. 

You believe then that we can get back to the Premier League under Venky's?

Asset-stripping, dodgy agent-consorting, Queen-licking, chicken-strangling, phantom-owners, useless personnel-appointing Venky's?

You believe that we can be successful under Venky's after they got rid of a decent manager, appointed a string of useless ones, wasted god knows how much money on agent fees to bring in no-mark players, and have appointed Owen Coyle to oversee our relegation? You think because we might have won against rock-bottom pub side Rotherham, if only we'd scored when we didn't score, that the players are fighting to stay up, and we've got a chance of getting out of this mess?

You're not outside of a negativity bubble... you're outside of reality. No wonder you get accused of having an agenda.

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My argument was that the players haven't given up, have self-belief and think they can get results. Contrary to the fact that some of our fans have already given up. 

How do we know the players haven't given up?  They could be fed up with Coyle and know he's taking us down?

Maybe they'd be spurred on by some comments from the manager along the lines of "we are in a precarious position and it's up to us to fight our way out of it, and I have confidence in the players " but this "we'll be fineeeeee" "we won't get relegated" "false position... first seven games" nonsense is an insult to the intelligence of everyone associated with BRFC.  He isn't invoking any fight from the players, he's telling them it will all be ok in the end regardless, and from the lacklustre performances and our league position, maybe they believe him!

It's the manner in which he comes out with it.  Just an arrogance to his comments with absolutely nothing to back it up, like Kean.  There's a big difference between talking positively and talking out your arse.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Its not being negative, its being realistic. If this was 2011 or 2012 then I could accept that things might change for the better under these owners. I could believe that a point might be reached where they radically change the way they do business and allow the club to rebuild.

Even in 2015 I was willing to forgive past misdemeanours, give them the benefit of doubt and some credit for the surprising and impressive appointment of Paul Lambert and Alan Irvine. I thought that maybe, finally, they were taking the right advice and doing things properly having wasted in excess of £100 million. An ambitious managerial appointment, supported with excellent coaching staff appointments, sprinkled with an affinity and past connection to the club - they ticked every box there to be ticked in November 2015.

Unfortunately what has happened in the 16 months since then has not only destroyed all the goodwill Lambert's appointment brought, but they've also sent the club backwards at an astonishing rate in every department. Its now 2017. Almost 7 years of my Rovers supporting life has been taken up with a cloud of Venkys and their regime hanging over it.

Time to get real. It isn't being negative, it's being realistic. They aren't ever going to change, they aren't ever going to learn, either because they don't want to change or aren't able to change.

Even when they stumble into making what should be a sensible decision (Lambert) or get a chance to change things for the better, they either refuse to do anything or quickly make a mess of it.

Even after Lambert threw in the towel, they could have at least averted the current unfolding crisis by getting Warnock in and backing him, but they even messed that one up.

Then to turn back to the dark forces of the pre-Bowyer era by recruiting Coyle despite his past and pathetic CV was just the icing on the cake. It was either a deliberate act of provocation by the owners/decision makers or they really have so little interest or concern that they weren't bothered.

I wonder is Bigdoggsteel is named after the Steel City of Sheffield? I know someone has mentioned he has been a member for a  few years, but he seems to have started posting with regularity, since someone turned up, who was previously at Sheffield. Of course it could be just me.

As someone from outside of the Blackburn area I spent several years referring to the team as Blackburn. However as I got old enough to go and watch the rover's week in week out you soon realise it's not the done thing referring to the team as Blackburn. Don't really have a point just stating a fact

Archived