BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ''the Magic Of The Cup'' ~ Fa Cup Thread 2016/17 Edition

Not the greatest draw but certainly not the worst. The plus side is it's a day out in London, I don't mind going to Loftus Road on the train, and we're capable of winning it.

Much better than someone like Palace or Southampton away.

Generally a poor 3rd round draw. No real stand out games with the Premier League boys and non-league clubs kept apart.

That was the last time I spent any money at Ewood.

Bought a table for 6 in Jack's Kitchen and was surrounded by Wham fans who took virtually all the other tables.

Rovers home support v Huddersfield was 7,850 if anyone is interested. I als understand we have sold 3K to date for Dumpdale.

I'm surprised we've sold 3k with us being in turmoil and it being an evening kick off on Skyto be fair.

Crap draw ( no offence meant to QPR).

QPR have been through the ringer with poor ownership, false hope/dawns, shoddy decisions, debt, flirting with FFP, whiff of dodgy dealings and a split fan base. All sounds very familiar.

Perhaps the FA cup draw opens up the prospect of a combined protest?

Or just enables a meet up with their fans and collectively drown sorrows in a few West London hostelries...

Pre Venkys I would be over the moon with a London game. Live down south. Won't be going. Was on this website in 1997. Wonderful place back then before the bickering. Family has fallen out. True supporters, not true supporters. Watched the Blues since 1965. Venkys have destroyed families. I'll go to Brentford. Hopefully we'll stay up but January to come. Think we'll end up playing Darwen one day and I'll probably want the Salmonella being a Darrener. Like the predictive text. Don't respond. Only talk once in a blue. Happy Rovering

Likewise I'd like a trip to Barrow. I always look to see how they are doing. A prestigious Lancastrian and ex football league club, good to see them on the way back. They still have the red rose of lancs on their badge. Plus I once played on their ground Holker St when I was younger!

I remember going to see Darwen play there in the early 70s and thinking how big a ground Holker Street was - and I also played there several years after that in a representative match.

They got a home tie and a relatively local derby but I guess they would have preferred a bigger name than Rochdale. As for Rovers - I hate getting a team from the same division, especially away from home.

The FA Cup lost its magic the day they moved the kick off to 5pm and allowed other leagues to continue playing instead of the final being the end of season show piece.

What do TheFA do for the English game ?

Don't really think QPR fall into the same boat as us with ownership issues.

Fair enough Fernandes has made some odd managerial decisions and wasted a lot of money on overpaid players, but QPR are in far better health than we are.

Fernandes goes to games and speaks to fans, he seems to enjoy the football side of it, he keeps paying the bills without selling the family silver. They've got a proper board of directors with Hoos from Burnley and Les Ferdinand as D of F.

I think he got into the game for the right reasons - he wanted to build QPR up and get them a new stadium and establish them in the Premier League. Hand in hand with that went a genuine interest in football. Problem is they've always been the poor little neighbours to Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in that part of the world and always will be. Throwing money at it all of a sudden won't change that.

If/when they get a new ground and get back to the Premier League they'll be able to do what Fulham and West Ham do which is sell a large amount of tickets to the day-trippers and tourists who want to watch a Premier League match whilst on holiday in London.

Whatever mistakes have been made at QPR they at least have an owner who takes an interest, goes to games, speaks, has a proper structure in place and at least claims to be trying to make a success of it. Nothing like the disaster we've got at Rovers really.

'Magic of the Cup' concept appears to have come to an end with the live TV broadcasters now that there's no chance of Salford City making an appearance in the competition this season.

6 games on live tv shared between BBC and BT Sport.

West Ham v Man City

Man Utd v Reading

PNE v Arsenal

Liverpool v Plymouth/Newport

Spurs v Villa

Cambridge v Leeds

No appearances for any of the non-league sides left in the competition:

Ipswich v Lincoln (Lincoln going well at top of Conference)

Barrow v Rochdale (Barrow unbeaten in 20 odd games and knocked out Bristol Rovers)

Brentford v Halifax/Eastleigh (Eastleigh knocked Swindon out in 1st round)

Sutton v Wimbledon (local derby, amazed they haven't grasped the opportunity to broadcast Wimbledon)

I used to really look forward to the 3rd round weekend when there was always a non-league side on TV up against a heavily fancied League team. Instead its going to be sterile rubbish watching Man Utd dispatch Reading or Liverpool reserves cruise through against League Two opposition.

Only ones worth watching will be PNE v Arsenal and Cambridge v Leeds.

Boring .

someone told me and im too lazy to check as well

here you are

THE COMPLETE LIST OF UNITED'S 55 TELEVISED FIXTURES

Jan 19, 2005 - Won 2-0 vs Exeter
Jan 29, 2005 - Won 3-0 vs Middlesbrough
Feb 19, 2005 - Won 2-0 at Everton
March 12, 2005 - 4-0 at Southampton
April 17, 2005 - Won 4-1 at Newcastle
May 21, 2005 - Lost 0-0 (5-4 pens) vs Arsenal
Jan 8, 2006 - Drew 0-0 at Burton
Jan 18, 2006 - Won 5-0 vs Burton