BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Sporting Director Rumour

TBTF

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big question is who does he respond to. The chain of command is unclear as it is without throwing another variable into the conundrum.

My guess is he won't come cheap.

Total autonomy over a football budget predetermined on an annual basis. We can but dream.

The whole budget next year despite what league we are in will probably only be about 10/12 million with maybe the brothers Grimm able to stick in a couple of million at best included in that. With this in mind its blood out of stones time and someone who can squeeze everything out of transfer outs and ins and wages.

This will probably be behind it and that's giving them credit for a bit of thinking, more likely it's just more money wasting window dressing. If he's based there every day i hope he has a big desk and brings plenty paper clips.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15005341.Owen_Coyle__New_Blackburn_Rovers_Football_Director_can_lead_to_clearer_communication_with_Venky_s/

Coyle's take on the appointment.

A few interesting quotes:

'My understanding of the remit of Paul coming in is he will be the day to day point of contact' - suggests Coyle has had little/nothing to do with the appointment, isn't completely sure what his role is going to be, and has had it forced upon him from above, which surely is a positive. Also suggests that Coyle will have to report to Senior who will in turn go to the owners.

“If the right players are available that we think we can get then Paul is an position to deal with that" - seems to suggest that he has the ability/authority to do business in certain circumstances

Perhaps mystery man Pasha has finally seen the need to have a normal set up and has persuaded the chuckle brothers of the same. Then again maybe not. If it cuts out the Pasha/Venkys element of decision making then it can only be good, if it is in addition to them then its another hurdle to overcome.

Someone saying he seems to be brought in to clubs to do a short term job and with his back ground seemingly in youth he'll be plugging the squad with young and cheap maybe ? As well as shoving a few the other way.

Maybe the next two windows for further downgrade then he's gone ?

'My understanding of the remit of Paul coming in is he will be the day to day point of contact' - suggests Coyle has had little/nothing to do with the appointment, isn't completely sure what his role is going to be, and has had it forced upon him from above, which surely is a positive. Also suggests that Coyle will have to report to Senior who will in turn go to the owners.

Isn't that what Pasha is supposed to be here for?

Glass half empty: Another freeloader sent to identify a new crop of talentless duds from preferred agencies on high wages / fees

Glass half full: Owners have agreed to a transfer budget and given footie director free licence to operate within the budget

"The thing is that I have always said from day one since coming in, is important that on a day-to-day basis to have that point of contact and whether its a technical director, director of football or football director, whatever you want to call it, its there as a source to help move this club on."

No you haven't Owen. Coylochio

Interesting..

Sporting Director required at Blackburn Rovers.

Must be willing to sit in an office all day and show his/her face around every now and again.

Must be willing to take the fall and be sacked instead of Owen Coyle when relegation is confirmed.

Solitaire skills preferable but not essential.

Surely the last 2 people to fill this role were Shebby and Tantric Dancer. At least he seems vaguely qualified.

anything the scumdogs do is vague

I could write paragraphs but I can some it all up in one word... Pointless.

or BS

Biggest pointer yet if any of this scam is true in the Owen Coyle isnt fit to perform his role of first team manager.

How's Scot Wharton doing and has Joe Rankin Costello received a new contract yet as the hopeless Ryan Nayambe seems to.

Biggest pointer yet if any of this scam is true in the Owen Coyle isnt fit to perform his role of first team manager.

How's Scot Wharton doing and has Joe Rankin Costello received a new contract yet as the hopeless Ryan Nayambe seems to.

All in time it's all about the commissions

Mother keaners! So Venkys when they had a chance to sit with Seneca who could have given them better advice, they said no ways. Now they bring in this guy which will just be a waste of time. Venkys keep on making stupid decisions, over ones that would have helped them. Send them all to the looney bin

Probably got the gig because he has made all sorts of promises about finding players for free or cheap.

It won't fix the fundamental problem which is there is no one to approve transfers. Unless - as Oscar suggests - a set budget to draw down on has been set. But why on earth would they do that? Why would they have any more confidence in this guy rather than Coyle? My guess is just he has made promises he can get costs down and as a result has been hired.

Probably got the gig because he has made all sorts of promises about finding players for free or cheap.

It won't fix the fundamental problem which is there is no one to approve transfers. Unless - as Oscar suggests - a set budget to draw down on has been set. But why on earth would they do that? Why would they have any more confidence in this guy rather than Coyle? My guess is just he has made promises he can get costs down and as a result has been hired.

made promises to who, was this even advertised (no). Was he unemployed before today. This is really out of the blue, and proves again no one is ITK , makes no sense at all but to prove wrong the other rumours about a March vexit.

Agree it will fail like everything else they have done. Weird indeed.

Can't tell if this is good news or bad news...

It's a Venkies hire it can't be good. My gut feel is this guy is here to look ahead, what potentially saleable assets are coming through the youth.

A confirmation Coyle is here for a long long time to come. We are finished.

Archived