SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My Agenda Is Blackburn Rovers

rigger

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Owen Coyle,

I do have an agenda, along with an increasing number of fellow fans. Our agenda is to remove you and the current owners from the club and to rescue what we can. It may sound melodramatic, but things have become terminal as I shall explain. Firstly, the owners have put too much faith in shifty agents at best, or have sought to asset strip and cynically dismantle a pillar of the local community at worst. Secondly, I believe you are not able to recover the club's pre-Venky's position of about 10th in the Premier League. Results so far have shown this to be true, along with your pretty bad record in the MLS, where the fans of your former club are pretty rude about your abilities. Thirdly, the results have been absolutely shocking. Sorry, but 3 or 4 3-2 losses followed by a 2-0 loss against a team we've not lost to for about 70 years.

We are in the relegation zone, show no signs of a revival, your blaming of the fans has the echoes of Steve Kean (who was very suspicious) and your absolutely deluded nonsense after the latest loss all show you are not capable. I understand that the Raos are somewhat...........difficult to work for but if you did not know that after even a glance at the sports pages over the last 6 years you're simple minded and naive. The alternative is that you want a job with no expectations, no demands and easy money as your paymasters destroy a club and a town out of spite. So much funny business involving agents, Either way, it shows you are not the right man for the job, and if you have any honour, you should stand by your results, prove you are not in on the destruction of the club and leave.

Yours sincerely,

Norbert R.

The fans agenda was to never appoint you in the first place, not because you used to manage those nuggets down the M65, but because your managerial record is absolutely abysmal as we're seeing week in week out.

burnley - jumped ship just before relegation and failure

Bolton - failed

Wigan - failed

Houston - failed

Blackburn Rovers - failed

2 clean sheets in 26 competitive games at Rovers.

Average of almost 2 goals conceded per game over almost 10 years at 5 different clubs.

5 league wins and 13 defeats in 23 games.

39 goals conceded this season.

Highest league position this season of 20th.

My only agenda is the above and how we can overcome that to avoid a disastrous and embarrassing relegation to the 3rd division. Unfortunately for Coyle my conclusion is the only way to sort it out immediately is to remove the manager and appoint someone else.

2 clean sheets in 26 competitive games at Rovers.

Average of almost 2 goals conceded per game over almost 10 years at 5 different clubs.

5 league wins and 13 defeats in 23 games.

39 goals conceded this season.

Highest league position this season of 20th.

My only agenda is the above and how we can overcome that to avoid a disastrous and embarrassing relegation to the 3rd division. Unfortunately for Coyle my conclusion is the only way to sort it out immediately is to remove the manager and appoint someone else.

Well said. That's my agenda as well. To act in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. To my mind that needs to see the removal of the manager. Plus we need to see Venkys put the club up for sale.

However, funny that you should mention it Owen, just what is the clubs agenda here?

To my mind, and many others of course, it would appear that the plan, the agenda, is to achieve relegation this season.

Why else would they appoint a serial failure of a manager? Unless the aim is relegation.

Why keep faith with a guy who simply can't set the team up correctly and shows no tactical acumen whatsoever. Unless the aim is relegation of course.

Why not act now and sack the manager who has practically kept us in the bottom 3 all season? Unless the aim is relegation of course...

Why not try someone different and change the manager. Only Burton from the bottom 8 in this division have yet to change their manager. I can only take a guess here and suggest they did this as they were worried about the prospect of relegation. No pressure on Owen that we can see though is there? Only from fans who clearly have a "different" agenda.

What are Venkys thinking? Are they still alive? How's about Pasha, Cheston, Coar, Silvester? Same for this shower as well. Is anyone actually bothered about the clubs plight? Is anyone actually accountable here? Does anyone have to answer to anyone else? Are people under pressure??

The silence, as ever, is deafening.

So I can only conclude that the clubs agenda for this season is to be relegated. It's going swimmingly well and if it wasn't for those pesky fans who still give a damn....

So let's have a vote of confidence from Pasha, a statement from Cheston, a murmur of confusion from Pune, just to appease those concerned fans, some of whom spent £23 and 3-4 hours travelling time the day after Christmas to support their team - just out of spite.

Let's have some reassuring words in the local paper that the people who own and run the club on a day to day basis are still alive, have noticed that we may well be relegated and that, well you know, it's a bit of a concern really, and yeah, they're really really bothered.

Not that anyone will believe a single word of it but I seem to recall that this is what happens at "normal" football clubs. Plus it keeps up the illusion.

Or perhaps it might be a better idea to get your head out of your arses and sack the manager that should never have been appointed in the first place. At the same time you can let us know just what the clubs agenda really is.

WAR should be all over this. Ex players should be speaking out. We all know the real Agenda at Rovers.

Filthy Lucre

could someone verify one way or another why simon garner was muted as the face/spokesmen of WAR ?

unless im mistaken he has not promoted or said a single word.

Dead right. Coyle's weasel words are all about maintaining an illusion.

Relegation is the agenda, as far as I am concerned. Just like it was in the summer of 2011.The trouble is I have not worked out why.

If it's agent driven they'll be looking at the pay offs again from the next big unavoidable downscale after the drop. Load a few on the wage bill then ask for the contracts paying up after relegation to get them off the wage bill.

My agenda dear dingle is to rid the club of parasites like you cheston and dear old burnley bob.them indians need to go but you 3 will do for a start and then we can move our long term agenda to the indians.we have lost 14k fans in the last 6 yrs maybe 7k may come back its like 1960 all over again,happen you could open a stall on the market.

Well said. That's my agenda as well. To act in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. To my mind that needs to see the removal of the manager. Plus we need to see Venkys put the club up for sale.

However, funny that you should mention it Owen, just what is the clubs agenda here?

To my mind, and many others of course, it would appear that the plan, the agenda, is to achieve relegation this season.

Why else would they appoint a serial failure of a manager? Unless the aim is relegation.

Why keep faith with a guy who simply can't set the team up correctly and shows no tactical acumen whatsoever. Unless the aim is relegation of course.

Why not act now and sack the manager who has practically kept us in the bottom 3 all season? Unless the aim is relegation of course...

Why not try someone different and change the manager. Only Burton from the bottom 8 in this division have yet to change their manager. I can only take a guess here and suggest they did this as they were worried about the prospect of relegation. No pressure on Owen that we can see though is there? Only from fans who clearly have a "different" agenda.

What are Venkys thinking? Are they still alive? How's about Pasha, Cheston, Coar, Silvester? Same for this shower as well. Is anyone actually bothered about the clubs plight? Is anyone actually accountable here? Does anyone have to answer to anyone else? Are people under pressure??

The silence, as ever, is deafening.

So I can only conclude that the clubs agenda for this season is to be relegated. It's going swimmingly well and if it wasn't for those pesky fans who still give a damn....

So let's have a vote of confidence from Pasha, a statement from Cheston, a murmur of confusion from Pune, just to appease those concerned fans, some of whom spent £23 and 3-4 hours travelling time the day after Christmas to support their team - just out of spite.

Let's have some reassuring words in the local paper that the people who own and run the club on a day to day basis are still alive, have noticed that we may well be relegated and that, well you know, it's a bit of a concern really, and yeah, they're really really bothered.

Not that anyone will believe a single word of it but I seem to recall that this is what happens at "normal" football clubs. Plus it keeps up the illusion.

Or perhaps it might be a better idea to get your head out of your arses and sack the manager that should never have been appointed in the first place. At the same time you can let us know just what the clubs agenda really is.

Bob, it was 3-4 hours if you were lucky enough to have a decent coach/driver.

Ex players should be speaking out.

Filthy Lucre

But these players won't Jock,to the best of my knowledge not a single member of the 95 Title winning squad has commented on our demise...you would have thought these players at least gave a damn enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with our support...God only knows we need all the help we can get!

Even club legends like Garner and Douglas have been far too quiet on or situation imo.It feels like at times our fans are totally on their own in this fight.

It's a very,very sad situation.

Garner is supposed to be THE front face of WAR but is silent .... why?

He probably takes his lead from the WAR committee Abbey and sadly they seem to have given up the ghost.

One member of WAR has his own agenda, but the rest of them are a credit to the cause.

The WAR meeting seemed like a final attempt to stimulate new ideas because they'd run out of them in my opinion. When the meeting failed to produce much they gave up the ghost, or thats as far as I see it anyway.

So whilst its disappointing, I think they deserve credit for the work they've been doing over many months and years.

Twenty thousand plus empty seats every week at Ewood in the minority can Owen Coyle actually count is this why he continually fails to win football games ?

The daft Scottish agents bitch !

Are these Scouse Scots or Scottish Scousers?

Archived